Scottie
13th November 2007, 08:48 PM
just the car you happen to own and drive

or is it your hobbie.

If one of many hobbies then tell us what your other hobbies are

Big Gordy
13th November 2007, 08:57 PM
Just one of the many I'm afraid:rolleyes:
Mountain biking, scrambling (old school motocross;)) and radio controlled car racing mechanic to Ross:D:cool:

V11kae
13th November 2007, 09:12 PM
Its another love! :o

The Dogfather
13th November 2007, 09:13 PM
My MX5 is more of an obsession than a hobby, according to Jackie.

My actual hobby is walking up mountains in the Lakes. I used to do a bit of scrambling which is halfway between walking and rock climbing, however my youthful confidence and agility has faded. Last time I did a scrambling route I was either scared stiff or just plain knackered.

duncan
13th November 2007, 09:22 PM
Used to be a bigger one.

Football is my main one. Also, the pub.

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2007, 09:28 PM
Without a doubt, it's ours.

A.;)

Scottie
13th November 2007, 09:36 PM
Allan and I both share a few hobbies.

The cars are one of them

We then have our own hobbies.

for me I collect Teddy Bears have done this since I was 16. but not just any old bears I have 215 the oldest one is over 100 years old. The best bit they forever increase in value.:D

I also celllect pens. I am mainly into the Delta brand but have a few others.:o :o

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2007, 09:41 PM
Allan and I both share a few hobbies.

The cars are one of them

We then have our own hobbies.

for me I collect Teddy Bears have done this since I was 16. but not just any old bears I have 215 the oldest one is over 100 years old. The best bit they forever increase in value.:D

I also celllect pens. I am mainly into the Delta brand but have a few others.:o :o

Fi, I'm seeing a whole other side of you I didn't know existed.;) :D

Scottie
13th November 2007, 09:46 PM
Fi, I'm seeing a whole other side of you I didn't know existed.;) :D

Don't worry my Teddy Bears are part of my retirement fund.;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2007, 09:48 PM
Don't worry my Teddy Bears are part of my retirement fund.;)

Should be a good retirement fund if you started it over a hundred years ago....

A.:D

illegalhunter
13th November 2007, 09:52 PM
glad its gone

Scottie
13th November 2007, 09:56 PM
Should be a good retirement fund if you started it over a hundred years ago....

A.:D

LOL. that's the plan.;) ;)

AeroJonny
13th November 2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I suppose you'd call it a bit of a hobbie in that it's a car I really enjoy owning and I enjoy the social side of ownership too...hopefully going to be at more runs ;)

As far as my other hobbies...rugby, going to the gym and spending time with my friends.

RyanK
13th November 2007, 11:58 PM
I have to say exactly the same as AeroJonny with regards to the Car. I am seriously obsessed with Minis its sad. Although I wouldn't mind a golf:D

My Other hobbies are Football, Driving, Dj-ing (obsessed with music), Travelling, Spending time with friends, photography and others

niknax
14th November 2007, 12:35 AM
im heartbroken.....and the most sad thing about not having my mc is....i still mention the word 'mini' everyday.............:o so im told ;)........but watch this space, i will have another soooooon :)

Bumble
14th November 2007, 01:09 AM
Just one of many; I love my mini but I'm also a creative person as I make jewellery, needlework is an inherited one from my Gran, a bit of painting/drawing. On top of that study for exams takes up a good bit of my time at the moment.

Lynn

Burple
14th November 2007, 10:50 AM
Minis have been an obsession for a long time.. from welding a front floor, replacing head gaskets, suspension etc etc etc.. in my first proper Mini - and plenty of skinned fingers with all the other ones, till the current one - Still just about the only BEP Mini on NMS?? ;):D

Other hobbies.. hmmm.. PC gaming - CounterStrike and Quakewars..
And PGR 3 and 4 on t'XBox :D:cool:.. Visits to knockhill, Crail etc.. anything else car related! :D

euan
14th November 2007, 11:22 AM
Hmm, having been on here for 2 years without actually owning a mini I'm either sad or obsessed...

Other hobbies - play a lot of squash, badminton, go to the gym - all of which have been placed on hold due to the current obsession - wedding planning!

V11kae
14th November 2007, 03:09 PM
glad its gone

not meaning to sound cheeky, but why you here? :confused: rather new and confused! :)

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 03:13 PM
Used to have a mini ;)

V11kae
14th November 2007, 03:16 PM
Get you now, I see. Obviously the chit chat must be not too bad for you to still hang around! This is my first forum I've stuck to for more than 1 week! :D

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 03:18 PM
Never a dull moment, especially with me around :rolleyes:

ps: medal is in the post btw :D

V11kae
14th November 2007, 03:29 PM
Never a dull moment, especially with me around :rolleyes:

ps: medal is in the post btw :D

and yours too ye cheeky monkey

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 03:30 PM
Another for the collection :o

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2007, 04:01 PM
Drifting a bit off-topic folks

A.;)

Big Gordy
14th November 2007, 04:10 PM
Sweeney's trying to get all his "moves" in on one post:rolleyes: ;) :D

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 04:16 PM
Haha nah, shes too old fir me :rolleyes:, moves pff... the cheek

anyhoo, not to annoy andy p/others, :p hobbies? :D

ianking
14th November 2007, 04:24 PM
My minis are my main hobby, driving them, cleaning them, buying bits for them.

My other hobby is a bit strange, I restore old household electrical appliances. Stuff that goes back to the 1920's and as modern as the early 80's now. Big market on eBay for this kind of stuff.

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 04:25 PM
Didnt realise that ian, what sort of stuff you working on at the mo?

ianking
14th November 2007, 04:33 PM
Well my great uncle used to be the Hoover, Kenwood, Phillips, Goblin and Magimix agent for Midlothian, he is 79 and still works in his shop for a 1/2 day during the weeks, really as his shop is his hobby. I used to help him in the workshop from when I was about 8 years old up until I finished high school.
He had a unit full of old appliances and we were going to bin them until I was brousing eBay for similar items. We realised that alot of folk are collecting them. I took it upon myselk to start restoring them and selling them on eBay. I get all the money as well as my uncle isnt really interested. That started about 5 years ago and it has just grown from there. Now if I see something that I know is rare at a charity shop or the like I snap it up, restore it and put it on eBay.
The biggest suprise I got was when I restored a 1930's Hoover upright and got £300 on eBay from an Australian electrical museum place for it.

Bazthemod
14th November 2007, 04:34 PM
Mini's are def my hobby!

Own a classic and a BINI :eek::p:D

Love getting my hands dirty with the classic Mini, learnt alot from it and have scars to prove it :rolleyes: plan to stop modding my BINI and spend more time on the classic next year.

Other hobbies include....

Model Railways (not as sad as it sounds haha)
Classic Cars in general
Photopgraphy
Graphic Design (more work than hobby)
Proper Car Detailing, cant stand dirty motors!! :D

RyanK
14th November 2007, 04:40 PM
Proper Car Detailing, cant stand dirty motors!! :D

Great Hobby!...Great way for me motor to get the swirl marks out when im in dundee :D :p

monkimagic
14th November 2007, 08:08 PM
Bikes, road riding, photography and looking seriously at bike racing but not my Mini :o , My Mini is my car..I do enjoy this forum though, someone earlier said it was the 1st they had been on for more than a week. I see why, the banter has always been good.

stoney
14th November 2007, 08:23 PM
my mini is my hobbie :D :D for def as it is just a toy :eek: as i have work van for the rest of the time dont do much elce as saveing for a wedding :D

Big Gordy
14th November 2007, 11:02 PM
someone earlier said it was the 1st they had been on for more than a week. I see why, the banter has always been good.

I went onto an Audi forum and lasted about 2 days:eek: It was just, how shall I put this, erm................ohh I know BORING :D

Sheilz
15th November 2007, 01:14 AM
Mine's not a hobby as such, but my other half has been well warned -"DINNA MAK' ME CHOOSE, YE WIDNA LIKE IT" :p:D:D I just love my car, he's a workhorse car but he's mine and a very important member of the family.
Hobbies? Staying alive, photography (playing at it really) and walking backwards to stop myself getting ower the brow o' the hill! Love reading anything and 'athing and spending weekends with the two bairns (specy and Catriona) down at Lunan helping her add to her shell collection and hunting for treasure with her metal detector. We havent found as much as a 50p yet but we're optimistic in this neck o' the woods.

s12cot
15th November 2007, 09:31 AM
The MINI is not really a hobbie, but i do like to keep it clean and spend time waxing it etc, my hobbies are Rugby - play for Arbroath RFC, go to the gym twice a day, running a property development company, reading - connely, grisham, harry potter - kicks ass, but mostly crime or legal books, cooking, wine, whisky, beer hmmmm beer....

Bazthemod
15th November 2007, 10:55 AM
Great Hobby!...Great way for me motor to get the swirl marks out when im in dundee :D :p

Your brave! :D:D.... you need to get here first haha ;)