PDA

View Full Version : Junior's new wheels

Big Gordy
13th November 2007, 12:49 PM
Junior has been treating himself:eek: :cool:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/MGZS180-02.jpg

An MG ZS 180.......2.5l V6......sweeeeeeeeeeeeet but a bit thirsty:rolleyes: :D

Burple
13th November 2007, 02:36 PM
The Parents' next door neighbour has one of these... the slightly older one without the nive slats on the side..
He's binned the cat, got a new exhaust.. and it's pretty blummin rapid.

Was talking to him the other week about the possibilities for a remap and the like, and they can chuck out some mental power figures with the right work done! :eek::eek::D:cool:

(not a bad lookin' motor for a Rover 45;);):p)

Big Gordy
13th November 2007, 02:56 PM
Yes Ross is talking about installing a 'Sounds of Silence' twin exhausts system and a cold air feed coming from down in the nearside front wing as his next mods :rolleyes: :D
Our neighbours son has the Mk1 version, like the one you mention, but he's in the fortunate position of working beside Andrew Morrison who raced a V6 powered ZR (rover 25:rolleyes: ) before he moved onto his Seat. So a few of Andrew's 'left over' bits shall we say have found there way onto his road car:eek: Goes like stink and pops and bags on the over-run.....lurvly:D

MartinSullivan
13th November 2007, 05:30 PM

Jeez, no wonder he let me pay for lunch ;)

sh@z
13th November 2007, 06:30 PM
Looks good :) plans for upgrades already in the works eh ;)

zimbo
13th November 2007, 07:25 PM
Nice car Ross, same colour as your ZR you had as well I see.. So how old is the car then?

Road tax next year will be a joke if I remember correctly, the government are really spoiling this countries car loving community with all this rediculous increases in road tax and also on petrol & diesel. You just cant afford to have any fun these days :mad: for me its enough to make me even contemplate leaving to go and live in Oz or the US

Maxxed Ross
13th November 2007, 08:59 PM
The Parents' next door neighbour has one of these... the slightly older one without the nive slats on the side..
He's binned the cat, got a new exhaust.. and it's pretty blummin rapid.

get him to sign up to www.themgzs.co.uk, it's a great site for all ZS owners... remember to tell him to put Maxxed_Ross are the referrer so i get a nice members point! :D

Jeez, no wonder he let me pay for lunch ;)

It was your idea after all, I didn't even get a chance to offer :p

Looks good :) plans for upgrades already in the works eh ;)

I keeping with tradition... it would be wrong not to

Nice car Ross, same colour as your ZR you had as well I see.. So how old is the car then?

Road tax next year will be a joke if I remember correctly,

cheers man, yeah it's the same colour... that was one of the big selling points. It's a 54 plate but was produced Jan 05, so just 6 months older than the ZR was and had less miles! It's an ex Longbridge plant demo car

The new tax laws only affect cars reg after 07 plate I think, so I should avoid the really crazy tax

The Dogfather
13th November 2007, 09:22 PM
Nope, I'm pretty sure the tax hits all cars with the CO2 bands. BTW the wheels look identical to the ones on my MX5

sedgie
13th November 2007, 09:24 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice:D

niknax
14th November 2007, 12:39 AM
woooo...not seen one like that before ;) wheels look the biz :)

Maxxed Ross
23rd November 2007, 12:19 PM
Nope, I'm pretty sure the tax hits all cars with the CO2 bands. BTW the wheels look identical to the ones on my MX5

just got the renewal form through, £205 for a year.... that's not too bad :rolleyes:

illegalhunter
23rd November 2007, 08:47 PM
thems nice wheels

The Dogfather
23rd November 2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.mazdamx5.co.uk/images/side1.jpg

These are the MX5 wheels, are yours 17"? To me they look near identical.

The Dogfather
23rd November 2007, 09:11 PM
Oops, I take that back noticed that yours have 4 studs. Is that tax band F? Both the MX5 and my 3.0V6 Diesel are in that band (ouch)

JCWmini
23rd November 2007, 10:59 PM

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/General%20Mini%20Stuff/MGZS180-02.jpg

An MG ZS 180.......2.5l V6......sweeeeeeeeeeeeet but a bit thirsty:rolleyes: :D

Car looks great, always liked them, great value on the second hand market.

Engines sounds great with decent pipes. :cool:

AeroJonny
24th November 2007, 05:59 AM
Gordy and Ross...how do you guys mark your tyres to get the logos in white?

Big Gordy
24th November 2007, 10:05 AM
Ross bought one of those tyre lettering pen things out of Halfrauds :D Lasts not to bad as long as you stay away from the kerbs:eek:
I actually have a pot of white vulcanised rubber that my grandfather had to paint his white sideways with in the 40's which works really well but is a bit labour intensive as you have to paint it on with a small brush. It lasts a lot longer than the paint stick tho;):D

zimbo
24th November 2007, 04:06 PM
White lettered tyres... Mmmm that takes me back!!:D been having a hankering for doing that, BUT not to sure how it would look on my baby. :confused::rolleyes:

Maxxed Ross
28th November 2007, 08:34 PM
We're on a two car mission to make it popular again lol. Only really works if you have decent tyres though

AeroJonny
29th November 2007, 03:04 AM
Looks like a trip to halfrauds is on the cards ;)

Ta muchly

s12cot
29th November 2007, 09:15 AM
VB wheres the photo taken??

Maxxed Ross
29th November 2007, 05:07 PM
the back paddock at Knockhill, behind the hairpin

s12cot
29th November 2007, 05:23 PM
the back paddock at Knockhill, behind the hairpin

yes i know that - i was meaning the photos of VB's car - trying to find out what rugby pitch it is??

The Dogfather
29th November 2007, 05:43 PM
yes i know that - i was meaning the photos of VB's car - trying to find out what rugby pitch it is??

Don't know mate, that's not my car :o I just needed a photo to show the wheels..........

I've yet to take any photo's of the MX5

euan
29th November 2007, 06:08 PM
Don't know mate, that's not my car :o I just needed a photo to show the wheels..........

I've yet to take any photo's of the MX5

Too busy sorting your hair out? :D:D:D