PDA

View Full Version : JCW 105's Alloy Repair

Bazthemod
12th November 2007, 04:46 PM
Very pissed off, kerbed my alloy doing a favour for someone always the bloody same.

Can my JCW alloys be repaired, remember someone saying they cant be refurbished, anyone know for sure or recommend a company?

cheers

The Dogfather
12th November 2007, 04:50 PM
SEM in Sunderland, supposed to be the best in the UK.

illegalhunter
12th November 2007, 04:56 PM
powder tec in Glasgow are the muts

AndyP & Lenore
12th November 2007, 05:20 PM
Rimtek in the Borders also very very very good. And I think they go up to Edinburgh area if that helps.

A.

Bazthemod
12th November 2007, 05:23 PM
few companies to try then thanks guys, im about to put winter wheels on, wish i had put them on earlier!!

If i send the alloy by courier is that the normal process?

cheers again

Ivano
12th November 2007, 07:39 PM
Very pissed off, kerbed my alloy doing a favour for someone always the bloody same.

Can my JCW alloys be repaired, remember someone saying they cant be refurbished, anyone know for sure or recommend a company?

cheers

Would be a good idea to try and get refurbed as i had a kerb mark and i was getting the white marks and bubbling under the surface branching out from around that area over time... I had mine replaced under warranty as per previous post due to the fact that all my wheels were doing this even though the others had no damage... These alloys are a bit different given there polished surface so not sure if a special process would be required. Not really up on Refurbed wheels....

FergusM
12th November 2007, 07:57 PM
I had a BMW 330Ci with polished rim that was re-furbished... it consisted of them snading away the kerb'd bit and putting some laquer on top. They could not build it out to the original "height" as it could not be hidden under paint.

It looked ok...but was always obvious that it had been done.

zimbo
12th November 2007, 08:09 PM
Baz try COATECH in Carnoustie, thats where I got my other wheels done. As you go into Carnoustie from Dundee/Monifieth as you come into Carnoustie at the sharp left then right bend it's just a little bit past that on the right hand side.

johnsop1
12th November 2007, 11:58 PM
Hi Andy - where are Rimtek? Need my alloys done!

Paul

sh@z
13th November 2007, 12:35 AM
Rimtek in the Borders also very very very good. And I think they go up to Edinburgh area if that helps.

A.

Got my wheels refurbed by the chap from Rimtek, he's a very hard man to get a hold of but i managed to track him down and drop off the wheel at a garage he is regularly at 2 days a week and he sorted the wheel 110%, cant even tell where the scuff was and anyone who's seen my wheels knows its a pretty hard colour to match, plus the shame of the lip is pretty awkward. I'd highly recommend Rimtek.

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2007, 12:49 AM
Hi Andy - where are Rimtek? Need my alloys done!

Paul

Hi Paul.

Like Sh@z says, the Rimtek guy is very difficult to get hold of, but once he gets your wheel you will never see the marks.:)

And I agree with you, when I parked up next to you in Dalkeith Tesco's I could help but shed a tear for those well battered lovely alloys.:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Rimtek are on 07801952406. ;)

A.;)

AeroJonny
13th November 2007, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure if powdertec can do the R105s because they're polished. I seem to recall a friend with polished M3 alloys having to send his down to the place in Sunderland. Might be an idea to ask on an M3 forum.