PDA

View Full Version : More info on R56 Cooper S JCW "Stage II"

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2007, 02:06 AM
On Motoring File. (http://www.motoringfile.com/2007/11/08/mf-exclusive-2009-factory-jcw-mini-revealed/) TBH, it's still lots of suppositions and guesswork, but interesting to read all the same.

And I know Jason will be interested as Lesly has promised he can have one when it's released.:D :eek: :o

A.:D

N12 JLK
10th November 2007, 09:19 PM
Sounds good, wonder how much it will be.
Lesley wanted a clubman today but she had to wake up to a big no:D
JCW next year, oh have to go she's coming into the livingroom and I dont want a slap

ELFMAN
11th November 2007, 10:10 PM
Bet the 'Optimised Turbocharger' will add an extra '0' to the end of the price........

Power figures are 'interesting'. The standard S on long-term 'Evo' mag test registered 205bhp/230torques on its first two runs on a rolling road, it then 'settled down' to 175/192......... Tester reckoned his 'cooking' S felt just as quick as the 'Works' one, which is why they 'Roaded' it. They put the figures down to the overboost kicking in on the first runs.......

I'd love to see a 'back-to-back' Road/Roller test between the two, as there are so many conflicting power quotes kicking around for the R56.......

Saw a lovely S Clubman today at dealer (met paint 17" web alloys etc etc) - then saw the lovely price... £24.5K. No thanks.

V11kae
12th November 2007, 02:34 PM
I was at a rolling Road Saturday there Dastek, Dalgety Bay and Put my R56 JCW Cooper S on there, as soon as I get a chance to scan the results I will get them on here for you all to see. but short of it is 204.9 bhp with 206 torque.

Sweeney
12th November 2007, 02:37 PM
Ah so your that Vicky lol :o Also to note that an r53 works 200kit only got 189 bhp and was down a bit on torque and that peak power arrived at lowers revs than stated

AndyP & Lenore
12th November 2007, 04:09 PM
I was at a rolling Road Saturday there Dastek, Dalgety Bay and Put my R56 JCW Cooper S on there, as soon as I get a chance to scan the results I will get them on here for you all to see. but short of it is 204.9 bhp with 206 torque.

That certainly gels with how ours feels now. Good figures.:D

A.;)

ianking
12th November 2007, 05:15 PM
I got 191 bhp with my standard R56 S when it only had 600 miles on it. Cant remember the torks but have the sheet in the house so will look it out. Add to that im also known to be a bit tight and just put any old petrol in it, none of that expensive V power or anything.
Works kit seems like alot of money for not alot of horses.

AndyP & Lenore
12th November 2007, 05:30 PM
I got 191 bhp with my standard R56 S when it only had 600 miles on it. Cant remember the torks but have the sheet in the house so will look it out. Add to that im also known to be a bit tight and just put any old petrol in it, none of that expensive V power or anything.
Works kit seems like alot of money for not alot of horses.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Takes the car from 175BHP (officially) to 206BHP (reality):confused:

That's similar performance increase to the R53 JCW Works package for a third of the cost.:D

A.;)

V11kae
12th November 2007, 05:47 PM
Ah so your that Vicky lol :o Also to note that an r53 works 200kit only got 189 bhp and was down a bit on torque and that peak power arrived at lowers revs than stated

Hey Sweeney, were you there on Saturday? Did we meet? :)

Sweeney
12th November 2007, 05:51 PM
Haha no, you'd remember me if we did :o

i just saw vicky and cooper s works being mentioned and thought hmm whos that :D

V11kae
12th November 2007, 11:20 PM
Haha no, you'd remember me if we did :o

i just saw vicky and cooper s works being mentioned and thought hmm whos that :D

ahh, I was curious how you knew of the R53 that was there though :p

Sweeney
13th November 2007, 08:33 AM
Aye paul, spoke to him a few times, his puntos nice. Although he thought he'd bought a 210 so wasnt that gutted at figures after all once i told him it was just a 200 ;) :p

V11kae
13th November 2007, 11:17 AM
Aye paul, spoke to him a few times, his puntos nice. Although he thought he'd bought a 210 so wasnt that gutted at figures after all once i told him it was just a 200 ;) :p

First time I had met the guy, went to Dastek through a mate. I was chuffed with my results after what I was told to expect. Down fall being I always want to better my toys, how can you better perfect :p

you not going on sunday?

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2007, 11:31 AM
you not going on sunday?

He'd get lost on the way down Vikki.;)

Sweeney
13th November 2007, 11:52 AM
lol aye id get lost but thats all in the fun of things :p

Nah, im fed up with the mini, only driving when i need to at the minute lol

V11kae
13th November 2007, 03:51 PM
fed up wityh a mini? sounds liek your lost in the head! :p

Sweeney
13th November 2007, 03:58 PM
lol im lost in more ways than that :D

But aye, time to move onwards and upwards :o

V11kae
14th November 2007, 11:17 AM
lol im lost in more ways than that :D

But aye, time to move onwards and upwards :o

You sound like a greedy man! (boy?) I think I drive the best car in the world at the moment! but you cant have mine!

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 11:48 AM
lol greedy? not at all.

As for the car statement, i learnt a long time some of the worst things you can do is answer back to a woman and argue with a woman... :P

So ok, aye, if you say so :D :D

V11kae
14th November 2007, 12:21 PM
lol greedy? not at all.

As for the car statement, i learnt a long time some of the worst things you can do is answer back to a woman and argue with a woman... :P

So ok, aye, if you say so :D :D

lol, i dont argue. but my car I am right with! :p so what you possibly got your eyes on thats better than a Mini?

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 12:41 PM
Ah well saves a lot of grief then if you don't :o

See here > http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13066 :p

japper
18th November 2007, 12:07 PM

V11kae, any chance of posting the charts yet:)

V11kae
19th November 2007, 11:26 AM
V11kae, any chance of posting the charts yet:)

you know i completely forgot :o , will get my scanner out tonight for you all to see. :)

japper
19th November 2007, 01:06 PM
you know i completely forgot :o , will get my scanner out tonight for you all to see. :)

There's nothing like a good scanner:p

V11kae
20th November 2007, 12:01 AM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/V11kae/Scan1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/V11kae/Scan10002.jpg

:D :) :cool:

Big Gordy
20th November 2007, 12:06 AM
Aww come on V11kae:eek: the last ones squint and the wrong way round:rolleyes::p:D

AndyP & Lenore
20th November 2007, 12:30 AM
Here's a question for anyone in the know....

Is BHP normally quoted at the engine? Or at the wheels? E.G. When Clarkson is banging on about the latest Ferrari being 450 BHP is that the engine BHP or the Wheels BHP?

And equally so, MINI's quoted 192BHP for the R56 JCW upgrade... is that at the engine or the wheels?

A.:confused:

Sweeney
20th November 2007, 08:11 AM
All quoted figures are that of engine power (at the flywheel) Theres lots to consider about power outputs from dyno tests so much affects the results

japper
20th November 2007, 09:40 AM
Great charts V11kae, and they look very like what MINI quote with the torque curve.

Good to see that the Works kit 'flattens' out the horrid power dip at 3k rpm. This backs up how it feels on the road.

Also it's great to see the difference in the two power runs. The second one obviously activated the 'overboost' feature. Which obvoiusly does not increase outright top end power result.

V11kae
20th November 2007, 12:34 PM
Aww come on V11kae:eek: the last ones squint and the wrong way round:rolleyes::p:D

:mad: scanning is not my specialty! :p squints better than nothing! :D

(damn pernikity mini Drivers!)

Jappers, understand quite a bit but I am blonde lol:eek: :confused: :cool:

japper
20th November 2007, 12:51 PM
:mad: scanning is not my specialty! :p squints better than nothing! :D

(damn pernikity mini Drivers!)

Jappers, understand quite a bit but I am blonde lol:eek: :confused: :cool:

Looking at it again.

The drivetrain losses are only around 8%..............that's got to be wrong. I would expect around 13%.

This though would mean MORE power at the crank !

Come on pro's, enlighten us dummies.