PDA

View Full Version : What a damned shame to do this to a car!

monkimagic
9th November 2007, 06:26 PM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00376/SNN2319a682_376850a.jpg

GETAWAY drivers and speeders start panicking now – the police have got a 150mph Lotus Exige.
Sergeant Paul Masterton shows off the gleaming £35,000 beast which can hit 60mph in 4.1 seconds.

zimbo
9th November 2007, 07:41 PM
:D Ha ha, that would be quality watching them trying to get someone...

Sure I saw a pic or article a while back about the police having CBR1000s etc and also some R1s. Now that would be unbelievable, you aint getting away from them!!! :p

illegalhunter
9th November 2007, 09:09 PM
hope he crashes

duncan
10th November 2007, 12:18 AM
hope he crashes
I bet he wishes you a merry christmas too.

bsimage
10th November 2007, 01:00 AM
No Way that ***** will fit in that Car :) :cool:

AeroJonny
10th November 2007, 01:41 AM
wow...really constructive.

The thing with the exige is that over 100mph it really struggles to keep up with more powerful cars, so I'm not sure how effective it will really be. Also, it won't take much damage for it to be termed a write off...so how long will it last?

Is this one of those promotional things the police do from time to time to show that they mean business when in fact the car doesn't actually go into service. For instance, where will all the equipment a traffic police car requires fit?

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2007, 01:50 AM
No Way that ***** will fit in that Car :) :cool:

What an incredibly offensive comment to make about a trained professional.

A.:confused:

The Dogfather
11th November 2007, 06:25 PM
Have to agree with you Andy, I think the Police do a good job, and if I'm stupid enough to get done speeding by a copper I won't complain. However, the speed camera people they're a bunch of fcukwits.

I saw a police bike on the way home, it was a big sports bike rather than the big BMW Touring bike. Surprised me as it was really low key, I'll have to watch my speed when there's a bike behind me in future.

Sweeney
11th November 2007, 06:50 PM
As far as i know it was a PR stunt, along the same lines as the Lambo and italian police.

AeroJonny
11th November 2007, 07:39 PM
As far as i know it was a PR stunt, along the same lines as the Lambo and italian police.

yeah, that's what i thought.

Sweeney
11th November 2007, 07:40 PM
Fastest cars in service are the unmarked scoobies down south, 260bhp i believe. I may be wrong though

RyanK
11th November 2007, 07:48 PM
What an incredibly offensive comment to make about a trained professional.

A.:confused:

True though. They guys about the lenght of the thing:D ... and hes slouchin!

Craig
12th November 2007, 10:31 AM
unmarked motorbikes are the worse... and they have cameras on them recording what your doing... you just don't know

so if you think you are "racing" a bike for fun, it might just be your local copper recording you... ;)

best to keep to "national speed limits" like on Bonnies Manky Thrash.. :) ;)

Gismo
12th November 2007, 10:41 AM
best to keep to "national speed limits" like on Bonnies Manky Thrash.. :) ;)
Excellent advice :rolleyes: ;)

s12cot
12th November 2007, 09:40 PM
Have to agree with you Andy, I think the Police do a good job, and if I'm stupid enough to get done speeding by a copper I won't complain. However, the speed camera people they're a bunch of fcukwits.

I saw a police bike on the way home, it was a big sports bike rather than the big BMW Touring bike. Surprised me as it was really low key, I'll have to watch my speed when there's a bike behind me in future.

agree with you and andy, Police do a hard job and having a couple of friends in the force along with a meber of family from my wifes side understand the difficult position job they do, how ever speed camera people are tossers