PDA

View Full Version : Trading a MINI for a 320D....

AndyP & Lenore
9th November 2007, 12:54 AM
Not us.:eek: Good lord.:eek: I'm shocked you'd even think that.:rolleyes:

But while ours was in getting the JCW kit put on over the past two days we had a 320d M Sport for a courtesy car. Very nice indeed. We weren't keen on the seats, found them uncomfortable and it was a manual transmission, which we're no fans of. But the car was very gutsy, cornered like it was on rails (bordering on it being better than our R56!) and was built very solidly. A mate and I hired a Merc C class a year or so ago, and it was pants. Gutless, cheap, plasticky, very disappointing. But I can see why some folk on here are trading their MINI's in for 320D's - the 40mpg helps.

Lenore still thinks you're all nuts, but then she's even more nutty than me about MINI ownership.:D

I know you're all gonna say: "Enough about that, what about the JCW?" And TBH, we drove home in rush hour and it was dark, so didn't get a chance to give the car a real going over. But a full report will follow - watch this space.

A.:D

euan
9th November 2007, 09:42 AM

But while ours was in getting the JCW kit put on over the past two days we had a 320d M Sport for a courtesy car. Very nice indeed. We weren't keen on the seats, found them uncomfortable and it was a manual transmission, which we're no fans of. But the car was very gutsy, cornered like it was on rails (bordering on it being better than our R56!) and was built very solidly. A mate and I hired a Merc C class a year or so ago, and it was pants. Gutless, cheap, plasticky, very disappointing. But I can see why some folk on here are trading their MINI's in for 320D's - the 40mpg helps.

Lenore still thinks you're all nuts, but then she's even more nutty than me about MINI ownership.:D

I know you're all gonna say: "Enough about that, what about the JCW?" And TBH, we drove home in rush hour and it was dark, so didn't get a chance to give the car a real going over. But a full report will follow - watch this space.

The one thing people don't say is that the 320Ds have a tendency for the turbo's to go...

But yes, good cars. I'd be interested to compare it to the latest C class that came out a couple of months ago.

Mini Ecosse
9th November 2007, 12:12 PM
Test drive in new C class 320 diesel at weekend. 7 speed auto. We found it a superb car, performance and handling great.
Petty we can't afford one :(

Should have mentioned that it was the sport model.

alanm73
11th November 2007, 01:09 AM
Try a 120D its even better than the 3

AeroJonny
11th November 2007, 01:31 AM
i've seen a 130 m sport thats in my budget...hmmmmmmmmm

Gismo
11th November 2007, 06:44 AM
i've seen a 130 m sport thats in my budget...hmmmmmmmmm
I could be very tempted to trade in my S for one of those, just need to see it in the flesh :rolleyes:

zimbo
11th November 2007, 10:53 AM
Well if I remember correctly the 1 Series Coupe' gets launched on the 24th of this month and I for one will be going to have a nosey @ it and try to get a road test in 123D or something with some ooomph. :D

I've never liked the original 1 series, but this coupe' version looks pretty good in pics so the car in the flesh should be really nice, I hope!! :p

Gismo
12th November 2007, 05:35 AM
Well if I remember correctly the 1 Series Coupe' gets launched on the 24th of this month and I for one will be going to have a nosey @ it and try to get a road test in 123D or something with some ooomph. :D
Get behind me in the queue young un :rolleyes:

Coop
16th November 2007, 06:55 PM

Not that shocking - I know someone that has just traded his MINI for a 320D M Sport.....

Moonshine
16th November 2007, 07:11 PM
Try a 120D its even better than the 3

thats what i did, I paid £17.5k for mine in Dec last year (pre-reg, with 3 13miles on it), and it is really nice.... 25k miles this year in it without a problem. Its that bit more grown up than the mini...motorway miles and long drives are a piece of cake and really relaxing.... i'd recommend the Sports seats and definately the Professional headunit over the standard business unit, otherwise otherwise nothing but praise for it.

the 123d will be a hoot!:)

Gerry

V11kae
16th November 2007, 09:16 PM
The brochures are now in for the 1 series coupe convertible, you should all have a swatch there too!

Gismo
16th November 2007, 09:57 PM
The brochures are now in for the 1 series coupe convertible, you should all have a swatch there too!
Will be going to JC's on launch day, just for a lookie you understand :)

Craig
16th November 2007, 10:08 PM
Will be going to JC's on launch day, just for a lookie you understand :)

aye right... does Julie know... :eek: ;) :D

Gismo
16th November 2007, 10:09 PM
aye right... does Julie know... :eek: ;) :D
SSshhhhh :p

Scottie
16th November 2007, 10:27 PM
I am taking a wee trip to Eastern tomorrow.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :cool: but not about a Coupe.!!

Gorbash12346
16th November 2007, 11:41 PM
really not a fan of the 1 series imo the interior is cramped and cheap feeling (imo like i said) the new 3 series m sports are lovely though theres going to be so many of them on the road...:rolleyes:

the newer 320d's haven't been too bad on turbo's so far... though only time will tell

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2007, 02:28 AM

Just had a wee looky at the 1 series convertible on BMW's web site, and on Google Images.

Just 3 simple words really.

I WANT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

The Dogfather
17th November 2007, 04:39 AM
I WANT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Whereas, peoples first reaction when they saw the 1 series 5 door was: -

I WANT, a bucket Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrllllllllllllllllll!!!!!! !!

Man, the 1 Series hatch is pugly.

V11kae
17th November 2007, 10:10 AM
Shame the convertible hasnt been set a launch date!