9th November 2007, 02:04 PM
Brilliant video.

monkimagic
9th November 2007, 05:58 PM
7 mins and 20 odd seconnds on the ring....damn

The Bull
9th November 2007, 09:36 PM
Here's what the BMW boys can do.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qidf_bmw-m3-gtr-nurburgring-nordschleife_auto

weefossy
10th November 2007, 08:09 PM
Euan, it is great fun.....but scary. I did sub 9 mins in a GT2s as a passenger
Also did a circuit in the official BMW M5 taxi which was different class.
When I drove it, I was so aware of other cars / motorbikes / campervans and the fear of wrecking Neil's car (type R) that I felt too much pressure to really enjoy it. With it's high reving engine, the type R is a great car to go round in.
There are a lot of accidents out on the track and our group, 5 cars and 8 people, were really lucky to survive the 4 days without any incidents.
I would love to go back with my own mini someday.

zimbo
10th November 2007, 08:20 PM
I would love to go back with my own mini someday.....

NMS trip to the RING anyone? :p:D:cool:

Wouldnt mind doing this sometime either in my car I have @ that time or on a motorcycle assuming I have one @ the time... :D

Sweeney
10th November 2007, 08:23 PM
since ive been a member, this has been mentioned quite a few times... Nothing ever comes out of it though :p

weefossy
10th November 2007, 08:40 PM
Going as a group is a difficult one! Every time one of our group went out on the track I felt concerned. If I had organised it, I would have felt too much responsibilty. The last thing you want, is to be the least bit competitive.

Maybe I'm just an old woman, but there are a lot of shunts, large and small, many of which are outwith your own control. It gets very busy.
There are also plenty of UK insurance accessors with very good cameras over there to record every shunt.