PDA

View Full Version : Locking Wheel Nuts

euan
20th February 2004, 06:58 PM
Anyone know anything about new wheel nuts?

I've been looking about and seen the McGard Locking ones - anyone seen these? A quick read about on some other forums and they seem decent?

Cheers,
Euan.

GAJ
20th February 2004, 07:26 PM
They seem to be about the best about. They seem to win most of the magazine tests and stuff. I was tempted to buy some the other day but was too tight to part with the £29.99! I'm still swithering though.

Big Gordy
20th February 2004, 08:58 PM
I've got a set on 'Mutley' :approve: Got them from Halfrauds. About 30 quid. Good quality and they say they are all unique with na twa the same :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
20th February 2004, 09:00 PM
Oooooops forgot to mention that they come in a kind of coppery gold colour which makes them look a bit odd next to the factory black or silver ones :p:D:approve:

euan
20th February 2004, 09:49 PM
I've bought a set of silver ones, get them next week, so will see how they are!

Julz
20th February 2004, 10:18 PM
I think I've got a set of silver ones in a cupboard that came with my alloys, should maybe think about selling them!!!:approve: (kept the black ones that were on before as they go better with the alloys!!!)

euan
20th February 2004, 10:50 PM
It's been something I've been meaning to sort out for a while, just never got round to it. But I'm about to move house and the car will be a bit more exposed so I've kind of been forced into it a bit more. However, I just can't help feeling that if the wheels dont come off then any thief would just nick the car.

A guy in our office had a Boxter, until somebody broke into his house in the middle of the night, nicked the keys and drove off. Scary....

Big Gordy
20th February 2004, 11:55 PM
Ehhhhhhhhhh I got it wrong dad :I It's the other way round 8) The standard ones are coppery gold and the locking ones are silver DOH :p:D:approve:

Gismo
21st February 2004, 04:33 AM
I've got 2 sets of locking bolts on my car :evil: the factory MINI ones and the McGard's as supplied with the alloys :cool:
In this era of "I can take what I want and not be punished" makes me ultra cautious :evil: