PDA

View Full Version : A few centimetres makes all the difference

The Dogfather
5th November 2007, 10:42 PM
Well got your attention didn't it? My MX5 has just been lowered 3cm all round by Mazda, this brings it back inline with the original design. All EU MX5s were fitted with taller springs (30mm extra) to allow them to pass the Pedestrian Impact Regs.

The car is so much better its untrue, before it did have a tendency to wallow and roll, although it handled brilliantly. Now it corners flatter than Keira Knightley's chest and the steering is a tight as Britney's catsuit. :D:D It looks great as well, the 4x4 stance has now gone. £300 well spent.

I'm getting used to the car now and I have to be honest I haven't found the limit in the dry yet. The car has thrown up a couple of surprises, driven enthusiastically the car has return 35mpg over 700 miles and I thought it seemed quicker than the figures suggested. I managed to track down a couple of road tests both of which indicated the car to be nearly a second quicker to 60 than Mazda's figures suggested. I think MINI did something similar with the R56.

Turns out the 5 is a bit of a modders dream www.mx5parts.co.uk (http://www.mx5parts.co.uk) seem t have everything I could possibly want. I managed to get an Ipod adaptor for £70 and it arrived in a day!

If anyone is considering changing their car and only need two seats then you should seriously consider the Mk3 MX5.

duncan
5th November 2007, 10:51 PM
Hope you don't hit a pedestrian :rolleyes:

Gismo
6th November 2007, 04:07 AM
All joking aside mate, fingers crossed you never have an accident, but, the way insurance companies are they will wriggle out of any claim if they can, hard to prove etc, but, have you informed your insurance company

john
6th November 2007, 07:28 AM
If anyone is considering changing their car and don't need two seats then you should seriously consider the Mk3 MX5.

:eek: You dont have seats!!:eek:

The Dogfather
6th November 2007, 07:40 AM
I told my insurance company, the moment I got home. Its a dealer fit option so a Mazda approved part.

My insurance company said no to mods with my MINI but they've changed their policy only Nitrous is a no no.

The Dogfather
6th November 2007, 07:42 AM

John, what are you talking about? ;)

john
6th November 2007, 07:45 AM
John, well spotted I must have been half asleep. ;)

No worries I am here to help:D

The Dogfather
6th November 2007, 07:47 AM

No worries I am here to help:D

Isn't it past your bedtime?

john
6th November 2007, 07:48 AM
Isn't it past your bedtime?

its the middle of the afternoon:o

The Dogfather
6th November 2007, 08:05 AM