PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of a house name

N12 JLK
4th November 2007, 09:30 PM
Help! My sister has bought a house called "moreng." I have looked it up on google and other sites to find out the meaning and/or origin, however, it just comes up as a surname.

Does anyone know a web site that would help us find out what this strange word means??

Ta, Lesley

john
5th November 2007, 12:29 AM
No..................:D

Burple
5th November 2007, 11:26 AM
It could just be a made up name..

One of our old neighbours had a weird sounding house name. Turns out they'd just used the first few characters of each of their childrens' names, and made a word out of them... :o:D

Her best bet might be to conatact someone from the family who sold her the house to see if they can help..

Good luck!

Gordons_cooper_wrks
8th November 2007, 10:00 PM
my mum and dads house is called hillcrest. suposidly its because it on the crest of a hill (which it is). Years and years ago it suposidly didnt have a number and all post was just addressed to hillcrest, law. So mabey house names were used a long time ago as your address. :confused:

N12 JLK
9th November 2007, 11:38 PM
It could just be a made up name..

One of our old neighbours had a weird sounding house name. Turns out they'd just used the first few characters of each of their childrens' names, and made a word out of them... :o:D

Her best bet might be to conatact someone from the family who sold her the house to see if they can help..

Good luck!

she has passed away:( Think it might be made up.