PDA

View Full Version : New Car? :o

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 01:55 PM
As others have posted informing everyone of their car news, i thought i may as well ;)

Mini will be gone around about xmas and new car taking its place :D

Craig
4th November 2007, 03:01 PM
and......?

you cannae just say that and not tell us what it is, or have to lost where the garage is you were buying it from and can't remember how to get back there ?
:D :D

Another MINI ?

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 03:42 PM
Aha but i deliberatly didnt say what car :P

Of course not another mini god, dont be daft ;)

Bought it from a Verve garage, found it nae bother, will be able to find it nae bother in future as well :o

White, 3dr golf gti 30th anniversary special edition with the dsg and paddleshift, few extras as well (1 of only 1500 :p)

Will look just like this:
http://uk-mkivs.net/photos/peterhope/images/844411/500x339.aspx

AndyP & Lenore
4th November 2007, 03:57 PM
Very nice Sweeney.:D :D

But.... WHITE? Please not in white.:eek:

A.:D

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 04:00 PM
Me being as fussy a barsteward as i am, it had to be.
The red is too light and very prone to fading (they have some brilliant red tones in their collection but not available for golf :()

Silver is just too, salesrepmobile like :o and blue looks odd. Black, god even more reason for me not to use the car incase i get a hairline scratch lol... I like white though, looks good ;)

Scottie
4th November 2007, 05:32 PM
I like the white looks good.:D :cool:

Is it all leather inside or is it checked seats. I prefer the checked seats.

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 05:34 PM
The interlagos checks are cloth, the rest of the seats are leather and i think my door cards etc will be leather lined as well, wasn't too fussed about that though.

The seats took convincing on me but they are really nice in the flesh

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/hirezpics/gti_ed_30_03.jpg nice big pic of the interior

The Dogfather
4th November 2007, 05:54 PM
Hi and welcome to www.IOnceOwnedaNewMINIScotland.co.uk (http://www.IOnceOwnedaNewMINIScotland.co.uk) :D

Did Calum ever get rid of his Golf BTW?

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 05:56 PM
Indeed, a few dozen or so should be members there already ;)

Don't know if he did, probably? :o

Scottie
4th November 2007, 05:58 PM
The interlagos checks are cloth, the rest of the seats are leather and i think my door cards etc will be leather lined as well, wasn't too fussed about that though.

The seats took convincing on me but they are really nice in the flesh

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/hirezpics/gti_ed_30_03.jpg nice big pic of the interior

that's the interior I like however your really have to be slim to fit in as I found out.;) TBH even Allan found them tighter than other sports seats and he aint' fat.;) The Focus STi on the other hand had very comfy seats.

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 06:01 PM
Really? i thought they were a bit on the wide side lol, there not tight on me at all, if anything i could do with them being a bit more snug.

Yeah i was almost putting an order in for a new focus st3 however they stop production now, as does the golf... But spending that money for something thats about to be replaced whereas the golf is a special limited edition (like the gp ;)) hmm... Thought id pass on that

Golf has a better interior and ride to it i think though

Scottie
4th November 2007, 06:15 PM
It was the R32 we sat in maybe different seats.:confused:

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 06:20 PM
Ah aye, r32 has different seats, both recaros models im sure. Very similar to the new JCW (recaro ;)) seats for the r56. Was beginning to wonder, because there was no way i was THAT slim :confused: :rolleyes:

R32:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/VolksWagenGolfR32Seats.jpg

JCW:
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/2029/JCW_Sports_Seats.JPG

illegalhunter
4th November 2007, 06:25 PM
nice choice sweeny

KenL
4th November 2007, 07:36 PM
Aha but i deliberatly didnt say what car :P

Of course not another mini god, dont be daft ;)

Bought it from a Verve garage, found it nae bother, will be able to find it nae bother in future as well :o

White, 3dr golf gti 30th anniversary special edition with the dsg and paddleshift, few extras as well (1 of only 1500 :p)

Will look just like this:
http://uk-mkivs.net/photos/peterhope/images/844411/500x339.aspx

Absolutely beautiful car, well done. :cool:

KenL
4th November 2007, 07:39 PM
Absolutely beautiful car, well done. :cool:

Since someone dissed the white, I would like to stand up for it ;)

White is a very good choice for the GTI, very classic looking. A white car is not that hard to keep clean. Hand wash it every week and you will be fine ;)

euan
4th November 2007, 07:49 PM
Lovely car. I looked at GTi's for a while but could never get one with the right spec for the right money.

I think it looks great in white too!

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 07:55 PM
Ah but you dont get that problem when speccing new build ;)

Yeah red black or white, any other colours look odd on the gti's i think.

illegalhunter
4th November 2007, 08:10 PM
i wish there was a white type r

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 08:10 PM
So did i ;), i thought the silver looked really nice

RyanK
4th November 2007, 08:25 PM
Very nice new motor Ryan, much better than the Mini!

Love VW's and the worldwide scene involved around them, i wouldn't mind one myself in a few years!

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 08:26 PM
Cheers fellow ryan :p
Indeed it is so much better than the mini :D

KenL
4th November 2007, 08:27 PM
i wish there was a white type r

Yes, they should be. The type-R was only meant to issued in white, until that Civic imposter came along :D

N12 JLK
4th November 2007, 09:34 PM
Like the white. There are not enough white cars on the road! Therefore, they stand out.

Very nice, however, you should really get another MINI:D :D

Sweeney
4th November 2007, 10:02 PM
Dont get me started on the new mini :rolleyes:

ianking
4th November 2007, 11:15 PM
Thats a nice car and I think the best colour for it as well. White is very much back in now.
I saw a new 130 M Sport in white the other day and it looked the busines as well. Seen a new shape TT in white and it was also very nice. Even spotted a new Range Rover Sport in white with huge rims.

Gismo
5th November 2007, 04:00 AM
Can't go wrong with a Gti, i'm not a fan of white but that does look nice

euan
5th November 2007, 08:25 AM
Thats a nice car and I think the best colour for it as well. White is very much back in now.
I saw a new 130 M Sport in white the other day and it looked the busines as well. Seen a new shape TT in white and it was also very nice. Even spotted a new Range Rover Sport in white with huge rims.

I passed a transporter on the M40 last week with 4 white Range Rovers on it - I mean one I can get, but 4!

130M Sport - my local dealer is running a white one as a demo and it does look good, can't help but think a 1 series will age with the white though.

The Dogfather
5th November 2007, 09:11 AM
White, the latest 'in' colour will soon be everywhere then no one will want it in 2-3 years. Graphite Grey, Silver have all been popular but are falling away but will still be popular in the long term.

The Vectra I have is drk metallic green and as a result was a grand less than an identical car in silver, green used to be very popular but now is very unfashionable.

Duncan Stewart
5th November 2007, 02:16 PM
Very nice Sweeney :cool: Enjoy your GTi and try not too miss your Mini too much ;)

Sweeney
5th November 2007, 03:29 PM
Miss the mini... what mini? ;)
Forgotten about already :rolleyes: :D

FergusM
5th November 2007, 03:38 PM
I love the white... but wife hates allll white cars...

Wonder if it is quicker than the R56 MCS's??..mmm.... bet it is better built !

Sweeney
5th November 2007, 04:58 PM
Gti 30 DSG:
Engine maximum Speed 151mph - 243km/h
Engine acceleration 0-62mph 6.6secs
Maximum output PS230 (227bhp) at RPM5200
Maximum torque 221 lbs.ft / 300 Nm at RPM2200

Cooper S:
175 hp @ 5500
140 mph top speed
0-62 mph in 7.1 s
240Nm (1600-5000rpm)
260Nm (1700-4500rpm w/ o/boost)

Cooper S JCW:
192hp @ 6000
144 mph top speed
0-62 6.8 s
250Nm (1600-5000rpm)
270Nm (1700-4500rpm w/ o/boost)

So to answer your question fergus, its a bloody close call ;) (based on the figures given that is) real world always seems to be dif. Although i have seen 6.4/6.5 done on the same car as im getting :D I have no doubt that the gti is better built though :p ;)

duncan
5th November 2007, 05:33 PM
I know the Feds are going for silver traffic cars these days, but white still looks like a panda car to me.

And not in a good way.

Other than the colour, a cracking motor. :)

The Dogfather
5th November 2007, 06:21 PM
Nice figures, but they mean nowt on the road. It's all down to the driver, the one who wants to take the bigger risk wins, the prize usually a set of flowers at the side of the road.

The way I look at it is I might be fractionally slower in the 5 compared with the Brabus, but I'll be having more fun ;)

JCWmini
5th November 2007, 06:27 PM
I have no doubt that the gti is better built though :p ;)

The R56 minis must have shocking build quality if thats the case.

I like the white, would rather have a Civic Tyre R in that size of car but the Golf is nice.

KenL
5th November 2007, 07:05 PM
Even spotted a new Range Rover Sport in white with huge rims.

That sounds boggin' :rolleyes:

Sweeney
5th November 2007, 07:18 PM
You are of course correct in your statement Vidal, as myself certainly won't be horsing it around like my ba*s are on fire. No need and quite frankly, if i dont kill myself id kill someone else.

I have picked the car because i can have plenty of fun, with plenty performance along side comfort and luxury :D

zimbo
5th November 2007, 07:45 PM
Very nice Sweeney, I think it really suits the white and yes I like white as a colour anyway, am hopeing my next car might come in white, maybe... :D

Maybe even my next bike.

Sweeney
5th November 2007, 07:51 PM
What car/bike will that be then zimbo?

zimbo
5th November 2007, 08:12 PM
Just about to put my thoughts into the general banter column/thread... :D

AndyP & Lenore
5th November 2007, 09:08 PM
Wasn't "dissing" white. Just not my favourite colour.

Regardless of my colour preferences, that's a cracking car.;)

A.;)

BJN
5th November 2007, 10:55 PM
Very nice mota, I do like it in white. I was never really a lover of white cars/bikes, but I did see a limited edition white Hayabusa and its was lovely!

Sweeney
6th November 2007, 05:26 PM
White seems to be a marmite colour by the looks of things :o, i think it looks brilliant. Can't wait :D

Aren't you replacing your mini BJN?

N12 JLK
6th November 2007, 11:03 PM
Saw one just like it tonight zooming up Hope Street in the toon.

Sounded great and I loved the white.

Lesley

Sweeney
6th November 2007, 11:08 PM
Aww damn, here was me thinking the only white one around these parts was owned by someone who worked at the dealer :(

Ah well, least its less common than a mini! :D

BJN
7th November 2007, 12:21 AM
White seems to be a marmite colour by the looks of things :o, i think it looks brilliant. Can't wait :D

Aren't you replacing your mini BJN?

Yep, my mini is going :( gonna miss it, but needs must

Sweeney
8th November 2007, 12:29 PM
You won't miss it ;)

Julz
8th November 2007, 01:54 PM
There's a guy who drops his kid off at Craigs nursery who has one of these with nicer wheels than the ones in the pic and it is a gorgeous car, he had a DS one before but it's just stunning in the white:cool: ! Always immaculate but he works at the dealers so I've no doubt it's washed near enough daily!! Mmmmm, white.... must admit it's becoming one of my fav colours just now, used to hate it but over the past few months am starting to really love it (on selected cars only!!). Hmmm, itchy feet for an R26 in Polar White..... (scurries off to dig out calculator......):cool: :D

ianking
8th November 2007, 02:07 PM
Hmmm, itchy feet for an R26 in Polar White..... (scurries off to dig out calculator......):cool: :D

Polished Bliss have just done a write up on a black R26 on detailing world. Looks amazing now that they are finished with it.

The Dogfather
8th November 2007, 02:23 PM
On the subject of white, I saw a MX5 in white today. Its a special edition, looked crap, and I usually like white.

Sweeney
11th November 2007, 04:24 PM
Thats odd, i think the mx5's are nice cars in almost any colour.

I think reds and blues look the best but white was the better of the options i had, it suits it i think so :D

Would've had it in MINI Chilli Red in a flash nae bother :p

The Dogfather
11th November 2007, 06:28 PM
I don't think red suits the new MX5 either. It only looks good in metallic colours IMO

Sweeney
11th November 2007, 06:38 PM
:eek: red is one of the best colours to get it in, or so i think :p

V11kae
14th November 2007, 01:40 PM
nice, my last car was a golf but hated it! (it was only a 2.0sdi) whereas my brother loves his. Hope you got a good deal, I know people in Verve.

Sweeney
14th November 2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah i did, so do i ;)

The Bull
16th November 2007, 01:35 AM
White is the new black apparently.

Beautiful car Sweeney. I would have that without the blink of an eye.