PDA

View Full Version : R56 'Faults' fixed !!

markyc
30th October 2007, 10:04 PM
I've no doubt that you will all know about the 'issues' the R56 has been suffering, in the main the sound of rushing water in the cabin and the horrendous 'diesel' clattering noise on start up :mad:

After the man from MINI technical visited a dealer recently and informed a customer that these 'issues' with his car were 'normal' and were 'characteristics' off the vehicle I decided to a wee bit of digging to see if this the case.

Visited a number of dealers through the Central belt only to be told that they had never had a customer come in with any of those 'problems' or yes they had heard of them and yes they were 'normal' as per advice from MINI Technical.

Last port of call was the MINI dealer in Glasgow where after speaking with the staff there if Lewis Hamilton had walked in the door wanting to order a bubblegum pink MINI One I wouldn't have been more surprised. :D :eek:

The dealer was just about to carry out a 'fix' for the 'diesel' clattering noise and were going to fix the sound of rushing water as well and yes they WERE FAULTS and how could they not be !!!!!!!!!!

The fixes were arranged after consultation and advice from MINI Technical !!!!

I gave the dealer a couple of weeks and phoned for an update. They said they had carried out the fixes and had not heard back from the customer so I took my car down to them for the same repair.

Picked the car back up about a fortnight ago and I'm 100.1% convinced that the fixes has been successfull. The day after I picked the car up I went into the garage and started the car up, it was cold weather and suspected to hear the 'diesel' noise as per normal in the cold but low and behold nothing AND no sound of rushing water either :D :D

I've left it til now to post just in case the faults re-appeared but they haven't and I now appear to have a completely fault free R56.

Happy happy happy fella

Now I've been vauge on the name of the dealer and what the fixes were on purpose as the guy I spoke to at the dealer has had bother with 'other folk' posting on forums which caused him a bit of bother at work so I assured him I wouldn't post names, procedures etc. I'm more than happy to reply to PM's with the details for anyone out there who wants to approach their dealer or wants to take their car to this garage where I've got to say I got first class service.

AndyP & Lenore
30th October 2007, 10:09 PM
Marky, you must be exhausted. Longest message I've seen you post... ever!:eek:

And what a post:D . Good news indeed for all the R56 diesely-watery-suffering owners.;) ;)

As it happens, I can see I may need to make use of this dealer at some point as we are getting the diesel noise more often. Cold mornings and all that. Keeping an eye on it.;)

ALL HAIL THE TEST-BED MARKYC:D :D

A.:D

Scottie
30th October 2007, 10:16 PM
Good to hear you got your "faults" fixed and well done to who ever the dealer is.

Just a shame your car had the faults in the first place.:(

markyc
30th October 2007, 10:37 PM
Test-bed ??? Hmmm test what bed exactly........ !!!! :D :p :rolleyes:

Ma fingers are aww worn oot Poolster wi aww this typin :eek: :D ;)

Should have said in the main post that the fixes were all done under warranty ;)

illegalhunter
30th October 2007, 10:51 PM
Glad to here you got a result Marky

Craig
31st October 2007, 12:16 AM
FANTASTIC news mate :D :D

and do you know what ? my car is booked into the same dealership next week to get the "Characteristic" modified to be slightly different "Characteristics", ie FIXED!

it's a sad day when a concerned owner has to do hundreds of miles driving down dealerships to find one that will take the complaint/problem seriously and fix it to the customer's satisfaction.

My car was looked at my a certain dealer and Mr Steven Knowles (Mini Technical Bloke for Scotland) on Wed 3rd October and he stated that these 2 problems were normal and that they were nothing to worry about). :confused: :confused:

I will also keep the details of the dealership under my hat, but I have to say, so far they have been streets ahead of any other dealership I have dealt with regards to the Service Dept. :)

vintageb3
31st October 2007, 01:30 PM
Craig and Mark...EXCELLENT NEWS!

Hope you guys wait until after the car is fixed...and then book an appointment to speak with mr Knowles to point out his mistake and ask why he had a stance on these issues?

I know I would!

mark

The Dogfather
31st October 2007, 01:46 PM
Craig and Mark...EXCELLENT NEWS!

Hope you guys wait until after the car is fixed...and then book an appointment to speak with mr Knowles to point out his mistake and ask why he had a stance on these issues?

I know I would!

mark

You might find the 'good dealership' stop modifying the characteristics

FergusM
31st October 2007, 04:04 PM
Oo..promising...well I have teh diesel characteristic, rushing water characteristic....

...and screetching gear box and rattling dash...

Maybe they can try and fix the lot !

illegalhunter
31st October 2007, 07:31 PM
Ah the joys of Mini lol

Crombers
31st October 2007, 07:42 PM
Ah good news sir & I reckon I will defo use said dealership when my MINI goes for it's 1st 'main' service in about 7500 miles (55K before a big service, ''Sheesh'' changed days eh!!)

Colin
31st October 2007, 11:22 PM
Good news folks. Nice one Mr C. :D

Seems crazy you had to go to all this bother in the first place. MINI must know this is a problem :confused:

FergusM
1st November 2007, 04:54 PM
Markc,

Can you please PM me with details of the dealer.

Cheers,
Fergus.

KenL
1st November 2007, 07:11 PM
I would suggest that any other dealers looking on here get onto the phone to "this" dealer to find out how to fix these FAULTS!!!

markyc
1st November 2007, 07:54 PM
Markc,

Can you please PM me with details of the dealer.

Cheers,
Fergus.

You have PM sir (sounds like an illness don't it :eek: :confused: :p );)

Scottie
1st November 2007, 09:59 PM
I would suggest that any other dealers looking on here get onto the phone to "this" dealer to find out how to fix these FAULTS!!!

Kenl obviously they have been very lucky and found a dealer that actually wants to do some warranty work and also some guys that know their stuff.

Most dealers today are not interested in warranty work not enough money in it for them which is a shame really as it shows their total lack of interest in their customers.

Actually thinking about it but I know a Land Rover dealer that owns a BMW/MINI franchise not to far from me. The LR dealer took one of our LR"s in that needed warranty work done (wasn't purchased from them) got a Ford KA to use while our LR was getting fixed on the 3rd day we got a phone call to say come and pick your LR up we have not had time to look at it.:eek: :eek: Obviously as a company they must not promote customer service through out their different dealers.

Craig
6th November 2007, 11:15 PM
Well, took my car into this dealer to get the "characteristics" modified. ;)

Left work early because of problems with traffic and got there at 3pm. :eek: Spoke to reception and said I was here to drop my car off for tomorrow and to pick up a courtesy car. Girl behind the desk said that the car could come back any time up to 6pm, but she would try and juggle things around to get me away quicker. By 4pm (after I sat and watched Top Gear on their Plasma and drank their free diet coke and biscuits) there was a car ready for me to take away. Top Service indeed. :D :D

Will get the car back on Thurs evening or Fri (they have given me the car til Fri) and they are going to sort out some rattles at the same time.

Fingers crossed it all works out, but I have to say up to this point I am very pleased with the service. :cool:

Craig
10th November 2007, 12:08 PM
Well, I should have put money on it..... but I don't think the local bookies would have given me good odds.... :(

picked up the car this morning, fired it up and guess what.... THE DIESEL NOISE!! so they haven't fixed the problem. No workshop management in this morning, so I will have to phone them on Monday.

It would appear that they have fixed the sound of rushing water, but the rattles they were asked to look at are still there...

Also they charged me £20 for the courtesy car, when Marky didn't get charged a bean...

Think I am just unlucky.... SOOOOOO glad this car is being sold..:( :( :( :(

Smurf
12th November 2007, 01:38 PM
Hi Marky... can you PM me the name of the dealer too?

I haven't had any issues at all with the dealer who currently works on my car, but it would be nice to know if there was one to trust, who might be a bit closer to hand.

Started using my current dealer because of good reports, and because the first dealer ripped me off considerably :mad:

Just nice to have a backup ;)

N12 JLK
12th November 2007, 02:20 PM
Ours ir booked in for next Monday. Will let you all know how it goes. Diesel noise on ours only happens about once a fortnight at the most so it may take a few weeks to find out if all is well.

FergusM
12th November 2007, 03:34 PM
Well, I should have put money on it..... but I don't think the local bookies would have given me good odds.... :(

picked up the car this morning, fired it up and guess what.... THE DIESEL NOISE!! so they haven't fixed the problem. No workshop management in this morning, so I will have to phone them on Monday.

It would appear that they have fixed the sound of rushing water, but the rattles they were asked to look at are still there...

Also they charged me £20 for the courtesy car, when Marky didn't get charged a bean...

Think I am just unlucky.... SOOOOOO glad this car is being sold..:( :( :( :(

Awww... I was hoping that the dealer had a fix for every car. Will have to work out where to put mine for the couple of faults.. the sound of rushing water has disappeared so nothing to fix, the dash no longer rattles after getting Mikey to upgrade the stereo.

Just, did I say just, left with gear box issue and diesel sound...