PDA

View Full Version : New record with my Dooper

ajamesj
30th October 2007, 09:56 PM
Just back from Dumfries after my few days away and my new mpg record coming home after tripping my OBC at dumfries then back to Arbroath and I am a very very happy person an average of 72 mpg :D :D :D :D :D :D . On the way down I used the cruise control more and still averaged 66 mpg :) :) :) :) and best of all my dash rattle that was fixed when I left for my trip is still silent bring on the miles cant wait. Thats 8 weeks of ownership and 3600 miles completed

AndyP & Lenore
30th October 2007, 10:13 PM
That's frikking awesome, 72MPG is one very economical little car.

A.;)

Coop
30th October 2007, 10:26 PM
Well done sir, although you must now drive like a fud.

Can I say f** without getting in trouble?

:D

It is good work though, considering Im doing well to get 30mpg

KenL
30th October 2007, 11:26 PM
Tremendous mpg. I can get over 50mpg in the petrol R56 Cooper if I stay at 70 or below.

On the dash rattle, where was it and how/where was it fixed?

sedgie
30th October 2007, 11:38 PM
WOW that is good...hubby gets 58mpg in beemer...n i thought wow.....was gonnae look at a dooper!....but is it still nippy?:)

sedgie
30th October 2007, 11:41 PM
Tremendous mpg. I can get over 50mpg in the petrol R56 Cooper if I stay at 70 or below.

On the dash rattle, where was it and how/where was it fixed?

lol if i stay @70 i can get 42 in my cooper s:D

Craig
31st October 2007, 12:21 AM
Good Stuff Andy.. :D

and it will be even better with the "Mods" to the newer cars re the stop start technology. ;)

ajamesj
31st October 2007, 09:31 PM
I drive my Dooper the same way I drove my "S" and it doesnt just lie down and give up. Theres lots of torque and it can go when it wants too. The stop/start does help when in town for economy and I was driving within the speed limits most of the time :D .

My dash rattle was between windscreen and top of dash according to the guys at grassicks a wiring loom wasnt tied down right under the dash panel , they also fitted what BMW call a felt kit which fixes out all known rattles

Andy

zimbo
31st October 2007, 10:11 PM
Mmmmmmmm...... :cool:

KenL
31st October 2007, 10:57 PM
My dash rattle was between windscreen and top of dash according to the guys at grassicks a wiring loom wasnt tied down right under the dash panel , they also fitted what BMW call a felt kit which fixes out all known rattles

Thanks for that :)

My "perfect" R56 seems to have this from time to time. Not really too bothered but would like to know what to suggest is wrong if I ever get round to having it looked at.

How long did it take to organise this? I am very busy and with my job

illegalhunter
1st November 2007, 04:34 PM
If i keep the revs below 3000 i can get 29 mpg

KenL
1st November 2007, 07:07 PM
If i keep the revs below 3000 i can get 29 mpg

Is that meant to be good :p

What do you get if you drive normally?

How are you enjoying the car BTW?

Duncan Stewart
2nd November 2007, 09:07 PM