PDA

View Full Version : Mini Track Day Knockhill April 30th 2008

mini saltire
29th October 2007, 11:31 PM
Cost is £60 per Car (passengers go free once they have signed the disclaimer)

Time: 6pm till 8pm
£5 Helmet hire.
Included: Saftey briefing at 5:30pm, Marshalls, Emergency vehicles. I'll be on hand to give you some help with the racing lines etc..

I'll have my car up with a passenger seat in it as well. I'm going to be, offering passenger rides for a few quid the proceeds of which will go to my Great North Run Charity.

I need 30 cars for this to work and I need a £15 deposit in the next few weeks. All the track day slots for this years were sold out by December last year so we need to act now to avoid dissapointment.

Names:

1. Mark Dryden
2. Ian King
3. Replacment for Elfman
4. Stone
5. Stone's Dad (VXR Monaro)
6. Gorbash12346
7. JCWorks
9. John Clark Tayside
to
18.John Clark Tayside
20. Aid
21. Weefossy
22. Neil & Lorna
23. Gorbash
24. Vic Covey Jnr.

Gismo
30th October 2007, 04:19 AM
Sorry Mark, i can't make that date :(

ianking
30th October 2007, 10:39 AM
Yes for me please.
If you want to PM me with your address for sending a cheque for the deposit then that is fine.

ELFMAN
30th October 2007, 11:23 AM
Me too Mark - not sure what I'll be doing so far ahead, but I'll put down a deposit anyway - wouldn't want to miss it! Do we get special discount vouchers for new tyres???? I'll be too scared to go fast anyway.......

stoney
30th October 2007, 02:45 PM
me me me me me me me me i will def be up for this:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gorbash12346
3rd November 2007, 01:42 PM
if it's allowed i'd definately be up for this my st is now sporting 185bhp so i'd very much like to get a chance to use them, how do you want the deposit payed?? paypal??

also i'd like some sort of assurance no-ones going to be doing any team gimp moments or the like and prepared to give plenty of space after all i'm sure no-one wants to damage their car;)

JCWmini
5th November 2007, 06:22 PM
Where do i send the money?

Are there only 4 signed up so far? :(

stoney
6th November 2007, 02:47 PM
my dad wants to come along in his vxr monaro if thats ok will bump up numbers as well :D :D

ELFMAN
7th November 2007, 09:15 AM
Just to clarify - is the track day open to 'all comers', if we can't get enough MINIS (there seems to be a distinct lack of them here....), or is it open to non-MINIS from the get-go? Not a problem for me personally (I'd like to hear the Monaro giving it some!), but I think we should decide what's what. My mate might like to give his wee Cayman S a blast - but if Mark's getting us a special rate for MINIS, it might rub the officials up the wrong way if they have all-sorts blatting round the track......then it's just a track session for less income. Just a thought. Looks like we'll be struggling to get 30 of anything though.

Gismo
7th November 2007, 09:26 AM
Just to clarify - is the track day open to 'all comers
Trying not to sound negative, but, having seen loads of folks attempting to get interest in a track day from NMS members has always failed :(
There are many reasons for this which we don't need to go into in this thread.

I guess it depends on Mark's discussion with the track officialls, but, i would recommend allowing non Mini's to participate, but, then you might have less NMS mini's than other marques taking part.

Sweeney
7th November 2007, 09:56 AM
Non minis would certainly grab my interest... ;)

mini saltire
7th November 2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the posts guys. I have had a chat with my friendly Mini dealer John Clark and said that I was struggling to get a 'Mini' majority. I said to them that they should ask their data base if anyone is interested. They said they would take 10 slots as they were sure they could find at least 10 Mini drivers who were up for it.

I think other marques should be made welcome as long as there is a strong connection to NMS. I would also ask that the value of the non Mini Marque is over £10K as we don't want some nutter in a clapped out Astra GTE ruining the day for everyone.

C'mon guys n gals get your names up!!

ianking
7th November 2007, 01:08 PM
My old man expressed an interest in taking his new TT on the track but I said he would have to wait first until wee see how many minis sign up.

stoney
7th November 2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the posts guys. I have had a chat with my friendly Mini dealer John Clark and said that I was struggling to get a 'Mini' majority. I said to them that they should ask their data base if anyone is interested. They said they would take 10 slots as they were sure they could find at least 10 Mini drivers who were up for it.

I think other marques should be made welcome as long as there is a strong connection to NMS. I would also ask that the value of the non Mini Marque is over £10K as we don't want some nutter in a clapped out Astra GTE ruining the day for everyone.

C'mon guys n gals get your names up!!

yep i think that is a good idea you could try diffrent dealrs as well if we need more peps

i also think the same about the other cars as you said dont want any probs on the day :D

FergusM
7th November 2007, 02:50 PM
Count me in... just PM me details on where I send the cheque.

I would prefer if all mini's got first refusal... well I know people look after their mini's so less chance of any bumps etc.

aid
7th November 2007, 02:52 PM
right im up for this just pm me with the details of how to pay im open to paypal and or cheque just let me know

mini saltire
7th November 2007, 03:21 PM
Can someone post a link to this on the Min2 Website please? It could generate some more Mini interest.

FergusM
7th November 2007, 05:05 PM
Can someone post a link to this on the Min2 Website please? It could generate some more Mini interest.

I'll do it...

mini saltire
7th November 2007, 06:25 PM
I'll do it...

Cheers!!;)

ELFMAN
9th November 2007, 05:54 PM
Like a 'Thrash Metal' guitarist, I know I'm probably fretting unnecessarily (did you see what I did there?), but personally, I'd be much happier being out on track with folks I know and trust not to do anything stupid. NMS folks seem to have a handle on what and what not to do, either on the road or (I would guess) on a track.

I have to be honest and say I'd draw the line at risking my motor on track for the sake of getting 'numbers' if those numbers included 'unknown quantities' in cars they don't care about or who were out to 'prove something' against the MINIS..... This is exactly the reason I have never taken part in a track day before. The main thing attracting me to this one is that I'd know and respect the others taking part and we have a MINI Challenger on hand to help us get the most from the session. If it's 'open season' on track, it kind of changes the atmosphere a bit. I'd probably still be up for it, but not as relaxed about it. Just a thought.......

Sweeney
9th November 2007, 06:51 PM
We all know that in the NMS group of members theres slow people and fast people anyway... Shall not name names though ;)

Although as regards to "racing" or "proving something", you are briefed completely on what to do, not to do and that they keep an eye on you and if need be will stop you from going on the track. i.e. spinning out, racing someone/executing dangerous and stupid maneuvers.

Although if anyone has any reservations i can say its an absolute blast and will give you a chance to stretch your minis legs and see just what your own and cars limits are :D (not sure if they will be appointing any instructors for 1st timers or anything).

If push comes to shove, surely those NMS members who are well known enough but may not have Minis/MINIs can come along ;) :rolleyes:

weefossy
9th November 2007, 07:11 PM
As always, the Elfman speaks with sense :) "an old head and all that"

Totally agree with his sentiments. We all know each other in NMS and could group ourselves into Fast, moderate and slow without having much discussion.
Any track days I've been on in the past normally allow X number of cars on the track at one time; If this is the case at knockhill we could group ourselves accordingly.
Put my name down please Mark, I'm up for it.

PS. Is this the same old head that talks so much sense?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Elfman.jpg

stoney
11th November 2007, 11:00 AM
i can agree with elfman and weefossys on this on i think it should be nms or close peps 2 nms ie my dad he is not going 2 want 2 smash his car or any one elces but wants a good blast around the track like the rest of us

Neil and Lorna
11th November 2007, 04:09 PM
Mark.

Stick my name down on the list as a maybe for just now.

Cheers Neil.

Sweeney
11th November 2007, 04:11 PM
Dunno if it matters but i'll obviously be there in the golf rather than mini (whether that means i get put in a seperate list etc im not fussed) just wanting to clarify incase :D

mini saltire
11th November 2007, 06:26 PM
Just 8 slots to go before I PM you details for collecting the deposits. Good response so far... keeo it up!:D

ELFMAN
11th November 2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks for that lovely photo Malcolm, that should wow the ladies..... With THAT sort of 'publicity shot', no wonder I'm single.

I think the Trackday will be fine, and I'm looking forward to it - and you can bet I'll be red-lining it (up the straight at least - then crapping it at the end of the straight - expert guidance required here Mark!). It'll be great to be able to open the cars up without having to look for blue lights in the rear-view mirror... and everybody can go at a speed they're comfortable with. I reckon I might hit 75. I'm only used to going fast on dangerous B Roads.

It looks like we'll have enough folks from (mainly) NMS to fill the slots. At the time of my earlier post on this aspect, I was just a bit concerned that we were going to have to rely on lots of 'unknown' non-NMS entrants which would alter the 'feeling' of the day. I'm sure the way things are shaping up, we can all give the cars a blast and have a damn good evening. Sweeney - where's the MINI?

Sweeney
12th November 2007, 08:12 AM
:rolleyes: see here > http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13066 :p

Gorbash12346
17th November 2007, 12:31 AM
hehe now now ;) just wondering does anyone have any objections to me joining in?? i realise you mini guys will be wanting to find out how your mini's compare to a real car but i'll behave myself :p

my car meets your £10k limit and the fact i just bought some 16 inch team dynamics alloys to put some R888 tyres on if it's dry it should surprise

as for background check... i'm 21 have 2 years ncb (i was a named driver for 2 years:mad: ) i'll be bringing the toolkit to help with any repairs or preparations anyone needs throughout the day and i've worked my way up to the st from an ax10e, 04 fiesta 1250cc, 05 zetec-s, to 56 fiesta st

and i have so far never (touches wood) had an accident except clipping a new 3 series with the outer corner of a 5 i was moving in the carpark @ work.. i.e. n/s/r corner of the 5's bumper touching the 3 series on the left of me when i turned right out the gate... i have absolutely no idea how i managed it but it was a bit embarrasing :(.. luckily it was just a small graze and polished out easily

so am i allowed???

Sweeney
17th November 2007, 12:35 AM
Im pretty sure im being allowed with the gti 30, so i shouldnt see why you wouldn't be allowed :o

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2007, 02:40 AM
Sweeney & Elfman..... Multiple "off-topic" posts deleted. PM Sent with an explanation.:D

Cheers,

A.;)

ELFMAN
17th November 2007, 04:40 PM
No probs Andy - it was going nowhere anyway!

stoney
6th January 2008, 11:32 AM
hi mark is this still going 2 happen ???

mini saltire
7th January 2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Stone.

Yes still planning to go ahead. Need some more NMS interest though. Another 5 names and I'll start to collect some deposits.

Mark

ELFMAN
20th January 2008, 08:04 PM
Apologies Mark, but due to various things, a midweek slot at 5.30pm will no longer be a possibility for me. Sorry to pull out at this stage, but no way I can make it. Have a good evening everybody, and try to stay out of the gravel!!

N12 JLK
20th January 2008, 08:34 PM
Cant make during the week, too early also. sorry , hope all goes well:)

mini saltire
5th March 2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Guys,

I will be asking for a deposit of £20 in a weeks time. Please check you are still OK for the Track day.

It should be a great night and I can't wait to see a flock of road Minis at full chat with no worries of the boys in blue in pursuit!!:cool:

stoney
5th March 2008, 09:44 AM
Hi Guys,

I will be asking for a deposit of £20 in a weeks time. Please check you are still OK for the Track day.

It should be a great night and I can't wait to see a flock of road Minis at full chat with no worries of the boys in blue in pursuit!!:cool:

no prob just let me know and i will send you mine and my dads :D :cool:

Sweeney
5th March 2008, 10:53 AM
Wont be able to make it as its a wednesday im sure i wont be missed though haha

edit:

I may be able to make this! Ill let you know asap (thats if non minis are still allowed? ;) )

FergusM
5th March 2008, 02:00 PM
I am really struggling, will not know to very close to that. Can you put take me off the list for now. Sorry.

mini saltire
5th March 2008, 02:58 PM
(thats if non minis are still allowed? ;) )

I think with the numbers that we have you'll be ok to come and play in your VW Finery:D

Sweeney
5th March 2008, 03:05 PM
Haha nae worries, dont worry ill play nice :P

JCWmini
5th March 2008, 05:47 PM
I think with the numbers that we have you'll be ok to come and play in your VW Finery:D

If non mnis allowed can i bring my ZX10-R :D

mini saltire
5th March 2008, 07:29 PM
If non mnis allowed can i bring my ZX10-R :D

If thats a scientific calculator then by all means........ :eek: :eek: :eek: I just googled it and its a Motorbike!!!! No way for bikes I'm afraid. I wouldn't like to embarrass you through the corners, that is if I can keep up with you the straight!!:D :D :D

JCWmini
5th March 2008, 09:54 PM
If thats a scientific calculator then by all means........ :eek: :eek: :eek: I just googled it and its a Motorbike!!!! No way for bikes I'm afraid. I wouldn't like to embarrass you through the corners, that is if I can keep up with you the straight!!:D :D :D

I struggle to get it under 55sec round KH, so im sure you would be lapping me soon enough, im no Rossi.

mini saltire
6th March 2008, 08:36 AM
My lap record is 1:03secs 8secs of a difference!! I have done a 56sec in a New 997 911 Turbo road car....mmmm fun!!:cool:

JCWmini
6th March 2008, 08:16 PM
My lap record is 1:03secs 8secs of a difference!! I have done a 56sec in a New 997 911 Turbo road car....mmmm fun!!:cool:

Last car i took there i was a 944 Turbo, it was my first time on the track (any track). best i was doing was 67 sec laps but in my defence it was late August and we had very low sun as soon at you approched Clark, and there were a lot of cars on track some taking to grass a bit too often for my liking, i decided just to do 20 laps over 3 session, missed the 4th.

Bikes are pretty quick round KH, superbikes are doing 48 sec laps not many cars can touch that.

Eggy7496
9th March 2008, 01:54 PM
Can i ask, whats the insurance consequences of going on of these track days, would absolute love to have another run round the track (done it in the single seaters) but wouldnt want to jepordise insurance.....

Thanks

EJ

stoney
9th March 2008, 02:42 PM
Can i ask, whats the insurance consequences of going on of these track days, would absolute love to have another run round the track (done it in the single seaters) but wouldnt want to jepordise insurance.....

Thanks

EJ

yes it will you have 2 get other insurance ror the day or ask yours if they will cover you

Sweeney
9th March 2008, 02:43 PM
How does it work if youve got road covered insurance, who wont cover for track day... Can you take out insurance from somewhere else specifically for track day? (i.e. having 2 policies for the one car...)

JCWmini
9th March 2008, 04:45 PM
How does it work if youve got road covered insurance, who wont cover for track day... Can you take out insurance from somewhere else specifically for track day? (i.e. having 2 policies for the one car...)

You can get specific track day insurance, its not cheap about £10 per £1000 worth of coverage per event.

Unless you get a real bunch of tw@ts on the track, these events are very safe as long as you dont get sucked into 'racing' anyone. Its not about fast times or being quicker than other people.

Sweeney
9th March 2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah i understand the track experience, done it before :P

But ive been informed knockhill don't let you on now if you dont have insurance?

JCWmini
9th March 2008, 10:56 PM
But ive been informed knockhill don't let you on now if you dont have insurance?

News to me.

N12 JLK
9th March 2008, 11:05 PM
do do do do din din din din din din do do do do din din din din din, hello this is news to me also.

Sweeney
9th March 2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah i was surprised when i was told too, haven't looked into it too much but it would make a lot of sense. They certainly never checked when i drove round last time

stoney
10th March 2008, 09:16 AM
well i dont need 2 worry it is only costing me £50 for mine for the day

JCWmini
10th March 2008, 05:35 PM
well i dont need 2 worry it is only costing me £50 for mine for the day

£50 is not too bad, but even that adds up if you do 4 or 5 a year. Some companies want significantly more £100+ which makes track days un ecconomical to participate in.

Is £50 with your existing insurance company?

stoney
10th March 2008, 07:51 PM
£50 is not too bad, but even that adds up if you do 4 or 5 a year. Some companies want significantly more £100+ which makes track days un ecconomical to participate in.

Is £50 with your existing insurance company?

yes that is with my existing insurance as it is modified car ins it is thro greenlight and its worth it if some thing was to happen its only £500 2 payout my pocket

NeuroBeaker
20th March 2008, 05:51 PM
I'll have to keep an eye on this event - will know closer to the time if I can make it or not. ;)

I'm going to be with Adrian Flux by then as the MINI is going to be modified from stock very shortly. Anyone know offhand if they offer trackday cover? :confused:

All the best,
Andrew.

Gorbash12346
21st March 2008, 10:25 PM
no they don't i'm afraid :( i've asked before .. wish i'd gone with greenlight but they where another £30

stoney
22nd March 2008, 11:38 AM
yep green light seem to be the best for me they where 1/2 the price and give you trackday cover

ceejam
1st April 2008, 10:50 AM
Hi there, just wiondering if this event is happening, and whether you still need places filled?

Just seen a link on www.scottishmini.co.uk (http://www.scottishmini.co.uk) and would be interested in coming along.

Cheers
Jamie

mini saltire
1st April 2008, 11:28 AM
Yes Jamie still happening. Can you I put you down?

Track Ali
1st April 2008, 01:59 PM
hey guys im tempted but not sure of the mid week timing yet. also my mate is wondering that if im coming would he be able to bring his astra. i drive a cooper and hes got an astra 1.6 so were by no means going to break the lap records but it would just be for a bit of fun?

im ou of the country just now but ill be back tomorrow night so ill be able to find out if the mid week thing is ok. just to help could those that are a little more familiar with the trip tell me how long it takes to get to knockhill from hamilton.

AndyP & Lenore
1st April 2008, 02:21 PM
We will probably want to come to spectate if thats OK?

How much will it be to spectate?

AndyP & Lenore
1st April 2008, 02:34 PM
Also, I quite fancy a shot in the passenger seat in your car with you driving obviously. I seem to remember you saying you were doing that on the night. But, if this is open only to those who are paying to "track" their own car, I wouldn't want to take up a space. Just let me know.:D

A.;)

stoney
1st April 2008, 03:10 PM
hey guys im tempted but not sure of the mid week timing yet. also my mate is wondering that if im coming would he be able to bring his astra. i drive a cooper and hes got an astra 1.6 so were by no means going to break the lap records but it would just be for a bit of fun?

im ou of the country just now but ill be back tomorrow night so ill be able to find out if the mid week thing is ok. just to help could those that are a little more familiar with the trip tell me how long it takes to get to knockhill from hamilton.

takes about 45mins an hour to knock hill

Track Ali
7th April 2008, 11:36 AM
ok thanks, stil awaiting conformation from my friend. would it be ok to let you know on friday at the mothership run?? and if were coming give you the deposit then?

thanks rob ;)

BetaRyder
8th April 2008, 11:34 AM
Any places left for this and if so can I bring the Scoob instead?
Lee

Neil and Lorna
9th April 2008, 05:32 PM
For anybody who may be interested in tacking out insurance. I've arranged trackday insurance from these guys.

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/Insurance.htm

There telephone number is 01159415225

£97 with 10% excess on any claim.

Neil.:D

stoney
9th April 2008, 08:23 PM
For anybody who may be interested in tacking out insurance. I've arranged trackday insurance from these guys.

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/Insurance.htm

There telephone number is 01159415225

£97 with 10% excess on any claim.

Neil.:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: im only £50 with a £500 excess

ianking
9th April 2008, 09:47 PM
Mark

When do you need the money for this?
Happy to send you a cheque.

MrMischief
12th April 2008, 08:04 PM
If there's a space available nearer the time would I be allowed to play if my car's ready? Although it wouldn't be in the wife's R53 but my ST205 GT4.

If I sold my car I'd never get 10k but it's had around that spent on it in mods alone...and I'm a KH veteran having done one Hot Hatch day (never again :eek: ) then loads of Top Marques evenings with Elise OC, GTROC & SIDC.

The Celica's had a forged engine rebuild, TRD suspension, 3" exhaust, rollcage etc etc and putting out about 280bhp/290lbft at the wheels :D

The reason I'm not 100% sure I'll make it (if I'm allowed :) ) is that I'm fitting/mapping a new turbo hopefully before then :rolleyes:

Cheers
Steve

stoney
21st April 2008, 07:13 PM
ok just over a week to go go now whats happaing ? are we just paying on the day ? what time are we to be there for ?

mini saltire
22nd April 2008, 12:16 PM
ok just over a week to go go now whats happaing ? are we just paying on the day ? what time are we to be there for ?

Stoney, sorry for the lack of communication, just been a really hectic time at work. If you can bring £60 with you on the day then that would excellent. Also please PM to let me know you are all 100% coming. Thank you!:thumbs up:

Sweeney
22nd April 2008, 07:27 PM
Is there enough confirmed numbers for this to still be happening? (Just trying to see if i should be putting in for the half day from work etc).

Also dunno if you've missed them ^^^ but theres been a few other non mini requests like myself that you haven't replied to (in this thread that is).

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2008, 07:31 PM
Also..... can we come as spectators? To take photies etc?:confused:

A.:D

Scottie
22nd April 2008, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't mind coming if I can drive my Mini round slow and on it's own

gauldrymini
23rd April 2008, 01:01 PM

Was going to ask this also to see if its a possiblity to view as a spectator:)

Andrew

mini saltire
23rd April 2008, 02:12 PM
Is there enough confirmed numbers for this to still be happening? (Just trying to see if i should be putting in for the half day from work etc).

Also dunno if you've missed them ^^^ but theres been a few other non mini requests like myself that you haven't replied to (in this thread that is).

Hi Sweeny,

Yes it is all going ahead come rain or shine. The feeling is to split the sessions between Track Novices and Experienced. There wasn't enough Minis to make it a Mini only track day but anything else that is coming will be have to be similar of greater value. ie no Hot Hatch Sheds. Remember and bring the £60 on the day please.

Mark

mini saltire
23rd April 2008, 02:14 PM

Hi Andy,

Of course you are allowed to spectate. You are also allowed to be a passenger if you sign the disclaimer. Then you can sit next to a few people and scare yourself stupid!!:thumbs up:

mini saltire
23rd April 2008, 02:20 PM
If there's a space available nearer the time would I be allowed to play if my car's ready? Although it wouldn't be in the wife's R53 but my ST205 GT4.

If I sold my car I'd never get 10k but it's had around that spent on it in mods alone...and I'm a KH veteran having done one Hot Hatch day (never again :eek: ) then loads of Top Marques evenings with Elise OC, GTROC & SIDC.

The Celica's had a forged engine rebuild, TRD suspension, 3" exhaust, rollcage etc etc and putting out about 280bhp/290lbft at the wheels :D

The reason I'm not 100% sure I'll make it (if I'm allowed :) ) is that I'm fitting/mapping a new turbo hopefully before then :rolleyes:

Cheers
Steve

Happy to see you there, please PM to confirm.

I wouldn't mind coming if I can drive my Mini round slow and on it's own

Track novice section for you. Seriously you can go as slow as you like. no one will tell you off unless you drive infront of someone. You will love it and it will give you a good idea of how you car handles when you different things.

I just figured out how to multi quote, before anyone else says it!!:moonie:

stoney
23rd April 2008, 05:58 PM
Hi Andy,

Of course you are allowed to spectate. You are also allowed to be a passenger if you sign the disclaimer. Then you can sit next to a few people and scare yourself stupid!!:thumbs up:

that sound like a good idea come in with me andy i will take you round :laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd April 2008, 11:53 PM
that sound like a good idea come in with me andy i will take you round :laugh:

Thanks for the offer Rob, but I'm rather fond of living at the moment.:eek: :laugh:

A.:laugh: :laugh:

stoney
24th April 2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the offer Rob, but I'm rather fond of living at the moment.:eek: :laugh:

A.:laugh: :laugh:

you will just be at the side just mind and bring some :popcorn: with you :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

Scottie
27th April 2008, 08:40 PM
If the weather is dry we are going to come up to give some support.:thumbs up:

ianking
28th April 2008, 10:44 AM
I just got my track insurance from these guys,

trackdays - 01159 415255. They were very impressed when I said that the organiser is splitting up the driving groups into novice and experienced so they have only charged £69 with 10% of vehicle value excess.

I spoke with Mark Dryden the other day and he was telling me of his plans to put cars out in groups of ability for 15 mins at a time etc. The insurance companies seem to like this as it shows that we are responsible and safe. :D

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2008, 01:36 PM
I'll be on hand to give you some help with the racing lines etc..

Is anyone else a bit worried about this offer from Mark, considering the following: :moonie:

http://www.reachercreatures.com/knockhill_april08/marks-off.jpg

http://www.reachercreatures.com/knockhill_april08/mark_bump.jpg

http://www.reachercreatures.com/knockhill_april08/mark_parked_up.jpg

http://www.reachercreatures.com/knockhill_april08/mark_sideways.jpg

But then, there is always this to remember....:thumbs up: :cool:

http://www.reachercreatures.com/knockhill_april08/mark_wins.jpg

Gismo
28th April 2008, 01:55 PM
Maybe that 3rd piccie could be resized to the forum's maximum of 800 x 600 pixels :eyes up: :rolleyes:

Mini Ecosse
28th April 2008, 02:00 PM
Maybe that 3rd piccie could be resized to the forum's maximum of 800 x 600 pixels :eyes up: :rolleyes:

Tut tut Andy, thought you of all people would no better:D :D
Stephen
PS I admit this resizing thing can be confusing:blush:

m44rkr
28th April 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi ,

Have been reading through this thread and it sounds like it'd be good fun , even as a spectator . possibly get some good pictures and videos

not long since i got my mini (friday) so would prefer to come along and see whats happening if thats ok.

haven't been to any meets as yet ,

A good time to say hi.

:thumbs up:

Gismo
28th April 2008, 02:27 PM
Hi ,

Have been reading through this thread and it sounds like it'd be good fun , even as a spectator . possibly get some good pictures and videos

not long since i got my mini (friday) so would prefer to come along and see whats happening if thats ok.

haven't been to any meets as yet ,

A good time to say hi.

:thumbs up:We always encourage folks to attend the many meets we have and the Knockhill ones are one way where we can all meet and chat and watch the MINI's tearing around the track.

Get yourself over to the introduce yourself forum and let us know a bit more about yourself and post up some pictures in the gallery :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2008, 03:01 PM

Tut tut Andy, thought you of all people would no better:D :D
Stephen
PS I admit this resizing thing can be confusing:blush:

Oops.:blush:

Sorted.:blush:

A.:thumbs up:

m44rkr
29th April 2008, 12:41 PM
We always encourage folks to attend the many meets we have and the Knockhill ones are one way where we can all meet and chat and watch the MINI's tearing around the track.

Get yourself over to the introduce yourself forum and let us know a bit more about yourself and post up some pictures in the gallery :thumbs up:

99 % sure i can make it , ive introduced myself but still to take some pics:)

should be a good time a few minis ripping round the track .

cheers

Sweeney
29th April 2008, 04:14 PM
*pm'd*

stoney
29th April 2008, 04:17 PM
ok any one going from hamilton area we will be leavng hamilton sevs at about 4 ish so if you want to meet to run up be there for 3 45 ish

Neil and Lorna
29th April 2008, 10:58 PM
I just got my track insurance from these guys,

trackdays - 01159 415255. They were very impressed when I said that the organiser is splitting up the driving groups into novice and experienced so they have only charged £69 with 10% of vehicle value excess.

I spoke with Mark Dryden the other day and he was telling me of his plans to put cars out in groups of ability for 15 mins at a time etc. The insurance companies seem to like this as it shows that we are responsible and safe. :D

Buggers they are, they charged me £97 :ragin: Same company.

Neil.

Sweeney
30th April 2008, 07:34 AM
They charge on a percentage based on your insured value, the min they can charge is £69.

stoney
30th April 2008, 07:55 AM
well looking forward to this have set up a wee thing on my dash so i can mount my camrea :D :smilewinkgrin:

Sweeney
30th April 2008, 08:07 AM
Better watch you dont try show off if recording and end up in the gravel upside down ;)

Mini Ecosse
30th April 2008, 08:17 AM
It had been my intention to come along and take some photos but not going to manage now.
I look forward to seeing Andy's and other photos when posted.

Stephen

Scottie
30th April 2008, 08:19 AM
hops it stays dry not looking like it mind.:mad:

ianking
30th April 2008, 08:22 AM
They charge on a percentage based on your insured value, the min they can charge is £69.

I put my value down as £17k as that is roughly what the dealers are charging for a similar spec car of my cars age.
They wouldnt acept the new value of my car.

They said £69 as it sounded like a well organised and safe event. They have put down that my excess is 10% of vehicle value.

ianking
30th April 2008, 08:23 AM
Forgot to say.
I have borrowed from work the in-car mounting for the video camera as I also want to video my car from inside going round the track. :D

Sweeney
30th April 2008, 08:29 AM
Ach it'll be fine, all the more fun if its wet! :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
30th April 2008, 08:48 AM
Better watch you dont try show off if recording and end up in the gravel upside down ;)

Sweeny, it's ok if his camera doesn't work for that, I should be there so I'll photograph it when it happens.:laugh:

Scottie
30th April 2008, 08:59 AM
What time for spectators?? Will we be told where to park.? Is it access all areas??

Neil and Lorna
30th April 2008, 09:04 AM

Ok Ian has valued his car at £17k.
I valued ours at £12k.

Something doesn't add up.

:ragin: :ragin: :ragin:

Neil.

ianking
30th April 2008, 09:09 AM
I valued ours at £12k.

Neil.

Neil.
Maybe they took our ages into account. Do bear in mind you are a couple years my senior:p so your reactions wont be as good, your eyes will be failing and you will need to pull off the track every 5 mins for another hot drink as its very cold at Knockhill.:smilewinkgrin: They must see you as high risk. :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
30th April 2008, 09:15 AM
Neil.
Maybe they took our ages into account. Do bear in mind you are a couple years my senior:p so your reactions wont be as good, your eyes will be failing and you will need to pull off the track every 5 mins for another hot drink as its very cold at Knockhill.:smilewinkgrin: They must see you as high risk. :D :D :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Shall we pull in here for a coffee?"

"Aye, go on then. Lets get the tartan rug out"

A.

Sweeney
30th April 2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah i was on the phone "debating" for a while but she did say there was a few who were undercutting what they should be charging and they had a massive audit (arses felt) in january.... Perhaps a few are still "at it"? :hand:

mini saltire
30th April 2008, 11:59 AM
What time for spectators?? Will we be told where to park.? Is it access all areas??

Access all areas. 6-8pm track time, park in main paddock

M

gauldrymini
30th April 2008, 12:26 PM

M

Mark saw you race on Sat. great viewing...:thumbs up:

Sharon, myself and a n other (Jim - work mate) wouldn't mind going out as a passenger in your car. Is this possible:smilewinkgrin: ?? Thought about a fiver each for a hurl for your charity??

Cheers
Andrew

ianking
30th April 2008, 12:26 PM
Cant wait for this.
I even removed all the tyre shine from my tyre walls as I dont want them to be sliding round the corners. Doubt I will get a chance in the wet to push the car hard enough that it will be running on the tyre wall however.

I have a site meeting at the A68 with the police at 2pm. It should finish at 3.15. I will then fire back up to work, get changed, get my car then fire over to knockhill. Should make it for the 5.30 safety brief.

Neil and Lorna
30th April 2008, 01:10 PM
Neil.

You better watch it young man.
Cause you'll find hard to drive with 2 broken arms.;) ;)

Neil.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
30th April 2008, 01:13 PM
Cant wait for this.
I even removed all the tyre shine from my tyre walls as I dont want them to be sliding round the corners. Doubt I will get a chance in the wet to push the car hard enough that it will be running on the tyre wall however.

I have a site meeting at the A68 with the police at 2pm. It should finish at 3.15. I will then fire back up to work, get changed, get my car then fire over to knockhill. Should make it for the 5.30 safety brief.

Depends were on the A68 if its near Darlington your knackerd.:thumbs up:

Neil.:moonie:

stoney
30th April 2008, 01:53 PM

:laugh: i will be fine :p

stoney
30th April 2008, 01:55 PM
I valued ours at £12k.

Neil.

well my dad phoned to day and they wanted about £180 :eek: and £2500 exes

Craig
30th April 2008, 04:50 PM
Enjoy yourselves tonight guys and girls. :thumbs up:

I am gutted I can't come but I have to pick up the oldies at the airport coming back from their hols at about 8 in Glasgow. :frown:

tape plenty pics and video and at least I will know how good it was.. :moonie:

Scottie
30th April 2008, 05:04 PM

M

great stuff I'll leave about 5.30 hopefully that should give enough time to free up the Kincardine Bridge road.:mad:

ianking
30th April 2008, 09:48 PM
Home safe and sound.

I had a brill night. Cant wait to see the pics.
Just found out my video camera that I set up in the car never worked. I really should have tested the machine before I left home this morning.

It has really showed me what the car is capable of.

I had a great bit of sport with Stoney. So much so that when we pulled into the pits both our cars had blue smoke pouring from the front brake callipers :eek: .

It was a close call for Rob as I was close behind about to go for the overtake then he started to go sideways down the SEAT Corners. We both backed off a bit then. :D

Anyway a huge thanks to Mark for organising a great night out. :D :D :D

mini saltire
30th April 2008, 09:54 PM
Home safe and sound.

Just found out my video camera that I set up in the car never worked. I really should have tested the machine before I left home this morning.

I had a great bit of sport with Stoney. So much so that when we pulled into the pits both our cars had blue smoke pouring from the front brake callipers :eek: .

It was a close call for Rob as I was close behind about to go for the overtake then he started to go sideways down the SEAT Corners. We both backed off a bit then. :D

Just home as well. I hope you all enjoyed yourself. I really enjoyed the evening, although I am just as knacked as I was on Sunday night!! Really enjoyed seeing the NMS cars out on track enjoying themselves with no police to worry about...just a 997 911 Turbo (my main sponsors car!!) flying up the straights!!:thumbs up: Looking forward to seeing all the pictures..
Great to have met all the NMS members that cam along, I'll try and get along to the run on Sunday:) :)

Sweeney
30th April 2008, 09:56 PM
Cracking night, as ian has said it also allowed me to see just how far im willing to push my car and just how it'll take it. Had a bloody belter of a night, looking forward to the next one :smilewinkgrin: ;)

gauldrymini
30th April 2008, 10:10 PM
A good spectator night enjoyed by myself, Sharon and my mate Jim...

Thanks to Neil for giving Sharon and me a hurl round the track in his Cooper S (nice car):thumbs up:

Andrew

Scottie
30th April 2008, 10:16 PM
Well I had a great night and I didn't even have my Mini with me:)

Ian thanks for letting me be co pilot in your car it was great really good.:thumbs up:

Stoney, Allan ask me to say thanks he also had a great time being co pilot.

I could never take my Mini on the track and drive like what you guys done no way hats of to all of you:thumbs up: :thumbs up: I loved being a passenger and it really made the night for me.

Mark Dryden, what can I say:thumbs up: It was just brilliant:cool: it has to go in the file as memory I'll not forget ended my night on a high and It has been my topic of conversation since and no doubt all day tomorrow. Thanks:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Scottie
30th April 2008, 10:23 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/ScottishMiniRacing/Knockhill/Library-644.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/ScottishMiniRacing/Knockhill/Library-658.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/ScottishMiniRacing/Knockhill/Library-660.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/ScottishMiniRacing/Knockhill/Library-693.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/ScottishMiniRacing/Knockhill/Library-701.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/ScottishMiniRacing/Knockhill/Library-722.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll234/ScottishMiniRacing/Knockhill/Library-731.jpg

stoney
30th April 2008, 10:50 PM
well had a brill night loved every min of it my dad did as well

just one thing to say is a big

thank you Mark :thumbs up:

top night out :thumbs up:

stoney
30th April 2008, 10:53 PM
Home safe and sound.

you would have been lucky :p as for the side ways bit that was fun :D have to say was suprised at how well mached the 2 where tho :eek:

i think way both may have pushed are cars to the limit and beoned a bit but my god was it fun :D

stoney
30th April 2008, 10:54 PM
Well I had a great night and I didn't even have my Mini with me:)

Ian thanks for letting me be co pilot in your car it was great really good.:thumbs up:

Stoney, Allan ask me to say thanks he also had a great time being co pilot.

I could never take my Mini on the track and drive like what you guys done no way hats of to all of you:thumbs up: :thumbs up: I loved being a passenger and it really made the night for me.

Mark Dryden, what can I say:thumbs up: It was just brilliant:cool: it has to go in the file as memory I'll not forget ended my night on a high and It has been my topic of conversation since and no doubt all day tomorrow. Thanks:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

not a prob was happy to :thumbs up:

weefossy
30th April 2008, 10:57 PM
Mark, thanks a million for organising the night and for giving Nellie and I some terrific laps and for showing me how it should be done. I hope your charity made a profit out of it as I didn't think there was as many cars as expected.:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Really enjoyed being out on the track and was really pleased the way the car performed. Could feel a real difference in my laps as the night progressed and I became more confident. I also gained more confidence because the track was never too busy and I never felt the car was in danger of any damage, apart from what I would have caused. :D

Great to see all the other NMS guys & girls with "huge grins" on their faces, especially Rob and Ian when they returned from their "cruise" with guns smoking. Top marks to everyone for behavour on the track, a credit to NMS.

Will post some pictures tomorrow, as I'm on "red eye" in the morning..
Mark, thanks again, will see you at the wedding.

Neil and Lorna
30th April 2008, 11:27 PM
What a fantastic night, big thank you to Mark for organising the night.:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Still grinning like a Cheshire cat.:D :D :D :D

Fingers crossed Mark can organise another night.:D

Neil.

Bumble
1st May 2008, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a fab night .. want to see more pics people!

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2008, 12:31 AM
Sounds like a fab night .. want to see more pics people!

Patience, patience. Working on it.:thumbs up:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2008, 12:48 AM
Excellent night. Even though I didn't take the car round, or go as a passenger, I still had a good night.

Well done to everyone on the track tonight. It's given me much more confidence for taking the car on next time.

And a special well done to Mark for organising tonight and raising a massive amount for charideee. Top Marks, Mark!

No Knockhill "meet" would be complete (I'm a poet and didn't even know it) without the obligatory photeeees. Hope these don't disappoint.

All my knockhill trackday photo's are here. (http://www.reachercreatures.com/Knockhill%20Track%20Day%2008/)

But here's a wee selection of my favs...

http://www.reachercreatures.com/KHtrackday/knockhill_trackday_02.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/KHtrackday/knockhill_trackday_14.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/KHtrackday/knockhill_trackday_36.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/KHtrackday/knockhill_trackday_37.JPG

http://www.reachercreatures.com/KHtrackday/knockhill_trackday_43.JPG

vintageb3
1st May 2008, 01:53 AM
I forgot all about this..and fell asleep at Kim's:o...now I can't sleep:frown: :argh:

Its been a lousy week for me...yesterday I went out to price work in the afternoon...and when I had finished, I really was hungry and was looking forward to my evening meal. I thought it was about 4.00pm. Turned out it was 7.00pm:eek:

Will try and get along next time....good pics Andy!

mark

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2008, 08:01 AM
Should have said, if anyone would like Hi Res pics of their car, for NMS members I'm happy to supply. Let me know the pic number (appears just above the image in the Bananalbum page) and your email address and I'll email on.

Cheers,

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2008, 08:02 AM
....good pics Andy!

mark

Cheers.:thumbs up: :D

mini saltire
1st May 2008, 08:22 AM
Great Photos again Fi and Andy. Really enjoyed myself last night and I raised over £1k for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Sorry I wasn't able to go round with you guys as I had planned to, simply ran out of time. I will do it next time, I promise!! It looked from where I was though that most of you knew where the line was and there certainly wasn't lack of commitment from Stoney and Ian King. All I am going to say is that they came into the pits smiling ear to ear with their brakes pouring with smoke:thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: . Just add a roll cage boys and it just gets better and better!!:cool:

Mini Ecosse
1st May 2008, 08:26 AM
Excellent photos Andy :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
Will need to up my standard or give camera to Allyson:laugh: :laugh:

Stephen

stoney
1st May 2008, 08:27 AM
good pics andy well done

i would just like to say sorry to are new nms members who where ther last night i never came and said hi was a bit busy with the old car and track

stoney
1st May 2008, 08:30 AM
Great Photos again Fi and Andy. Really enjoyed myself last night and I raised over £1k for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Sorry I wasn't able to go round with you guys as I had planned to, simply ran out of time. I will do it next time, I promise!! It looked from where I was though that most of you knew where the line was and there certainly wasn't lack of commitment from Stoney and Ian King. All I am going to say is that they came into the pits smiling ear to ear with their brakes pouring with smoke:thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: . Just add a roll cage boys and it just gets better and better!!:cool:

i know every time i came to go round with you you where out with some one will have to get a shot with you some time soon tho :thumbs up:

yep that was fun but i was saying to christine i think i could have got a better lap time in a cooper :eek:

Gismo
1st May 2008, 08:39 AM
Cracking pictures folks and it looks like a good time was had by all :yes nod:

Next time, please make it so i'm at home :yes nod: :thumbs up:

ianking
1st May 2008, 08:42 AM
Great pics guys.

Are there any videos available.

Good news is that my car didnt make the D noise this morning for the first time in ages. The good rev that it got last night must have got the oil flowing round the engine. :D

stoney
1st May 2008, 09:46 AM
Great pics guys.

Are there any videos available.

Good news is that my car didnt make the D noise this morning for the first time in ages. The good rev that it got last night must have got the oil flowing round the engine. :D

i have one i will upload later but its just me going round :D

Colin
1st May 2008, 11:19 AM
Looks like it was a great night. :D Great pics Andy!

stoney
1st May 2008, 01:56 PM
ok a wee vid from my dash

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/th_100_2549.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/?action=view&current=100_2549.flv)

i must say i had so much fun still buzzing now :D looks ilike i was geting low 1m 20 sec's laps can some one tell me if this is good for a novice :D :thumbs up:

Scottie
1st May 2008, 02:06 PM
excellent stuff Stoney best yet.:thumbs up:

I thought all the drivers done well Only at lunch time did I manage to eat after my spin with Ian King.LOL

I don't know right but Allan and I were talking last night and I was saying what speed Mark was doing at the end of the long straight after the hairpin before you go down seat curves

I can tell you in his Cooper he was doing the same speed as what you were in your S remember we are talking a straight bit of track must be the way he gets round the hairpin and plants down the power at a guess.

stoney
1st May 2008, 02:11 PM
excellent stuff Stoney best yet.:thumbs up:

I thought all the drivers done well Only at lunch time did I manage to eat after my spin with Ian King.LOL

I don't know right but Allan and I were talking last night and I was saying what speed Mark was doing at the end of the long straight after the hairpin before you go down seat curves

I can tell you in his Cooper he was doing the same speed as what you were in your S remember we are talking a straight bit of track must be the way he gets round the hairpin and plants down the power at a guess.

think so but you have to mind that mark will have prob done over 1000 laps of that track so just knows where to put the power and the best way round the corners :D

stoney
1st May 2008, 02:13 PM
well i was just looking at my vid my best lap on that was 1 min 16 secs so i am pleased with that :thumbs up:

Scottie
1st May 2008, 02:44 PM
think so but you have to mind that mark will have prob done over 1000 laps of that track so just knows where to put the power and the best way round the corners :D

Yes I don't doubt it but it just shows how good these guys are at driving and getting the power delivered in the coopers.

mini saltire
1st May 2008, 03:10 PM
well i was just looking at my vid my best lap on that was 1 min 16 secs so i am pleased with that :thumbs up:

Post it up Stoney!! The Monaro souded great btw!:cool:

Neil and Lorna
1st May 2008, 04:14 PM
Excellent video Rob.:thumbs up:

One thing you don't experience on video is the car sliding about scrabbling for grip coming out of some of the corners.:eek:

I'm still grinning like a Cheshire Cat.Neil.:D :D :D

ianking
1st May 2008, 04:24 PM

One thing you don't experience on video is the car sliding about scrabbling for grip coming out of some of the corners.:eek:

I quite agree. First couple of laps I thought I was going to loose it but another couple of laps later when the tires had warmed and I started to get the hang of it I was really enjoying letting it slide a bit at the corners.
It was great knowing that nothing was comming the other way and that there were large run off areas in case we did over cook it a bit.

(well something nearly was facing the other way, eh Rob Stoney):thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
1st May 2008, 07:48 PM
Great pics & video, makes me wish I had been there :smilewinkgrin:
Maybe next time

N12 JLK
1st May 2008, 07:55 PM
Good video Rob, pity the music was pants:shut up: :yes nod:

MrMischief
1st May 2008, 09:07 PM
Good video Rob, pity the music was pants:shut up: :yes nod:

Music whilst on a circuit :frown: Should be listening to the engine, tyres & transmission....as well as for cars looking to overtake :ragin: ;)

Looks like you definitely got the weather & sounds like most folk had fun "pushing" their cars a little. How many cars turned up & went on, looks very quiet, maybe a good thing though :D

Will def try to make the next one, as that was a bargain rate you got Mark :thumbs up:

Steve

Neil and Lorna
1st May 2008, 10:14 PM
Music whilst on a circuit :frown: Should be listening to the engine, tyres & transmission....as well as for cars looking to overtake :ragin: ;)

Looks like you definitely got the weather & sounds like most folk had fun "pushing" their cars a little. How many cars turned up & went on, looks very quiet, maybe a good thing though :D

Will def try to make the next one, as that was a bargain rate you got Mark :thumbs up:

Steve

Only 10 cars in total 5 of them Mini's.
Sometimes whilst going round I thought I was the only one on track.
Still had to keep your wits about you though.

Neil.

weefossy
1st May 2008, 10:33 PM
Oor Nellie took loads of pictures last night, so here are a few. I will bring some CDs on Saturday will all pics on.

Ian K with power down after corner
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/IanKingsmall.jpg
Rob's Dad in a big black beastie
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/StoneyDad.jpg

Rob flat out......as always
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Stoneysmall.jpg
Sweeney trying to keep up lol
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Sweenysmall.jpg
Neil getting stuck in
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/NeilCornersmall.jpg
Dad & Neil's wee race
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/DadNeil1.jpg
Dad & Neil part 2
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/DadNeil2.jpg
I wish I could have got this close in the corners lol
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/DadMarksmall.jpg
and finally that long lasting grin....will it ever go away?
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Biggrinsmall.jpg

Scottie
1st May 2008, 11:50 PM
Cool Pics:thumbs up:

I did like that Porsche when it passed sounded really good.

Also I've got to say Sweeneys Golf if pretty smart.:thumbs up: :thumbs up: loved the interior and that steering wheel:cool:

stoney
2nd May 2008, 03:13 PM

Steve

got to keep it puming gets me in my zone for driving all ways drive with loud music

and with my exuaast you can still here it you could even here me blasting round the track on the way to knockhill :D

and with only about 5 cars at once on the track then not much to look out for :p

stoney
2nd May 2008, 03:18 PM

I quite agree. First couple of laps I thought I was going to loose it but another couple of laps later when the tires had warmed and I started to get the hang of it I was really enjoying letting it slide a bit at the corners.
It was great knowing that nothing was comming the other way and that there were large run off areas in case we did over cook it a bit.

(well something nearly was facing the other way, eh Rob Stoney):thumbs up:

well in the main on those laps i had got it warmed up a bit tyers and stuff was trying for good laps on those ones cos i knew i had the cam on :rolleyes: but yep it did tened to drift out a bit on some of the corners :thumbs up: but what fun there was times i was just chucking it in and makeing it slide just for the fun of it as ian said you know nothing it coming the other way well we do are best

but i have to say i keeped it on the track and im proud of that as i was pushing hard at points :thumbs up:

Gorbash12346
27th May 2008, 11:09 PM
looks like i missed out on an ideal first trackday... gutted :(:argh:

will need to get some money saved up so i can afford to do this and not worry about tyres and brakes to replace afterwards

how where peoples tyres and pads etc afterwards?

in a way kind of glad i didn't find out about my pads on track...

18-20k in and this is what my green stuff pads where like (had been in for it's second service and they reported front pads crumbling)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/Gorbash12346/DSC00019.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/Gorbash12346/DSC00021-1.jpg

needless to say i won't ever be buying another ebc product again, now running on black diamond predator pads all round