PDA

View Full Version : Borders Spring Run Recce

miniscot00
26th February 2003, 06:04 AM
For any of you that are particularly keen, there is to be a recce of the run on the 16th March by M Mo Mini and MSC1, however, as the saying goes, the more the merrier so if you do fancy tagging along and run the risk of getting seriously lost (following MMo Mini guarantees that this will happen) then add your name to the thread.:)

lightbody
26th February 2003, 07:47 PM
This is the same day and in the same area (approx.) as the Mini Clan's Hadrians Wall run. We've teemed up with a couple of English clubs and are going to do a run along the wall. We even get a mention in this month's Mini World! You could always try and run into us at some point? Its themed as a sort of Scotland meets England sort of thing...

miniscot00
26th February 2003, 09:25 PM
Sounds interesting....I'm not sure if we'll be that far south but it's worth investigating. Where will we find the details for the run?

Monsta Mo Mini
28th February 2003, 06:03 PM
There will be one change to the run already. The carpark at Ocean Terminal has now been fenced off to provide parking for the residents of the ludicrously expensive flats across the road. Anyone got any other suggestions for a good assembly spot?

Wul
28th February 2003, 07:29 PM
I might make the run on the 6th but will confirm a bit nearer the time.

As for alternative meeting place - why not meet in Dunedin MINI's car park?

Monsta Mo Mini
4th March 2003, 06:00 PM
Those coming on the recce (this is getting ridiculous!) so far

Monsta Mo Mini
MSC1
Bod
Willie M (Maybe)

If a few have done the route than at least nobody'll get lost if we distribute those listed above throughout the pack.

Going down to Dunedin at lunchtime so I'll mention the run to whoever is the MINI sales person now that Mark has left. Does anyone know.... Wul? GAJ?

Wul
4th March 2003, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
Going down to Dunedin at lunchtime so I'll mention the run to whoever is the MINI sales person now that Mark has left. Does anyone know.... Wul? GAJ?

I don't know any of the sales staff i'm afraid - but when your down there see how their getting on with my coop - it's in at present for a new steering column, new window seals, new drivers door seal, investigate squeaking drivers seat (already had one new frame!), investigate sticking passenger seat when folded forward and CD changer not working. But hey - it's still an ace car! got the yellow ONE from them again, getting to know this car quite well now!:)

Monsta Mo Mini
4th March 2003, 06:31 PM
There's a lovely silk green cooper :dead: they've neen giving out aswell, Had it the other week when mine was in for it's service.
Does it still look like a shanty town down there?

Wul
4th March 2003, 06:52 PM

There's a lovely silk green cooper :dead: they've neen giving out aswell, Had it the other week when mine was in for it's service.
Does it still look like a shanty town down there?

No - they are back in from the cold now - looks much bigger now and they now have the Rolls Royce showroom (although don;t think it's open yet).

They were going to give me the SG cooper but when i phoned MINI Ins. they wanted to charge me £25 for the priviledge! No thanks - the hairdressermobile wil do me fine:D

BTW have a look when you are down there at the back area - i noticed something yesterday which scared me a wee bit. It looks like they have a roller brush car wash out the back (like the normal garage ones!) and i think it's this they use to clean the motors before collection! I saw them run a beemer through it! I really don;t like the idea of them washing my car like that! i'd rather they left it dirty!

john
5th March 2003, 12:46 AM

Monsta Mo Mini
MSC1
Bod
Willie M (Maybe)

If a few have done the route than at least nobody'll get lost if we distribute those listed above throughout the pack.

Just wondered,are you having a recce for the recce for the run or just a recce???????:D:D

KenL
5th March 2003, 08:55 PM
This is my first post so please be gentle with me :)

As to a meeting point for the run how about just off the bypass at the Lothianburn exit. There's a long stretch of road there that's easy to park on across the road from Lothianburn golf club and up to the Steading pub.

Easy to find (hopefully) for everyone & easy access to the bypass for heading to the A1.

or...

The services/Burger King at the end of the bypass. Get to the EAST end of the bypass and go straight through as if heading for Musselburgh. Turn in left about 30 yards off the roundabout. Very near my house as well ;)

Cheers,
KenL

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 09:32 PM
Thanks Ken, I'll investigate at lunchtime seeing as I'm heading down to Porty anyway. The Big W car park might be another option. I think the bit at Lothianburn can bet very busy on a Sunday morning;)

Wul
5th March 2003, 09:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

This is my first post so please be gentle with me :)

Welcome to newminiscotland KenL:D

KenL
5th March 2003, 11:46 PM
No please not Big W, I'm begging you don't make me go there !

Gismo
6th March 2003, 02:38 AM
What is Big W????

bonnie scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
6th March 2003, 02:42 AM
It's a BIG WOOLWORTHS....a VERY VERY BIG WOOLWORTHS...people have gone in there and never been seen again....:eek:

Gismo
6th March 2003, 02:43 AM
Have they got any Burberry goodies ??

bonnie scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
6th March 2003, 03:50 AM
Yes ..... lots.....;) Woolworths, the well know high fashion outlet....

knaone
6th March 2003, 07:34 AM
Alan you should write to burberry and try and get a sponsorship? say you can do something like the Hula Hoop adverts? in return you get free Burberry! gotta be worth a try?

David

Wul
6th March 2003, 03:52 PM
KenL - i think i've sussed you aversion to BigW! You either work there or got lost in a woolworths as a child and are mentally scarred for life!

KenL
6th March 2003, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

KenL - i think i've sussed you aversion to BigW! You either work there or got lost in a woolworths as a child and are mentally scarred for life!

No, much scarier than that. I recently went there one evening and there was a bout 30 wee neds hanging about outside. They were having a stand-off with the security guards. I was worried that my MINI would get molested when I was inside and obviously lost. Sure enough when I came out they were all walking past my car which as usual was parked as far away as possible. I was worried that their shell suits might scratch my paintwork :(

Wul
6th March 2003, 08:08 PM
Aye - burger king has a lot to answer for!

Monsta Mo Mini
6th March 2003, 09:09 PM
I'd be more concerned about spontanious combustion, all that man-made fibre in such a concentrated area could be leathal. Oh well I can but dream... burning neds:D

Willie M
7th March 2003, 09:31 PM

Monsta Mo Mini
Bod
Willie M (Definitely Maybe)

Might be able to swing it Monsta, will let you know on Monday :)

Gismo
8th March 2003, 03:57 AM
I could be tempted, from where and at what time are you starting

Bonnie Scotland

john
8th March 2003, 04:00 AM
this sounds more like another run than a recce

Monsta Mo Mini
8th March 2003, 04:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I could be tempted, from where and at what time are you starting

Bonnie Scotland

My hoose at about 11am on the 16th:D

Willie M
8th March 2003, 08:19 AM

My hoose at about 11am on the 16th:D
WOOHOO!!! Does that mean Mrs Monsta Mo Mini will be cooking 'cheesy feet' for us all? ;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
8th March 2003, 08:42 AM
Only if I'm wearing my trainers!;):D:D

Willie M
10th March 2003, 09:29 PM
Borders Run Recce Party: Sun 16th March

Monsta Mo Mini
Bod
Willie M
Bonnie Scotland (Maybes aye, maybes naw)

Gismo
10th March 2003, 09:32 PM
Ah go on then, just give me a postcode :D

Monsta Mo Mini
Bod
Willie M
Bonnie Scotland (maybes aye, maybes naw)

Thinks again, it's the secterian cup final that day, hmm, back to maybes aye, maybes naw

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
10th March 2003, 09:51 PM
I'll give you the postcode but it might not work as there is still some debate as to what it is. Try EH7 5ND or EH7 5NE and see what comes up.

C

Gismo
11th March 2003, 04:22 AM
I'm not sure if i'm undecided or just that i can't make up my mind

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
11th March 2003, 04:50 AM
I can't decide if you're indecisive or just confused.

Linda M
12th March 2003, 12:49 AM

I'm not sure if i'm undecided or just that i can't make up my mind
Bonnie Scotland
It's make your mind up time :eek:
I'm sure there will be food on the offering :D

Gismo
12th March 2003, 02:17 AM
Food, who mentioned food :) is it free like it will be at the pub ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
12th March 2003, 02:21 AM
Naw - you said you were paying:D

Monsta Mo Mini
14th March 2003, 07:33 AM
It's looking like it will have to be the Big W. There is a Burger King there for those who might require refeuling before the off. There was even a freshly burnt out mundano there today.

Gismo
14th March 2003, 08:16 PM
Defo won't make the recce, sorry all

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
14th March 2003, 09:37 PM

Defo won't make the recce, sorry all
Awwwww :disapprove: Who am I going to wind up now? :(

NEWS JUST IN: Burger King have this morning announced mass redundancies at their Edinburgh Big W franchise. A spokesman claimed that a record breaking burger order for Sunday morning had now fallen through and that sadly jobs would have to go. 'The staff are really gutted', he said, ' you should see what one of the bu**ers has done to my Mondeo'...

Gismo
15th March 2003, 04:32 AM

It's looking like it will have to be the Big W. There is a Burger King there for those who might require refeuling before the off. There was even a freshly burnt out mundano there today.
Was it flame grilled and does that come with chips ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
15th March 2003, 07:43 AM
Don't know if it came with chips but I'd say it was well done:D
Congrats - first to become a Big Tumshie!

Willie M
15th March 2003, 08:43 AM
'Congrats - first to become a Big Tumshie!'

I'm saying nothin' :clown:

Willie M
15th March 2003, 07:21 PM
Borders Run Recce Party: Sun 16th March
Monsta Mo Mini
Willie M

Sadly Bod & Bonnie Scotland have had to call off :(
Monsta and I will be heading off tomorrow to survey the route. Hope this glorious weather holds up :cool:

Gismo
16th March 2003, 04:19 AM
While you guys are enjoying the sunshine i'll be looking into bottomless beer bottles and sookin in lung fulls of stale smoke, all in the name of being a football supporter, aye!

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
17th March 2003, 03:41 AM
Well we've done the recce and are positive everyone is going to have a great time.

Some of the pheasants in the Duns area are sans tail feathers, the residents of Kelso now think I'm a new member of the local boy racer fraternity having driven round the bloody one way system more times than was necessary and Mo can now add amphibious to his spec list.

The final details including menus for lunch, maps and full itinery will be posted onto the main site this week once Willie has translated the scribbles he was trying to take while being thrown from side to side as I got a bit carries away in some of the corners.

cheers

Calum

Gismo
17th March 2003, 05:52 AM
Aw, thanks guys, i got and am still slightly p"*^ed whilst rejoicing the latest victory by the boys in blue, no, i don't mean willie m getting done for speeding :evil:

Really looking forward to the real run.

Bonnie Scotland, hic!