PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Light Switch

RS
28th October 2007, 11:26 PM
The reverse light on my MY2003 Cooper is not working. I've changed the bulb, but that's made no difference.

Is the switch that activiates the light accessable and if it is, can somebody give me an idea where it is please.

Gismo
29th October 2007, 04:30 AM
You need to remove the air filter housing to access the switch which is at the top of the gearbox, but, have you checked the fuse??

RS
30th October 2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the guidance. I'll get round to looking for the switch some day.

The light works intermitantly, therefore it's not the fuse or the bulb.

Gismo
31st October 2007, 04:45 AM
Maybe try wiggling your hand in there to see if it's a loose connection

Gorbash12346
3rd November 2007, 01:33 PM
the switch is a very common failure as posted before remove either the airbox or battery box both should give you enough space to work and swap it over. An easy way of testing if the circuit works is to get a piece of wire and bridge the two connections on the plug that connects to the reverse light switch if the light goes on then the circuits fine and the switch is goosed... hope this helps

X30YES
3rd November 2007, 05:20 PM
Maybe try wiggling your hand in there to see if it's a loose connection...and before you run the car,or you'll get your fingers burnt :rolleyes:

RS
29th December 2007, 09:45 PM
At long last, I got round to investigating my intermitantly working reverse light today, but didn't get very far in trying to find the reverse light switch.

Therefore, could somebody direct me to, or give me some instructions on how to remove the air filter housing please.