PDA

View Full Version : Garage ramp

N12 JLK
28th October 2007, 07:45 PM
Our garage has a step up to it from the drive:eek: :eek: (dont ask). 5" at one side and 6" at the other. We can't raise the slabs as there is a drain just before the step right over where the wheel would go.

Planning on getting the drive done next year so we will fix it properly then. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions what we can do on the cheap to get the car in and out of the drive.

Think we are going to have to get ramps made. Anyone know of anyone in central belt who could do this for us??

Neil and Lorna
28th October 2007, 07:55 PM
Jason how about just a wee bit triangular shaped timber.

Cheep and nasty but ok for a temp fix.

Neil.

Craig
28th October 2007, 08:28 PM
I would suggest the same as Neil. Did we not discuss this recently and agreed you would just build a wooden frame for them ?

would seem the easiest and cheapest method for a temp fix.. :)

john
28th October 2007, 08:47 PM
Call Roman Roads on 07852230461 and tell them I sent you:eek:

stoney
28th October 2007, 09:01 PM
if you pm me the sizes i can get a price for you as i use a engering place at my work

AndyP & Lenore
28th October 2007, 09:32 PM
Jason, would these (http://www.towsure.com/category/6780-Caravan_Levellers) be suitable? Not sure if they raise high enough, or if the angle would cause problems catching underneath.

A.:D

vintageb3
28th October 2007, 10:07 PM
If it was me...and you are sure you are going to do the driveway next year...I would put down two slow concrete ramps...about 18" wide and bridge the drain if it runs parallel to the garage door (if I read you correctly)

Simply put some thought into the formwork that put in whilst you shutter the ramps.

Use a weakish mix...and it will break up easy next year as it will have no real bond to the existing driveway.

Cheap and will do the job.

mark