PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a pulley removal tool....

P33 ULC
27th October 2007, 11:12 AM
That they wanna loan me :D

Gonna buy one if i cant get a loan of one. Ill pay good money ;)

vintageb3
27th October 2007, 10:24 PM
That they wanna loan me :D

Gonna buy one if i cant get a loan of one. Ill pay good money ;)

If you are doing the pulley...I think you need a belt tensioner tool as well?

mark

P33 ULC
28th October 2007, 07:02 PM
Got a few mates in Fairbairns for the tensioner tool :D

Just not the pulley tool cos they dont use them

P33 ULC
2nd November 2007, 02:11 AM
Bought an Alta removal tool from Minispeed and the 17% pulley & new belt from Lohen. Will be fitting tomorrow night. Dont need a tensioner tool as its an automatic tensioner. Will let you all know how easy/hard it is, looks pretty simple goin by Altas instructions. Hardest bit seems to be getting the old belt off. Lifting the engines easy as is removing/installing pulleys

vintageb3
2nd November 2007, 12:52 PM
Bought an Alta removal tool from Minispeed and the 17% pulley & new belt from Lohen. Will be fitting tomorrow night. Dont need a tensioner tool as its an automatic tensioner. Will let you all know how easy/hard it is, looks pretty simple goin by Altas instructions. Hardest bit seems to be getting the old belt off. Lifting the engines easy as is removing/installing pulleys

Lohen told me the tensioner tool is required to take tension off the belt to remove it and put back on. You take tension off the belt and put a pin in to hold the tensioner back.

Only reason I post on this is to save you any potential hassle.

"The Protector" is worth fitting too.

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/proddetail.asp?prod=LohenTheProtector

Hope this helps!

mark

P33 ULC
6th November 2007, 10:10 PM
Done!!! Not that hard, more time consuming than hard (2 hours). Didnt need the tensioner tool, just used a Mag tools bar and relieved the tension. My car now has the Alta 17% plus an Alta CAI. The supercharger whine is unbelievable!!! :D It was a lot louder than standard with the CAI, but with the pulley its not any louder, just higher pitched. Sounds wild :o Pulls really well above 3.5k, can really feel the difference........ Am gonna go out and pass a few type r's now rather than chase them :rolleyes: