PDA

View Full Version : Christmas? IT'S OCTOBER!

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2007, 12:06 AM
It's bad enough that Mr Nicol (N12 JLK) has a reminder in his thread about Christmas coming soon, but the NEXT clothes shop which has just opened in our new retail park (yes, Galashiels has a Retail Park - tee hee) now has their Christmas Decorations up. Very sad indeed. I know businesses, especially retail businesses need to capitalise on the spending increase over the festive season, but it's only the 24th October for goodness sake.:mad: :mad:

Bah humbug indeed.:mad:

A.:confused:

Bumble
25th October 2007, 12:14 AM
I've been Chrismas planning since August at work - I'm usually bah humbug before it's even silly early to talk about it!

Lynn

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2007, 12:28 AM
I've been Chrismas planning since August at work - I'm usually bah humbug before it's even silly early to talk about it!

Lynn

Lynn, I understand the Christmas planning - office nights out and meals need booked well in advance - even Jason has the NMS Christmas Lunch organised. Don't have a problem with that, it's the way the retailers are pushing it at you from mid October!!! It just seems far too soon.

A.:mad:

Gismo
25th October 2007, 04:27 AM
My local Tescao has all the xmas stuff laid out, including selection boxes, lights etc :eek: according to Me Julie anyway :rolleyes: :D
Total rip off and makes a mockery of the whole event :mad:

vintageb3
25th October 2007, 08:52 AM
Plus JC was born in September wasn't he?

mark

rpn
25th October 2007, 09:21 AM
who's JC? :confused: :confused:

.... oh, him. ;) Is that what Christmases are about!!! :) :) :)

S7JGW
25th October 2007, 09:24 AM

mark

Na he was born on Christmas day thats what Christmas is about, then he was born a week later so we can celebrate new year because new year will be 2008 years since he was born. Im very confused. :confused:
Jim

Burple
25th October 2007, 10:00 AM
And don't forget that the earth is only 6010 years old.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

If there'sone time of year that's a bigger consumerist guilt trip than bloody Valentine's day, it's feckin christmas..:mad:

Bazthemod
25th October 2007, 10:27 AM
Dundee's city centre decorations have started going up... Hombase have got all their xmas decorations on sale... i start work with Currys on Saturday... no doubt xmas will be there soon too.

I dont mind that too much, what i do object to is adverts like Argos using xmas songs already!!!!!

They stick in your head and before you know it your walking down the street whistling them! :p:rolleyes:

V11kae
25th October 2007, 10:39 AM
I'm still sticking to my 12 days of Christmas! Otherwise you'd be bored of it even before its december!

And I love Christmas, getting my halloween parties & Guy Fawkes out the way first.

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2007, 12:16 PM

mark

John Clarke in Dundee? or Perth?

Oh wait, that's not what you meant.:rolleyes:

A.:D

Gismo
25th October 2007, 12:30 PM
John Clarke in Dundee? or Perth?
There's nae JC's in Perth popcorn boy, Aberdeen maybe :p

stoney
25th October 2007, 01:21 PM
i have been saying the same thing for over a week now :p i can under stand why shops do it

it should be band till at least 1st of dec

any way christmas is not allways a good time for every one

Burple
25th October 2007, 02:06 PM
Dundee's city centre decorations have started going up... Hombase have got all their xmas decorations on sale... i start work with Currys on Saturday... no doubt xmas will be there soon too.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... :D

Which one? In Town or the huge one in the retail park?
I used to work for them (when they were in the other park beside the wee B&Q) as a stooodent job. I bet some of the @rsehole sales 'people' who used to give us students a hard time are still there. Hah. :D

Burple
25th October 2007, 02:09 PM

mark

Who?
The guy who started all the Pagan festivals that most modern religions have 'appropriated' as their own? ;):D

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2007, 02:55 PM
There's nae JC's in Perth popcorn boy, Aberdeen maybe :p

Ach, just shows you what I know. Not much.:rolleyes:

Bazthemod
25th October 2007, 05:53 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... :D

Which one? In Town or the huge one in the retail park?
I used to work for them (when they were in the other park beside the wee B&Q) as a stooodent job. I bet some of the @rsehole sales 'people' who used to give us students a hard time are still there. Hah. :D

Your filling me with confidence now!!! :( :p

It's the one at Kingsway West Retail Park, few doors up from my old work, Homebase.

Had an interview last saturday with the manager and he gave me the job on the spot... getting put on Computing section.

There were plenty tw@ts from kitchen showrooms in Homebase, know how to handle them by now :D

Will catch up with you on msn for some insider tips then haha!

duncan
25th October 2007, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Bob! Ahem, Baz..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthefat/images/downloads/postcards/chewin_post_dvd_guys.jpg

Bazthemod
25th October 2007, 06:53 PM
Baaaaahhh!! PMSL i like it! :D:D:D

N12 JLK
25th October 2007, 07:00 PM
I had to pre-sell Christmas deals in June to the shops:( for delivery October, we have to sell that way to see what items customers are taking in bulk , we can then order bigger shipments of goods so there isnt a shortage at John Clarkes day

Bumble
25th October 2007, 09:51 PM
Lynn, I understand the Christmas planning - office nights out and meals need booked well in advance - even Jason has the NMS Christmas Lunch organised. Don't have a problem with that, it's the way the retailers are pushing it at you from mid October!!! It just seems far too soon.

A.:mad:

My planning is important stuff I'm sure you'll agree ... making sure we can delivery beer/cider to the supermarkets so they don't have bare shelves. Just the thing for the festive season and to toast JC's birthday ... hic!

L