PDA

View Full Version : The long way down starts on Sun

monkimagic
23rd October 2007, 09:34 PM
Been looking forward to this!

Long Way Down

Sun 28 Oct, 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm 60mins
Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman set off on a 15,000 mile trip from John O'Groats to Cape Town.

After finding a suitable base, Ewan and Charley spend several months in London prior to departure, planning a route that will not only be challenging but will also be inspirational and visually arresting.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd October 2007, 11:04 PM
Looking forward to this also - Long way round was brilliant. not sure if i'm gonna wait for the dvd though and watch it all in one sitting.

Gismo
24th October 2007, 03:19 AM
Nice one, which channel

euan
24th October 2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah, we did that with long way down too, get the DVD and watch it over a weekend. Loved it and the book (I read the book first though - preferably IMO).

Can't wait - BS - would guess BBC2 but not sure.

AndyP & Lenore
24th October 2007, 10:30 AM
Euan i read the book first too. Excellent read. The two compliment each other remarkably. The book has more time to in into depth on some of their experiences, so i would agree the book is actually more entertaining, but watching it all pan out on screen after reading about it was great.

book first. Then dvd for me. :cool: :D

Gismo
24th October 2007, 11:17 AM
book first. Then dvd for me. :cool: :D
That's what i'd like to do, but, i'll end up watching the series on TV :rolleyes:

euan
24th October 2007, 12:26 PM
That's what i'd like to do, but, i'll end up watching the series on TV :rolleyes:

SKY+ it :D

Gismo
24th October 2007, 12:49 PM
SKY+ it :D
Yep, have to do it for most TV shows cause o'm away for a month at a time

AndyP & Lenore
24th October 2007, 08:12 PM

Self control man, self control.:rolleyes:

A.:D

Burple
25th October 2007, 10:02 AM
Good stuff :D
Saw them on the Jonathon Ross show a couple of weeks back.. till then I wasn't bothered about it.. but after that, I'll be watching! :cool::cool:

vintageb3
25th October 2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.longwaydown.com/

mark

zimbo
26th October 2007, 07:19 PM
Excellent news...:D Been waiting for this FOR AGES!!! :p loved the last series.

I would love to be able to afford to do something like this myself.