PDA

View Full Version : Music Setting the Mood

V11kae
23rd October 2007, 02:18 PM
Ok, I have a problem.

I work in a BMW Showroom and I have been given permission to choose music I find suitable to play in the showroom as we are all fed up with the radio.

Any suggestions on the perfect 'non cheesy' showroom music that would be perfect for driving!

:)

ianking
23rd October 2007, 03:39 PM
What showroom do you work at? Are you in sales or service etc.

Big Gordy
23rd October 2007, 06:54 PM
Does this have a bearing on what music you're gonna suggest Ian:eek::p;):D

Some Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Stereophonics, Goo Goo Dolls, Creed, Early Van Halen, Nirvana, AC/DC, oooooooooooooooooooh the list goes on:rolleyes::p:D

N12 JLK
23rd October 2007, 09:00 PM
Moby 18:):)

V11kae
23rd October 2007, 10:27 PM

Looking forward to this answer, lol

Work for Harry Fairbairn in Giffnock, Enquiry Management for the Sales Team. Does that help? :rolleyes:

tonyjac
24th October 2007, 03:00 AM
DEFO THE STONES LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL:p

vintageb3
24th October 2007, 07:54 AM
What about tinnitus?....

I've often thought it would be far easier to endure than listening to car salesman's spiel.:D

mark

Gismo
24th October 2007, 07:57 AM
Problem is that you need a large amount of music due to it constantly playing in the background.
It won't take long to rattle through single CD's, what you need is an iPod stacked with music on random play......................just so happens my iPod may be for sale :rolleyes:

vintageb3
24th October 2007, 08:05 AM
Blatent commercial advertisement from a Mod!!!!

Andy!!!!! Andy!!!! Sort this out won't you!!!:eek:

;) :rolleyes: :D

mark

Gismo
24th October 2007, 08:10 AM
Blatent commercial advertisement from a Mod!!!!

Andy!!!!! Andy!!!! Sort this out won't you!!!:eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D

mark
Way off topic :eek: besides, it's not commercial ;)

ianking
24th October 2007, 08:21 AM
Whats enquiry management???

If it means you get a free mini as a company car though then thats a bonus.

V11kae
24th October 2007, 01:01 PM
Problem is that you need a large amount of music due to it constantly playing in the background.
It won't take long to rattle through single CD's, what you need is an iPod stacked with music on random play......................just so happens my iPod may be for sale :rolleyes:

Thanks but I'm already sorted with the gadgets. See in the showroom its a hifi in the cupboard thats linked to all the speakers. Is there a way to link my ipod up to that?

p.s I dont do instructions I just hope that bits in the box fit!

V11kae
24th October 2007, 01:04 PM
Whats enquiry management???

If it means you get a free mini as a company car though then thats a bonus.

nah, no company car :( Basically I'm required by BMW to babysit, & kick salemans butts for not contacting customers in the manner and time scale required. Generating reports, tying everything up and generally being a nice person as I'm first point of contact. Every customer is supposed to be contacted within 24 hours to establish enquiries bla bla

God I liked my job but it sounds quite boring today..........

Gismo
24th October 2007, 01:06 PM
See in the showroom its a hifi in the cupboard thats linked to all the speakers. Is there a way to link my ipod up to that?

Possibly yes, depends what type hi-fi, but, if it has a stereo (red & white) rca input you can get a lead to a stereo mini jack (male) that goes into the headphone socket on the iPod and you simply select the channel you used on the amp, play the iPod and away ya go :)

The Dogfather
24th October 2007, 01:44 PM
I'd go for a mix of Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Symbian Mobile Disco, Kasabian, Massive Attack and Portishead. Add in a few cool 60s stuff Kinks etc.

Big Gordy
24th October 2007, 03:26 PM
tying everyone up

Right kinky bunch at Harry Fairbairn then are you :eek: :p :D :cool:

V11kae
24th October 2007, 03:40 PM
Right kinky bunch at Harry Fairbairn then are you :eek: :p :D :cool:

I really should start thinking things through before I open my mouth, or more so before I type!

Last week I walked into the canteen wearing new shoes, only to say "Its amazing how much more pain an extra inch can cause!"

I was refering to my heels! :p blondes! :D

I do like Massive Attack & Pink Floyd!

Big Gordy
24th October 2007, 08:52 PM
"Its amazing how much more pain an extra inch can cause!"
Can't believe you just shared that with us:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::cool:
I suppose it depends on whether its added to the 'x' or 'y' axis:eek::p:D

V11kae
24th October 2007, 09:36 PM
Can't believe you just shared that with us:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::cool:
I suppose it depends on whether its added to the 'x' or 'y' axis:eek::p:D

Maybe one day I will blush! I've always wondered what it would be like to be the shy type but then again I think I would explode! :eek:

In a very good mood, brought home my new baby today from the showroom! will get pictures up soon. :D

euan
26th October 2007, 04:42 PM
I'd stick on a Zero 7 CD and be done with it ;-)

V11kae
26th October 2007, 07:11 PM

Who the heck are Zero 7?:confused:

The Dogfather
26th October 2007, 08:39 PM
Zero 7, good choice

euan
26th October 2007, 09:42 PM
Zero 7 play a lot of chilled out stuff, you'd know it when you hear it as the BBC use it all the time.

Awesome live too.

N12 JLK
26th October 2007, 09:50 PM
What are branch doing for the launch of the Clubman.

The Bull
26th October 2007, 09:56 PM

That's weird. When I read the first post I thought of Zero 7 immediately. Great minds think alike. :)

BJN
26th October 2007, 10:50 PM
nah, no company car :( Basically I'm required by BMW to babysit, & kick salemans butts for not contacting customers in the manner and time scale required. Generating reports, tying everything up and generally being a nice person as I'm first point of contact. Every customer is supposed to be contacted within 24 hours to establish enquiries bla bla

Glad they've finally got someone to do that, although too late to keep my business.

I always found it impossible to get a call back from a sales person there... And when you dropped in they made you feel like an inconvenience.

V11kae
26th October 2007, 11:01 PM
Glad they've finally got someone to do that, although too late to keep my business.

I always found it impossible to get a call back from a sales person there... And when you dropped in they made you feel like an inconvenience.

I've only been there since March, but lets just say theres been a complete turnaround since then! New General Manager etc & various staff. You only get back what you put in I say!

euan
27th October 2007, 06:58 AM
That's weird. When I read the first post I thought of Zero 7 immediately. Great minds think alike. :)

:D:D

(arg! hate this 10 character rule!!!)