PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav Fault.....ANYONE....

bpirie1000
18th February 2004, 11:19 PM
Any one have a factory sat nav system that doesn't work anymore... I Do... Takes Bout three minutes to start.

Turn the Key and Nothing.. No Mini Badge Not a Dickiebird .....

Anyone else had this Or Know of this.. Took it to J.C. Abdn and they said there all like that....MMMMMMMM i think NOT.......

the Other day got to work parked the car and Wooosh it worked... DAmn it.......

John Clark say there is No Fault and that It has had the New software down loaded and that there is nothin else they can do....
How annoying...

Doesn't actually help when they scratch the Grey bit around the steering wheel Either.. Dread to think what else heppened to the car while they had it.. Spent all day Sat Polishing and it was Gleaming. Oh dear.. How far is Dundee J.C From Aberdeen.....

ANYONE Please let Me Know if any of you have had this or am I unique...

Cheers Brizee

KenL
18th February 2004, 11:28 PM
Doesn't sound right but I think there are threads on mini2.com about probs with the satnav in cold weather.

On the steering wheel scratch my dealer marked mine when fixing the steering column, I complained and they replaced them.

KenL
18th February 2004, 11:32 PM
Here's a thread for starters:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21745&page=1&pp=15

MartinSullivan
19th February 2004, 01:31 AM
Mine starts up first time - but seems to take an awful long time to find any satellites, and sometimes gets very lost while trying to find them i.e. it will report it is anything up to about 5 miles from where it really is. I keep meaning to take it to the dealer, as I also have a problem with the sat nav voice through my after market head unit - its way too quiet even with the interface from Mikeythemini.

Wul
19th February 2004, 01:53 AM
I have the answer here
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0749537205.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Heh Heh!

Sorry Guys - i know that doesnae help! :D;)

KenL
19th February 2004, 06:20 AM
Very good Wul :D

Probably a wee bit cheaper than a SatNav system too :evil:

Willie M
19th February 2004, 04:43 PM
There was a huge thread in MINI2 last year, many owners (including Zoooooom I seem to remember) had problems with Sat-Nav acting up in cold weather. Symptoms similar to what you describe Brian. I recall this as I was thinking on speccing Stouffer with sat-nav at the time.

bpirie1000
19th February 2004, 04:50 PM
quality joke Wul...... The Problem with those things is they do not fit in the map pockets though... ?? !! ?? !!! ??? the car is excellent but MAP POCKETS!!!!!! maybe not..

Read all that Posts (thanks KenL) and the problem seams to be ignored By MINI .. MMM I think a letter is required.. I spend all that money on something and loose the large speedo and Mini will not do anything about it... MMMMMMM I think not....

Anyone Got a Good price for a Road Atlas.......

Cheers Brizee

Julz
19th February 2004, 05:11 PM
Ah yes, here we go!!! I had the old sat nav probs in cold weather, was driving around the North Sea for weeks, apparently!!! But this doesn't sound like the cold weather prob, there is someone, somewhere on mini2 last week who had this same problem, i.e sat nav takes a wee while to wake up, might be worth having a wee trawl through the threads!!;):p I think there was battery connections involved somewhere!!:eek:

bpirie1000
20th February 2004, 08:56 PM
Cheers Love Will check em Out..

Brizee

bpirie1000
22nd February 2004, 07:25 PM
The Saga Continues.

They have (WHILE TRYING TO FIX THE NAV) Damaged teh Steering wheel centre and dented the bonnet and the Rear quarter pannel...
Worst thing is they never had the thought to tell me...

What was Dundee's number again.....

GRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you spend a mint with your dealer on the car and they treat it like JUST another mini.. But it is MY MINI .......

Julz
23rd February 2004, 05:05 PM
Sorry to hear that Brizee, are they going to fix their many mishaps?? I know JC's in Dundee damaged my door sills and trim at the door when farting about with the sat nav, and they kindly replaced my sill for me!!:D

bpirie1000
25th February 2004, 04:58 PM
your darn tootin right there going to fix it.. You should have seen the mad Aberdonian go red when ma baby was damaged..... Grrrrrrr

anyway fixed teh sat nav my self after all that.. Fuse F22 15v or just disconnect the battery for about 20 mins.. works a treat.. so i am classing myself as a mechanic. that and my continuall requirement for screen wash.. I am more than qualified to work in j.c. Hu...

Julz
25th February 2004, 05:18 PM
:D;)