PDA

View Full Version : Who in Scotland will modify my mini?

Colint
19th October 2007, 07:20 PM
Got a few things planned for my 'S', its just too damn slow for me!
Having come from years of Jap car ownership I used the same garage for years but dont know where to start with the mini.
I live in Perth so nearest place to home would be handy!

Will be changing exhaust(prob full system and manifold),smaller pulley,Bluefin,springs,brakes....etc!!

Col.

Scottie
19th October 2007, 07:26 PM
exhaust = Stainless Creations in Falkirk.

Remap = Star Performance in Dysart

Upgrade brakes and things I would give AWD in Perth a phone see what they can do http://www.awdmotorsport.co.uk/index.php I know the Scoobie guys use them alot.

Colint
19th October 2007, 07:30 PM
Cheers! I have used AWD on my old subarus for the past 8 years!! I've never seen a mini in there though but I am sure Grant and the lads will have a go!

Was going to buy a package from Lohen then get somebody to fit it all.

Scottie
19th October 2007, 07:32 PM
Cheers! I have used AWD on my old subarus for the past 8 years!! I've never seen a mini in there though but I am sure Grant and the lads will have a go!

Was going to buy a package from Lohen then get somebody to fit it all.

there you go then AWD will do the job I'm sure.

vintageb3
19th October 2007, 09:45 PM
I would just get Lohen to do the work. Its not all that far away really. (4-4.5 hours)

I think their rates are very fair...and they know EXACTLY how to do all of the work.

They told me that they spend half their time explaining to mechanics over the phone...how to do the work.

You need two "special" tools to change even a SC pulley...and an oven to heat up a crank pulley to install it. (to do it right)

Hope this helps

Oh...and you can have a look at my ALTA CAI on Sunday if you like...then you can check installation of that pipe;)

mark

Colint
19th October 2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah the pulley might be a problem, who up here would do that? A decent garage could handle brakes, suspension etc

aye would maybe be a good idea to find out where that pipe goes! will look out for you.

vintageb3
19th October 2007, 09:55 PM
You can't miss me mate...thin...good looking...great teeth.:D

:(

mark

illegalhunter
20th October 2007, 09:23 AM
Go to GTT in England if you really want more power

AndyP & Lenore
20th October 2007, 11:50 AM

mark

Aye and a great sense of humour. :D :D :D

Ivano
20th October 2007, 01:04 PM
I agree with Vintageb3, Lohen is the place to go

vintageb3
20th October 2007, 10:55 PM
Aye and a great sense of humour. :D :D :D

Well...I'm a stand up kind of guy;)

mark

Maxxed Ross
21st October 2007, 01:26 AM
I've always used Sounds of Silence in Falkirk for my exhausts, fully custom made and always fantastic quality. Just ask for what you want it to sound like and that's exactly what you get!

stoney
21st October 2007, 08:46 AM
i used msw in strathaen on my old cooper did a brill job and got it sounding just the way i wanted !!! i old it too another member one the site at the time and he loved it as well !!

vintageb3
21st October 2007, 08:47 AM
OH ME ME ME!!!!

I want mine to sound like the young maiden playing a Peruvian mountain goat horn in fa flat major!!!;) :D

Money back then:eek: :D

mark

ELFMAN
21st October 2007, 03:54 PM

mark

Hey, this club ain't big enough for TWO guys like us!

drb5374
25th October 2007, 07:36 AM
Got a few things planned for my 'S', its just too damn slow for me!
Having come from years of Jap car ownership I used the same garage for years but dont know where to start with the mini.
I live in Perth so nearest place to home would be handy!

Will be changing exhaust(prob full system and manifold),smaller pulley,Bluefin,springs,brakes....etc!!

Col.

Hey Colin! Nice to see a name from SIDC, even though i never actually got to meet you.

Never knew you went to Mini ownership. What made you move away from Scoobs to an S?

vintageb3
25th October 2007, 08:50 AM
Hey, this club ain't big enough for TWO guys like us!

ROTFLMBFAO:D :D :D

Its because were worth it!:D

Can you see our L'Oréal advertisement?;)

Now for the science bit

mark

Colint
30th October 2007, 01:34 PM
Hey Colin! Nice to see a name from SIDC, even though i never actually got to meet you.

Never knew you went to Mini ownership. What made you move away from Scoobs to an S?

Got fed up putting petrol in the damn things! felt it was time to move on after 8 years and get something a bit different. Will be going back to jap at some point in the future but the mini is good fun for just now.