PDA

View Full Version : This weekends Brazilian Grand Prix

Scottie
19th October 2007, 05:56 PM
Well in todays 2nd pracice session, Lewis Hamilton, Takuma Sato and Jenson Button used 2 sets of wet tyres each. FIA are due to call a summit meeting to decide on a punishment as this is a breach of regulations.

Obviously any punishment is going to be detrimental to the title push, but how can McLaren get everything so f**king wrong all of the time??? Somebody needs to send them a copy of the FIA rule book!

I really hope Lewis pulls it off this Sunday, but any punishment served is surely going to see him start from the back of the grid.

Craig
19th October 2007, 06:12 PM
doesn't sound like good news does it.... what was this "special envoy" doing from the FIA at McLaren when they were getting this part of the rules wrong :confused: :rolleyes: .

Seems like the FIA are only there to feck it up, not keep them on the straight and narrow.. :(

monkimagic
20th October 2007, 02:01 AM
Seems the FIA deemed it a minor offence and give hime a $21000 fine.

I reckon its his title and OMG we will never hear the end of it!

The Bull
20th October 2007, 03:53 PM
Don't be so sure. As you saw in Shanghai, everything can change in a split second. I'm really excited about the race though. I hope Kimi sneaks it.

zimbo
20th October 2007, 10:48 PM
Come on Lewis, he can do it... That boys got talent FULL STOP!!!

The Bull
21st October 2007, 01:06 AM
No way anybody can deny that and it's really nice to see a rookie do so well, I just don't like him. He is like a puppet. Everything he says is corporate tripe that's been drilled into him during his apprenticeship with McLaren. He is a true professional there's no doubt and a sponsors dream but I prefer characters more, like Senna, Montoya and the like.

It must be weird being guys like Ralf, Jenson and Rubens to have a young kid do what you have tried to do so badly in his first season as a F1 driver.

Fair play to the guy, he is an absolutey brilliant driver.

s12cot
21st October 2007, 07:14 AM
Kimi is a sour faced git! Hope he no get!! Come on Lewis

Crombers
21st October 2007, 09:08 AM
Kimi is a sour faced git!

Eh?????????????

Crombers
21st October 2007, 09:09 AM
I hope Kimi sneaks it.

Yup , Ditto :)

Gismo
21st October 2007, 09:21 AM
Yup , Ditto :)
Me too :) ah go on :rolleyes:

The Dogfather
21st October 2007, 06:54 PM
Me too :) ah go on :rolleyes:

Looks like you got your wish, shame for Lewis but I think Kimi deserved it in the end. Early in the season his car let him down, Lewis's car and team let him down in the latter half. Natural justice?

The Bull
21st October 2007, 07:09 PM
Don't be so sure. As you saw in Shanghai, everything can change in a split second. I'm really excited about the race though. I hope Kimi sneaks it.

I really wish I had put money on that!

Great racing today though and hard luck to Lewis. Kimi was overdue a championship I think.

Crombers
21st October 2007, 07:11 PM
Yes, yes & YES :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
21st October 2007, 07:59 PM
Not normally an F1 fan and dont really watch the races, but after a blistering day at knockhill and knowing how close this years championship is.... I watched todays race. Good race. Shame for hamilton, good for kimmie (sp?). but how do you guys put up with the constant ad breaks. Drove me nuts!

N12 JLK
21st October 2007, 08:04 PM
didnt watch it, had a nice meal and played pop and hop the board game with Kerr and Les.

vintageb3
21st October 2007, 08:37 PM
but how do you guys put up with the constant ad breaks. Drove me nuts!

Huh!!!...and this from Mr Blatant Advertiser of the Year!!!!:eek:

Only joking!:D

mark

duncan
21st October 2007, 10:07 PM
BBC News have just reported that BMW may be investigated for Fuel Irregularities. Hamilton may win the title yet. Sadly.

I was hoping Alonso would win. He has a personality at least. Unlike Kimi, or Hamilton.

The Bull
21st October 2007, 10:17 PM
Wow, that would be a real sickener if you were Raikonnen.

monkimagic
22nd October 2007, 12:53 AM
Well done to the Iceman :D Well please, not so with the ITV coverage which has been a sham!

Gismo
22nd October 2007, 04:11 AM
I was hoping Alonso would win. He has a personality at least
Wow, it must be hiding up his over inflated ego then :rolleyes: ;)

duncan
22nd October 2007, 06:38 AM
Wow, it must be hiding up his over inflated ego then :rolleyes: ;)

Ego - Personality. Same difference. Least he's got some emotion. :p

Iceman = Boring
Hamilton = Corporate bore.

The Dogfather
22nd October 2007, 07:14 AM
So BMW and Williams both broke the rules, yet because there was doubts they don't get disqualified. They took 3 samples from 2 of the cars all were illegal. What doubt?

Oh, I know what it is they must have cooled down once they were sampled, I here Intelagos was pretty chilly yesterday.

Best news yet though is that McL is now suing Ferrari. Ferrari used at the FIA hearing documents that they were told they were not allowed to release by the Italian police. McL are seeking damages for deformation, lost of earnings and legal costs. I would imagine the damages would be many many times larger than the fine FIA hit McL with. Next year Kimi will be defending his championship in a Fiat Panda........

vintageb3
22nd October 2007, 08:33 AM
Iceman = Boring

I know very little about the champ. I'm not going to google where he is from...but I'm guessing he is from Finland?...at least Scandinavia isn't it?

I have been to Finland and Scandinavia a number of times...and it does seem that they are very "cold" people.

It was explained to us that it is in fact taken as extreme bad manners in Finland if you meet someone for the first time with a joke or even a smile on your face (go figure:eek: ). It is just their way....just as its our way to smile while shaking someone's hand...or even crack a wee joke.

After a ten minutes...they join in the fun...and give as good as they get.

Maybe this could be why the champ is perceived as an "Iceman".

I hope this post at least prevokes some thought by some here on NMS.

We have to give people from other countries a fair crack of the whip you know.

On the other hand...Alonso...I can't think of anything I learnt from traveling extensively in Spain that disproves he is a prick.:eek:

:D

mark

tonyjac
22nd October 2007, 08:36 AM
Forza Ferrari:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d Campioni Del Mondo:d :d :d :d

euan
22nd October 2007, 01:23 PM
We did a project with a Finnish company. They were all very monotone speakers, and tended to do the word word reply thing.

Until you fed them vodka or beer....

Stand back and wait for the madness! I've never seen anyone drink like that entire lot could.

As for the race, I was fed with the Lewis Hamilton show, and in the pre-race build up Kimi had a 2 minute clip of how he'd got to that point in his career. Lewis got it hugely wrong in the first 4 corners, panicked but he would have recovered from that. His gearbox issues lost him the race, so his team lost him the championship for me after the Chinese race when they should have pitted him.

ITV coverage is shocking. It's getting like the football and rugby coverage - too dependent on too few players.

The Dogfather
22nd October 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm fed up with the ITV coverage, I'm going to watch the TV with the sound off and listen to Radio5

vintageb3
22nd October 2007, 07:50 PM
Forza Ferrari:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d Campioni Del Mondo:d :d :d :d

Is this what all the excited Italians are shouting then???:D

Kazuki Nakajima....could that be Japanese for "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE PITS....HERE THAT BLOODY LUNATIC AGAIN!!!:eek:

:D

mark

vintageb3
22nd October 2007, 08:26 PM
I just went onto Youtube to have a look at some of the F1 stuff.

They have all been removed!!!! with this header:

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management"

They are petty aren't they!

mark

monkimagic
22nd October 2007, 09:05 PM
I just went onto Youtube to have a look at some of the F1 stuff.

They have all been removed!!!! with this header:

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management"

They are petty aren't they!

mark

They are very petty and McClaren fit in lovely.

I loved what Alonso said about Hamilton:D