PDA

View Full Version : coloured silicone hose set

monkimagic
18th February 2004, 09:15 PM
Hi All

I am thinking of fancied up under the bonnet, does anyone know if replacing the silicone hoses with the colouered one and also the plug leads, does this or can this effect your warranty. I have seen the discussions on the filters.

Thanks

Monki

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16325/26972.jpg

minidriver#1
18th February 2004, 09:19 PM
i think alan has done something similar.

monkimagic
18th February 2004, 09:35 PM
hopefuly he can let me know

Wul
18th February 2004, 09:43 PM
Can't think of any reason why this should void the warranty - only possible area would be the ignition leads if they were fancy ones which affect the cars performance - if they are normal ones but coloured then it should be fine.

Replacing the hoses will be a PITA though as you'll need to drain the coolant system and refill it again! Will look cool once done though! :cool:

Gismo
19th February 2004, 05:47 AM
I had this done, i've installed plugs, leads and nice red silicone hoses, the leads are quoted as giving better performance which may have an impact on your warranty, anything aftermarket will, but, it's purely dealer dependant.
My car was in for something, can't remember now and i got them to fit the hoses, no problems :)

It's a hassle job, you gotta take the front bumper off to get access to the hose clamps etc, i supplied new anti freeze. All in i think it took about 2-1/2 hours :eek:

monkimagic
19th February 2004, 09:15 AM
Thanx for that bonnie

Julz
19th February 2004, 05:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
My car was in for something, can't remember now

Rear washer!!!!! (just as well someone round here can mind what you've been up to!!:D)

Willie M
20th February 2004, 12:36 AM
It's his age Julz ;) The old memory is starting to falter :D

Gismo
20th February 2004, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M
It's his age Julz ;) The old memory is starting to falter :DThis has gone way off topic, i think :evil: where's a mod when you need one :eek: