PDA

View Full Version : just for interest then now

stoney
18th October 2007, 09:33 AM
ok you all know i like to do some thing a bit diff for my run eg safri park and picnic run this time it is a night run !! :eek:

so who would all be up for it ?

not a def yet and dpnt know any dates just wanted 2 see if any of you would fancy doing it

Gismo
18th October 2007, 09:37 AM
I've been on 2 well attended MINI2 runs that were organised for night time.
The last one i was on i was left for dead, at the back of the convoy, so, had to follow the run notes more than the car in front, by the time we got to the meet points it was about time to leave again and then missed the final meet up point altogether.

Obviously you have to do it in winter, so, the road conditions can vary a lot, especially for folks travelling, so, you won't get a fast but safe spirited drive like in the day time.

But, it is good fun, depends on dates and location for me

Oops, just noticed it was a poll

stoney
18th October 2007, 09:40 AM
I've been on 2 well attended MINI2 runs that were organised for night time.
The last one i was on i was left for dead, at the back of the convoy, so, had to follow the run notes more than the car in front, by the time we got to the meet points it was about time to leave again and then missed the final meet up point altogether.

Obviously you have to do it in winter, so, the road conditions can vary a lot, especially for folks travelling, so, you won't get a fast but safe spirited drive like in the day time.

Oops, just noticed it was a poll

yep i knew that and would not be doing any thing that puts danger me or any one elce

may as well get the use of my spots as well :D :D

john
18th October 2007, 09:42 AM
Great idea depends on dates for me too:)

stoney
18th October 2007, 09:47 AM

Great idea depends on dates for me too:)

ok i will have too speak to you 2 before i pick a date then :eek: :eek:

stoney
18th October 2007, 11:15 AM
so who is the old fart then ?

Scottie
18th October 2007, 12:20 PM
+1 boring old fart.:p Andy must be the other one.;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
18th October 2007, 07:37 PM
+1 boring old fart.:p Andy must be the other one.;) :D

Not guilty.

in fact, just voted yes. But would depend on day, dates and weather for me. ;)

The Dogfather
18th October 2007, 07:44 PM
I tried to organise a night run (The Twilight Run), the idea was to drive the Northern Coast Road on the longest day's night. It wouldn't have been totally dark but at least the roads, which are great, would have been empty. Nearly everyone dropped out near the time..........

Good luck though, I would attend if it was Southern Scotland....... and the weather was good.

N12 JLK
18th October 2007, 08:29 PM
Wouldnt be up for a night run as I get a bath at 7pm , :rolleyes:

vintageb3
18th October 2007, 08:36 PM
Don't know if I would go on a night run TBH.

Daytime is for work, play...

Night time is for ZZZ z z z z z z

mark

N12 JLK
18th October 2007, 08:37 PM
Don't know if I would go on a night run TBH.

Daytime is for work, play...

Night time is for ZZZ z z z z z z

mark

Beds no for z z z z z,

It's for reading:)

stoney
18th October 2007, 08:41 PM
well this was just for intrest the now will see what happen but keep your eye on the mini meets

sedgie
18th October 2007, 09:41 PM
@ the mo....i cannae go on any runs:( :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

Crombers
19th October 2007, 05:03 AM
I tried to organise a night run (The Twilight Run), the idea was to drive the Northern Coast Road on the longest day's night. It wouldn't have been totally dark but at least the roads, which are great, would have been empty. Nearly everyone dropped out near the time..........

Good luck though, I would attend if it was Southern Scotland....... and the weather was good.

Yup I remember this one. Wonder if this would get the votes 2nd time round as the idea was a belter (especially as it came from the 'little fella')

bpirie1000
19th October 2007, 09:38 AM
when and where?

stoney
19th October 2007, 06:57 PM
when and where?

it not pland yet but will prob be central scotland and some time in the winter depends on all sorts of things this it just a poll for intrest too see who would be up for doing a night run

V11kae
20th October 2007, 09:58 PM
You only live the once, rather have learned from mistakes than not lived at all!

stoney
21st October 2007, 08:16 AM
You only live the once, rather have learned from mistakes than not lived at all!

good for you thats what i like to here :D :D