PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Valve Cover's

N12 JLK
15th October 2007, 07:58 PM
Got 4 chrome tyre valve cover's yesterday from Kwik Fit, they slide over the valve once you have taken off the valve cap, Look better than the black stalk thats behind them. £1 each.

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2007, 08:13 PM
Got 4 chrome tyre valve cover's yesterday from Kwik Fit, they slide over the valve once you have taken off the valve cap, Look better than the black stalk thats behind them. £1 each.

Jason, I give it a week before some theiving scumbag has them off your car.

We had some lovely "S" logo valve caps on our MINI, courtesy of Mrs Scottiecoop and they lasted about a week also.:mad: :mad: :mad:

A.

N12 JLK
15th October 2007, 08:22 PM
we have locking valve caps on .
These covers slide over the black valve stalks and you put your locking valve caps on top.

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2007, 08:35 PM
we have locking valve caps on .
These covers slide over the black valve stalks and you put your locking valve caps on top.

Ah. I see.

Hmmmm.

Will have a wee looky next time we see each other.;)

A.:D

N12 JLK
15th October 2007, 08:37 PM
See you June;)

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2007, 08:40 PM
See you June;)

Who's June?

N12 JLK
15th October 2007, 08:42 PM
May's sister

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2007, 08:43 PM
May's sister

I know her.;)

Don't tell Lenore.:o

euan
15th October 2007, 09:08 PM
We had a set if locking valves on my old man's mini, but someone still walked off with them.

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2007, 09:21 PM
We had a set if locking valves on my old man's mini, but someone still walked off with them.

I've also heard horror stories about locking valves, where they corrode and jam on the stem. Have to get the tyre deflated and taken out to get them off.:(

A.:(

euan
15th October 2007, 09:40 PM
Yup, I heard those too, that's why when the car was garaged they were loosened off and then tightened up again before the car was driven.

Mind you, on an old mini, rusting valve caps is the least of your worries, it's the rest of the car you worry about!

Clare1
16th October 2007, 10:15 AM
:D MINI now do some cool Chequered or Union Jack Valve Covers :D

Gismo
16th October 2007, 10:21 AM
I've also heard horror stories about locking valves, where they corrode and jam on the stem. Have to get the tyre deflated and taken out to get them off.:(

A.:(
Just ask Big Col (remember him) about the trouble he had getting his off

AndyP & Lenore
16th October 2007, 10:23 AM
Just ask Big Col (remember him) about the trouble he had getting his off

It was actually the Service Manager at Dunedin Selkirk who told us about the problems with locking valve caps.

Put us right off the idea.

S7JGW
16th October 2007, 02:53 PM
I was once told by a local car shop that the crome cover sleeve things for the valves are ok for shows but wouldnt recomend driving around all the time with them as they can rub at the valve underneath and cause damage. Not sure how true it is but id keep an aye on it.

Jim