PDA

View Full Version : Gone and done it..Mikey upgrade...

FergusM
15th October 2007, 04:30 PM
Well, after seeing the special offer Mikey is is offering on Mini2 http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-interior-ice/147934-newministuff-r56-stereo-upgrade-special-offer-mini2-members.html ...I've just paid for the stereo upgrade for my car :)

...now just have to work out when I can get down to get it installed.

ooo...also getting Parrot Bluetooth Evo car kit fitted at same point....:D

Wife will kill me when she find out....:(

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2007, 04:36 PM
would love the Parrot bluetooth kit, but I find the upgraded stereo sound system fine for us, but we're not really car audiophiles.

A.:D

FergusM
15th October 2007, 04:41 PM
I only have the standard boost stereo that comes with chilli pack... always planned to get the mikey upgrade so never ticked the "hi-fi" option. Heard to many mixed reviews and the "saving" goes towards the cost of the Mikey upgrade...

AndyP & Lenore
15th October 2007, 05:41 PM
I only have the standard boost stereo that comes with chilli pack... always planned to get the mikey upgrade so never ticked the "hi-fi" option. Heard to many mixed reviews and the "saving" goes towards the cost of the Mikey upgrade...

Ahhh. Didn't realise you only had standard. Yes, the standard hifi is a bit pants. I'm sure you'll see a big difference with Mikey's kit.

A.;)

ianking
15th October 2007, 08:39 PM
Ive got Mikes full kit and its superb. Much better than the standard and the hi-fi upgrade.

N12 JLK
15th October 2007, 08:41 PM
Standards enough!
I said STANDARDS ENOUGH, Sorry Ive gone deaf:)

Scottie
15th October 2007, 08:43 PM
yes Mike's kit is good and improves the sound no doubt about it. However his E36 upgrade is about 100 thousand time better.:D Top guy and does a top job.

ianking
15th October 2007, 09:01 PM
I suppose his kit does have limitations on the R56 though in the sense that he has to use the original mini hi-fi. At least all the speakers are powered via a massive kenwood amp though. :D

FergusM
15th October 2007, 11:04 PM
Definitely limitations when the standard stereo is still used... but will probably be as good as I can get...and should look 100% standard which I do like.

ianking
16th October 2007, 08:23 AM
The sound has much more clarity to it now and when you up the bass a bit sounds amazing. Not boom boom boom though but just really good. Its enough anyway. Even if you need to turn the volume quite far up it doesnt distort.

KenL
16th October 2007, 08:58 AM
I've only ever heard good words about his work.

FergusM
16th October 2007, 09:22 AM
Just a pity he's not closer !

...his reputation is what is making me drive to Liverpool just to get work done.

illegalhunter
18th October 2007, 06:40 AM
i WOULD GET THE 3100 PARROT

Gismo
18th October 2007, 08:20 AM
Nice one, you won't be disappointed :cool:

FergusM
18th October 2007, 08:37 AM
i WOULD GET THE 3100 PARROT

Looked at that... but want no display... dont talk a lot in the car, was almost not going to bother at all but the wee bluetooth ear piece I use presently is always uncharged when I actually want to use it... I know, my fault...

...and I am getting a good deal on the cost :)

Gismo
18th October 2007, 08:53 AM
the wee bluetooth ear piece I use presently is always uncharged when I actually want to use it... I know, my fault...
:eek: soz, i always laugh when i see folk wearing these silly looking things whilst driving along the road, it's like something out of the terminator :o
Glad you opted for the Parrot, i have one of them in my MINI, excellent

vintageb3
18th October 2007, 07:52 PM
Is the parrot deceased?:D

mark

ianking
18th October 2007, 09:16 PM
Sir, this parrot is dead.

No it isnt :D :D :D

vintageb3
18th October 2007, 09:30 PM
;) On the ball Ian!