PDA

View Full Version : Its Awesome

illegalhunter
12th October 2007, 09:12 PM
Well my Type R is run in , its so quick . When you hit the 5500 revs the Vtec light comes on, them woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Its flying, the noise from the exhaust is like a forumlar 1 car.Only problem is the fuel consumptiom . Vteced the life out of today & its down to 19mpg . Thank feck for the company fuel card. Now dump the Mini and get a Honda lol:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FergusM
12th October 2007, 10:09 PM
Nahhh....like the turbo..and 19mpg...yikes ;)

illegalhunter
12th October 2007, 10:45 PM
Still whip your ass with out the turbo. Although it dont handle like the Mini

FergusM
13th October 2007, 09:06 AM
Did not think there was enough in it for you to whip a MCS's ass ? If it is I'll have to start saving for the JCW tuning kit.

illegalhunter
14th October 2007, 10:20 AM
Did not think there was enough in it for you to whip a MCS's ass ? If it is I'll have to start saving for the JCW tuning kit.
Did you get the gearbox problem sorted out Fergus?

FergusM
14th October 2007, 10:52 AM
Nope...did not act up when Menzies had it for the day :( Has acted up every day since, though only about once a day.

Not sure what to do now, and shame they don't take my word that it is not right and try to fix it. Suppose I'll have to wait and see if I can get it repeatably to crunch..then take it back in. Though does seem worse at cold so maybe try Douglas Park as just down the road from me.

illegalhunter
14th October 2007, 04:59 PM
Sound like your being told the same as everybody else" its your imagination". Stay back from Parks they said mine was" performing well"

vintageb3
14th October 2007, 09:06 PM
And would find a dealership that has a service department.;)

mark

FergusM
15th October 2007, 12:03 PM
Sound like your being told the same as everybody else" its your imagination". Stay back from Parks they said mine was" performing well"

Don't see I have much choice but to try them... when my car went into Menzies by time I paid £10 for the loan car petrol, used at least £10 of my own petrol and insured their car (£35 a day !!! with my insurer)....£55 a day to get told they can't replicate the fault....and then nothing happens !

Where as Douglas Park is within 10 minutes of my house...and I could get a lift to/from it...and with car being cold it might show issue.

Not sure why Menzies can't take my word that the gearbox crunches...and it is widely reported issue on mini2 http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-faults-fixes/134447-gearbox-problems-rejection-agreed.html .... and just try to fix it, drives me nuts that they have to hear it !

So Douglas Park will be getting the next go...might just arrange that I take a technician out until I can get it to do it...

And they might also hear the dash rattle as well..