PDA

View Full Version : Bio Fuel - pre budget announcement

Scottie
11th October 2007, 08:13 PM
According to our less than illustrious government under the renewable transport fuel obligations scheme all petrol and diesel sold on forecourts will have to include 2.5% biofuel by next April.By 2010 this will increase to 5%.

This worries me somewhat as I am not sure currently how many cars will be able to run safely on this stuff without buggering up the fuel pump.
Are the mandarins conspiring to get us off the road by legal sabotage or will we be safe?

Better read my manual see what it says about bio fuel. Hopefully there will not be enough in the mix to affect the car.

N12 JLK
11th October 2007, 08:20 PM
Dig deeper into this Miss Marple and tell us if the MINI is suited for this;)

Scottie
11th October 2007, 08:29 PM
Dig deeper into this Miss Marple and tell us if the MINI is suited for this;)

just don't go fitting the JCW upgrade anytime soon.

At the moment some manufacturers blend bio with fuel in compliance with European Standard 590 which is what you can get in Mainland Europe. Mainly diesel I would say. So it will not be a massive leap for it to be put in our forescourts in otherwards they are already making the stuff just not selling here

I am sure they will still sell "sport" fuel on the forecourt but you can be sure this will suffer in the price department. Another way for the goverment to make more money if you want to pollute you have to pay,

AndyP & Lenore
11th October 2007, 10:08 PM
Are the mandarins conspiring to get us off the road by legal sabotage .......?

YES!

Not happy.:(

illegalhunter
11th October 2007, 11:24 PM
It will wreck all new engines