PDA

View Full Version : Pride of Britain awards

Scottie
10th October 2007, 09:39 PM
Jeez.

I going to be dehydrated by the time the show ends with all my "greeting"

duncan
10th October 2007, 10:00 PM
I'm only watching it as my Sisters other half is a Fire Officer, and is at the same station as the Perth Fireman who's up for an award.

However, the children are pretty amazing and deserve all the recognition they get.

Scottie
10th October 2007, 10:18 PM
I'm only watching it as my Sisters other half is a Fire Officer, and is at the same station as the Perth Fireman who's up for an award.

However, the children are pretty amazing and deserve all the recognition they get.

I know a Fireman at Perth. is there more than one station. His first name is Russell.

duncan
10th October 2007, 11:12 PM
I know a Fireman at Perth. is there more than one station. His first name is Russell.
Yeah, there's only 1 Fire station in Perth. He's not Russell tho. I'll ask him the next time I see him though.

Off Topic, I saw TH02RNE in Larbert yesterday. Was on the way to the temporary training school.

Scottie
10th October 2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, there's only 1 Fire station in Perth. He's not Russell tho. I'll ask him the next time I see him though.

Off Topic, I saw TH02RNE in Larbert yesterday. Was on the way to the temporary training school.

That's us.:D

Trying to remember his surname he was a mate of my brother so he will be about 48 or 49 now he may no longer be a fireman.

On a side note my brother stayed in Perth for many years he was a brickie for the railway not sure if he was employed by them or contracted anyway he pulled a body out of the tay near one of the inches a few of them got a rope around the guys ankle and pulled him in to the side the body had been in the water for a while and his leg fell off when tugged.LOL but true story.

vintageb3
10th October 2007, 11:52 PM
You're pulling our leg!:rolleyes:

mark

Scottie
11th October 2007, 07:35 AM
You're pulling our leg!:rolleyes:

mark

you took your time:D

vintageb3
11th October 2007, 07:38 AM
:( Sorry...I think you can see it coming by now...

:)

mark

Burple
12th October 2007, 10:28 AM
We watched a bit of this, and at one point we just sat and stared at the tv open mouthed, then I'm afraid to say we giggled like eejits for about 10 minutes!!

During the shocking story where the young lad protected his family from the guy who smashed into their house and started wrecking the place with the cleaver.. obviously a horrendous thing to happen to anyone.. but did anyone notice the music they were playing when the young lad came out onto stage?

It was Snow Patrol's "Spitting Games"... the first line of which is...

"I broke into your house last night"... :eek::eek:

I really REALLY want to know if it was intentional.. :D:D:D