PDA

View Full Version : run flats

T100L
10th October 2007, 12:46 PM
any peeps tried the aftermarket gp wheel & tyres on ebay, e/g full packagetres +wheels) delivered we toyos 215/35/18 £700, or ps2 non run flats at £600 205/40/18's at £600 tyres only:confused:

japper
10th October 2007, 04:04 PM
any peeps tried the aftermarket gp wheel & tyres on ebay, e/g full packagetres +wheels) delivered we toyos 215/35/18 £700, or ps2 non run flats at £600 205/40/18's at £600 tyres only:confused:

That's not cheap for tyres only.:eek:

Mytyres online do 205/40/18 runflats in either Dunlop or Bridgestone guise at around £133 each delivered.

The new Bridgestone runflat ( Gen 2 ) is far better than even the Dunlops.

T100L
10th October 2007, 05:14 PM
That's not cheap for tyres only.:eek:

Mytyres online do 205/40/18 runflats in either Dunlop or Bridgestone guise at around £133 each delivered.

The new Bridgestone runflat ( Gen 2 ) is far better than even the Dunlops.
£133 X 4 =£532 ,Only £68 of a diff, and includes balance & sweat:p for a known brand:rolleyes:

japper
12th October 2007, 07:21 AM
£133 X 4 =£532 ,Only £68 of a diff, and includes balance & sweat:p for a known brand:rolleyes:

Was meant as a comparison. The PS2's are non runflat so will be even cheaper. You didn't sate the £600 inc. fitting too!.

Never rated Mich tyres either, heavy, expensive and over rated.

illegalhunter
12th October 2007, 07:54 AM
get a tim of gunk & save a fortune

KenL
12th October 2007, 03:05 PM

These tins of gunk are not a guaranteed fix though.

vintageb3
12th October 2007, 05:04 PM

Does that tin of gunk help prevent a blow out and the car turning on its lid?...

Does it safegaurd against having to "gunk" on over the brow of a hill in the pitch dark?

I do think there are valid resoans for choosing runflats.

mark

Gismo
14th October 2007, 09:32 AM
Does that tin of gunk help prevent a blow out and the car turning on its lid?...

Does it safegaurd against having to "gunk" on over the brow of a hill in the pitch dark?

I do think there are valid resoans for choosing runflats.

mark
I sadly suffered an inner tyre wall puncture on a low peofile non run flat tyre whilst on a Mini run, outcome was i was left stranded in Pitlochry waitin ffor Mini Assist to take me home :(
The gunk simply went straight through the puncture, hence the reason why i will never use "normal" tyres again

JCWmini
21st October 2007, 08:03 AM
I'm not entierly convinced by some of the arguments for Fun Flats, but i would say that if the car was my wifes and not mine then i would have no issue with keeping them. For me the extra hassel if you get a puncture (Really not that common) is outweighed by the significant improvment in ride quallity, better tyre choice, better tyre performance and cheaper tyres by about 25%.

I will be swapping to 215/45-17's as soon a my wallet allows.

vintageb3
21st October 2007, 08:44 AM
I'm not entierly convinced by some of the arguments for Fun Flats,

You may be entirely convinced when you have your next puncture..or your car is parked on a wall on its roof though;)

Don't get me wrong here...every other vehicle I have owned...and own at present...ran/run on non runflats.

But all those other motors had/have roofs on them

mark

Gismo
21st October 2007, 09:24 AM
I'm not entierly convinced by some of the arguments for Fun Flats, but i would say that if the car was my wifes and not mine then i would have no issue with keeping them. For me the extra hassel if you get a puncture (Really not that common) is outweighed by the significant improvment in ride quallity, better tyre choice, better tyre performance and cheaper tyres by about 25%.

I will be swapping to 215/45-17's as soon a my wallet allows.
Everyone has their own choice, i see you place your wife's security/safety way above your own :eek:

JCWmini
21st October 2007, 09:47 AM
i see you place your wife's security/safety way above your own :eek:

Yes thats right :rolleyes: