PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place for tyres??

the alchemist
9th October 2007, 05:16 PM
First of all Hi folks, have been registered for while but havnt posted or been on site as persuing other interests. I own a 53 plate cooper S when im not in my humble 69 VW camper (sacrilage i no).

Anyhow, intros over, im requiring 2 new front tyres goodyear 195x55x16 run flats and was wondering if someone could point me in right direction or if anyone reading this has some for sale please get in touch. Any help would be much appreciated

Frank

Gismo
9th October 2007, 05:51 PM
Wow, almost a year before you made your first post :eek:
Sorry, can't help in your tyre quest, but, i don't think you can get them much cheaper than the dealer

the alchemist
9th October 2007, 05:56 PM
Looking costs me money which i dont have cos im a student!! 2 easily sucked in by all the add ons and mods, maybe once i qualify!!!

But ta for pointing that out!!!!! :p

KenL
9th October 2007, 06:16 PM
Have you looked at BlackCircles?

vintageb3
9th October 2007, 06:29 PM
Cheapest place for Mini tyres (and wheels too) that I know of is Menzies in Stirling.

And they are a site sponser!!!!;)

They usually have all sizes and styles

Just take along your own jack and set of spoons...

Best time is 3.45am...cause that's the time that the nightwwatch man nips home for a call of nature;)

:D

mark

Scottie
9th October 2007, 07:05 PM
ignore vintageb3 (marks) post:D he has a way with him not.:p on making new members welcome:rolleyes: .

I would just phone round all your local tyre dealers or try bits in grangemouth.

sedgie
9th October 2007, 07:06 PM
Cheapest place i have found....is Grassicks in Perth....give them a call...for a BMW dealer mega cheap on tyres:D

AeroJonny
10th October 2007, 01:12 AM
It'd probably help if you told people where you are! I get my tyres from Collins Tyre Services in Johnstone and they're plenty cheaper than the local dealers and your usual tyre places eg. Kwik Fit, National Tyres. Their standards of service are fantastic and they know MINIs well (in part due to me ;))

The Dogfather
10th October 2007, 07:16 AM
Got any the pics of the VW? Anyhoo try Turriff Tyres cheapest in the UK I reckon. They'll send them via courier if you're too far away to visit.

euan
10th October 2007, 09:20 AM
I find the cheapest tyres online (my tyres, black circles etc) and get the dealer to price match - they don't always manage it, but they get close.

Got £45 quid off the last 2 I needed from a main dealer.

Duncan Stewart
10th October 2007, 01:42 PM
I did the same as Euan - get the cheapest quote then my Mini dealer (Dundee) matched it :D

FergusM
10th October 2007, 01:51 PM
I always use A1 Tyres in East Kilbride...always found them to be the cheapest around (even against internet) for all my cars.

Plus point is they are very careful when changing tyres and I've never had any scrapes etc as a reults of their work.

the alchemist
11th October 2007, 04:59 PM
Got any the pics of the VW? Anyhoo try Turriff Tyres cheapest in the UK I reckon. They'll send them via courier if you're too far away to visit.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/gambit_67/PICT0605.jpg

(Ignore loon in front, oh its a left hooker and sorry if this offends).

Thanks for all the help and im from Greenock, its no great but will do for noo!!

Frank

sedgie
11th October 2007, 07:03 PM
WOW :eek: :cool: :cool: .....great camper :D :D :D

The Dogfather
11th October 2007, 07:09 PM
That's pretty cool, I've love on but I hear they are a little unreliable and cost over £10k for a reasonable one, OUCH!

the alchemist
12th October 2007, 12:28 PM
That's pretty cool, I've love on but I hear they are a little unreliable and cost over £10k for a reasonable one, OUCH!

Mine is very reliable and covered over 4000 miles in summer never once letting me down and that included 8 hour each way trip to Worcester for vanfest last month. Got this one for snip and is totally mint as bought it during winter months when prices drop but your in right bracket for summer prices, anything between £8-10 k!

Big Gordy
12th October 2007, 01:09 PM
Awsome ride there:cool:
I would paint it two tone though.......surfs up dude:D
Is the front bumper tied on...:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

AeroJonny
12th October 2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for all the help and im from Greenock, its no great but will do for noo!!

Frank

Frank, I'm just up the road in Kilmacolm, so Collins Tyres is nice and close. They beat the prices of all the Greenock tyre places as well as Performance Tyres (who supplied my dealer's tyres). Their number and address is:
Collins Tyre Services Ltd
42 Beith Rd
Johnstone, PA5 8YE

01505 336666Tell them Jim Mackie told you to call (he's my Dad...who also happens to play golf with the owner ;))

Burple
12th October 2007, 02:09 PM
Ooo.. wicked bus! :cool::cool:
I'd love one of those too, but probably an slightly older split screen one..

...and the wish list would definitely include some Porsche 'oomph' :D

vintageb3
12th October 2007, 05:08 PM
But...Isn't this just a caravan?...thought you didn't like caravans?:eek:

mark

Ivano
12th October 2007, 06:40 PM
Love the Camper..... The Empei wheels look great. I always wanted a Cal Look Beetle when i was younger.

the alchemist
13th October 2007, 11:24 AM
But...Isn't this just a caravan?...thought you didn't like caravans?:eek:

mark

We'll have less o that thanx!!

Dont want to split hairs but wheels are actually american eagles which illegally ripped off porsche fuch design and subsequentlyforced to destroy the mould so not too many of them about.