PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wheels Finally Fitted

Ivano
9th October 2007, 02:40 PM
I have just taken off my JCW alloys today and put the 15" Pepper pots on that i bought on ebay. The tyres are non Run Flat and what a difference im feeling already the car seems to feel so much better on the road and not as harsh... The car is definitely sitting lower too with the coilovers and i have also removed the spacers as these are no longer required as i seem to have plenty of space between the inner wheel and the Coilover strut probably due to the fact that the alloys are narrower and its only a 175 tyre compared to the 205 on the JCW's.

The car doesn't look as good now but hey its only for a few months, then the shiny alloys will come back out in the Spring.

vintageb3
9th October 2007, 05:31 PM
I'm getting near to sticking on my 15"s as well...same as you...pepper pots.

I must admit I do love them!

Wished they were a bit wider though :(

mark

Ivano
9th October 2007, 06:48 PM
The car looks a bit like a John Cooper Challenge racing car now with the way it sits now with the Lowered Suspension and the Pepperpots... I believe the Club Class cars still all run with the Pepperpots.

vintageb3
9th October 2007, 06:50 PM
What size of tyres do they have on then?...the racing guys I mean

mark

Mini Ecosse
10th October 2007, 10:26 AM
Winter wheels and tyres fitted. Back to go kart like driving with the run flats! All twitchy and bouncy!
Stephen

Burple
10th October 2007, 10:42 AM
Mine are going on soon too.. (15" Rockets tho)
After an 'interesting' drive into work yesterday on very wet leaf-covered roads with lots of standing water...

Probably this weekend if I get the chance!

choc
10th October 2007, 10:47 AM
am away 2 put on my 15inch steels with crappy wheel trims ,looks crap but the michelin tyres are superb in the winter

Big Gordy
10th October 2007, 11:05 AM
am away 2 put on my 15inch steels with crappy wheel trims ,looks crap but the michelin tyres are superb in the winter
I couldn't agree more:D Plus you get less road noise as well:cool:
They do look pants tho :(
I'll be putting ours back on after the next Knockhill meet:rolleyes: Don't want to be on track with steelies on :eek: :eek: :eek: :o :D

vintageb3
10th October 2007, 11:54 AM
Mine are going on soon too.. (15" Rockets tho)
After an 'interesting' drive into work yesterday on very wet leave-covered roads with lots of standing water...

You should get advice from Andy Poole about driving on standing water...

I'm sure he's an expert on this very subject;) :p :D

mark

Big Gordy
10th October 2007, 12:34 PM
And Craig's an expert in driving through rushing water :p ;) :D :cool:

Duncan Stewart
10th October 2007, 01:48 PM
You canny beat a good set of 15"s, I run them all year :D

The racers run 195/55 tyres on 15inch rims which I've always thought about trying in summer for a bit more grip but I keep buying sets of 15 inch alloys with good tyres instead as the're cheaper than new tyres! :p (tight fifer ;))

vintageb3
10th October 2007, 07:56 PM

Fir the heed Big man!;)

mark

Crombers
10th October 2007, 08:38 PM

Oucha !! :D

G19RNT
10th October 2007, 08:50 PM
can you fit 195s to standard mini 15s?i thot about doin that but was informed that the rim was 2 narrow i quite like my rockets just dislike the narrow tyres

ajamesj
10th October 2007, 08:51 PM
I fitted my winter wheels back on yesterday 16" blasters car looks weird after havin my 18" lensos on for the past month but it was starting to get slippy

Craig
10th October 2007, 08:55 PM

easy now there big fella... ;)

put my winter tyres on also, but they are 17"s... :cool:

Ivano
12th October 2007, 06:16 PM
I'm really enjoying these Pepperpots with the Non Run Flats, the car seems to be running so much better.. I gave them a right good clean up today and they came up well considering i only paid £80 on E-Bay for them.

The car is sitting very low now especially at the front, sooo low in fact that yesterday there was a dead hedgehog lying in the middle of the road and my front lower lip managed to drag the poor thing along the road. So speed bumps are now going to be a major problem now and that is the car sitting at aprrox 30mm lower on the Coilovers. i don't think i could've driven it on the previous 50mm lowered stance with the Pepper Pots.....

The car sits good though, i like the look now.....

Right i am off now before i have the RSPCA after me but the Hedgehog was already dead........... Honest!!!

vintageb3
12th October 2007, 06:52 PM
pics???:rolleyes: :D

mark

Ivano
13th October 2007, 01:09 PM
I have no pics with the Pepperpots yet....... only with my JCW's which the lower lip also used to scrape on everything.... Will try and get some shots taken with the Pepperpots but i plan to be up at Knockhill on the 21st for the racing anyway...

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14&d=1182352191