PDA

View Full Version : What do we need

N12 JLK
5th October 2007, 10:40 PM
to do to get more people to use the site , remember going back 6-9 months ago this site was thriving with posts , banter etc. Lets hope its not going to run out of steam and end :( , never mind me and Andy and the few regulars will keep it going.
Whats happened to the staff at Menzies, Eastern they used to post regular, or have they been banned from posting.
Brooney you better post soon or the picture will appear again, Clair are you still alive in Menzies?

N12 JLK
5th October 2007, 10:43 PM
If I get 15 hits or more demanding the pic I may post the PICTURE again.:D

AndyP & Lenore
5th October 2007, 11:15 PM
I don't think it's as bad as you make out J.

Everything goes through quiet spells and everyone goes through busy times.

Not so long ago, we were saying... "I wonder what's happened to Jason Nicol. I miss his sense of humour...... NOT! " LOL

A.:D :D :D

Mini Ecosse
6th October 2007, 11:47 AM
Still here, busy at moment, but usually log on daily to see what is happening!
Another post nearer to seeing Broon's photo!;) :)

illegalhunter
6th October 2007, 12:26 PM
ssshhhhh were sleeping

duncan
6th October 2007, 12:34 PM
Posting an "in joke" photo is probably the last thing this site needs.
Its very cliquey.

Scottie
6th October 2007, 06:32 PM
Its very cliquey.

Duncan. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-032.gif I'll be in your gang.;)

vintageb3
6th October 2007, 08:16 PM
Its very cliquey.

Yer no gettin yer baw back...so **** off round yer ain back te play:D

mark

AeroJonny
6th October 2007, 09:27 PM
I'm on near enough every single day, I just don't seem to have a great deal to say for myself!

Mini Martyn
8th October 2007, 09:12 PM
This seems to be a common complaint at the moment, from another forum i am on they are saying the same thing that their isnt many new people joining, strange but i dont know what can be done to get new members??! Maybe get a couple of billboards on the road side with the web address on it??

Coop
8th October 2007, 09:17 PM
I think its a vicious circle kinda thing... fewer people posting means fewer replies, less posts to answer etc. I think advertising would be a great idea - maybe if everyone printed off flyers and went round a multi storey looking for Mini's? Im sure that some folk will have better ideas than that but its a start.

N12 JLK
8th October 2007, 09:18 PM
More leaflets on MINI windscreens and showrooms to hand leaflets out??

Modern MINI also seem to have lost interest in us also. :mad:

Scottie
8th October 2007, 09:48 PM
we had 80 members visit the site today. So we should at least have 80 posts.:confused:

N12 JLK
8th October 2007, 09:51 PM
There was a thread with flyers to print off, think that was on the old site. We used to keep a few in the cars and stick them on folks windscreens. But have ran out.:(

AndyP & Lenore
8th October 2007, 10:04 PM
Here's the link to the Flyer PDF.

Flyer PDF (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/Flier.pdf)

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
8th October 2007, 10:08 PM
I've also created a new thread in Site Feedback with a link to the flyers and I've made that thread a sticky.

scottymc
8th October 2007, 11:10 PM
all forums do this, its summer people on holiday, lighter nights etc. things will pick up over the winter again.

s12cot
9th October 2007, 08:00 AM
all forums do this, its summer people on holiday, lighter nights etc. things will pick up over the winter again.

thought this was winter:D :rolleyes: :eek:

FergusM
9th October 2007, 08:25 AM
Certainly dark an dull enough to count as winter ;)

aid
9th October 2007, 09:05 AM
some kind of advertising is defo best

as this is a Scottish site could Mini2 (largest mini community on the planet) not do an advert on its site to help a fellow mini site out.

I was a member of Mini2 for weeks and weeks before i found out about NMS

p.s i always tell new mini owners i meet to check out the pages

AndyP & Lenore
9th October 2007, 09:46 AM
some kind of advertising is defo best

as this is a Scottish site could Mini2 (largest mini community on the planet) not do an advert on its site to help a fellow mini site out.

I was a member of Mini2 for weeks and weeks before i found out about NMS

p.s i always tell new mini owners i meet to check out the pages

Aid, not sure MINI2 would be interested in pushing traffic away from their own web site. As far as I can see MINI2 is paid for by commercial sponsors and Google AdWords. The more traffic they retain and click on their googleads the more income they get. Driving traffic away is not good business sense.

As for advertising, even a modest low key (nationwide) advertising campaign, would run to £thousands - more likely tens of £th - depending on scale and penetration. I know the site is supported with commercial sponsors and being honest, I have no idea how much they pay, but I seriously doubt it stretches to cover any sort of advertising budget.

Can't beat word of mouth.;)

Our annual advertising spend in the cinema is in the region of £20,000. And most of that is swallowed up in a small programme advert in our local weekly newspaper.:(

A.;)

aid
9th October 2007, 01:40 PM
ah well guess i'll be getting the printer out and start posting on other mini's window in the car park:D

AndyP & Lenore
9th October 2007, 01:41 PM
ah well guess i'll be getting the printer out and start posting on other mini's window in the car park:D

That's the spirit.;)

The Dogfather
9th October 2007, 01:47 PM
You could make it MINIUK to widen the appeal, but the sites popularity reflects the fact that the MINI no longer has the cult status it used to have.

How about a readers wives section? Not sure it'll bring in the kind of audience your expecting though :D ;)

Burple
9th October 2007, 02:16 PM
You could make it MINIUK to widen the appeal, but the sites popularity reflects the fact that the MINI no longer has the cult status it used to have.

Sadly.. this is more likely the cause, as we've all seen to a greater or lesser degree in the amount of 'Mini waving' that goes on these days.

How about a readers wives section? Not sure it'll bring in the kind of audience your expecting though :D ;)HA ha ha.. ok.. so there's two responses to that one..
Either the "OhMyGod, I've just been sick a little into my mouth" or the " PHWWWOOOOAAAAARRRR!!!! Look at the bumpers on THAT!"

Ooh... which way to go... which way to go..... :D:D

aid
9th October 2007, 06:40 PM
How about a readers wives section? Not sure it'll bring in the kind of audience your expecting though :D ;)[/QUOTE]

thats not fair i dont have a wife!!!!!!!! make it readers wives / girlfriends and now your in business
:D

sedgie
9th October 2007, 07:04 PM
wot about "readers hubby's"!?????:p :p :p

AndyP & Lenore
9th October 2007, 07:42 PM
wot about "readers hubby's"!?????:p :p :p

Naw. I've seen your hubby. And that was when he was wearing clothes. Naw.:(

sedgie
9th October 2007, 08:22 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: ......nooooooo neeed:p ;) :D

Clare1
12th October 2007, 04:15 PM
to do to get more people to use the site , remember going back 6-9 months ago this site was thriving with posts , banter etc. Lets hope its not going to run out of steam and end :( , never mind me and Andy and the few regulars will keep it going.
Whats happened to the staff at Menzies, Eastern they used to post regular, or have they been banned from posting.
Brooney you better post soon or the picture will appear again, Clair are you still alive in Menzies?

Im here! Im alive!

Ive been really busy with New Registrations, and im just back from Berlin on the International Clubman Launch:D. Its hard to find time to post sometimes but i try to as much as poss!