PDA

View Full Version : Strange R56 Fault?

ianking
4th October 2007, 01:33 PM
Over the last week my car (feb 2007 built R56 S) keeps comming up with the flat tyre warning on the rev counter display. The traction control symbol and the handbrake lights illuminate on the rev counter as well. Presumably to tell me to stop and check the tyre pressures. The lights come on (along with the annoying beeb beeb beeb beeb beeb) after I have been driving for about 1 minute. They then go off after about 20 seconds. I have been to the petrol station about 3 times this week to check the pressures all round and they are all spot on.
My front tyres are needing changed in the next month or so as they are nearly down to the wear indicators. Not sure if its relevant or not. Surely the car cant detect this.

Anyone else had any experience of this.

I did have a new shape 5 series as a courtesy car a while back that kept saying it had a flat tyre but all the pressures were fine. When I took it back they said that this was a common fault and they would reset it before giving it out again.

FergusM
4th October 2007, 01:41 PM
You tried just re-setting the tyre pressure monitor ? Probably set when tyres new so might be enough of a difference to cause issues...???

ianking
4th October 2007, 02:04 PM
Is there a reset button on the R56? I know where it was on my last mini but its not in the same place for the R56.

FergusM
4th October 2007, 02:16 PM
Built into the OBC, I can see that beside my rev counter, can also access it through the stereo controls. The manual will tell you how to do it.

KenL
4th October 2007, 07:15 PM
Over the last week my car (feb 2007 built R56 S) keeps comming up with the flat tyre warning on the rev counter display. The traction control symbol and the handbrake lights illuminate on the rev counter as well. Presumably to tell me to stop and check the tyre pressures. The lights come on (along with the annoying beeb beeb beeb beeb beeb) after I have been driving for about 1 minute. They then go off after about 20 seconds.

I think this indicates there is a fault or like someone says, it needs reset.

I would reset it and if it happens again, have a word with the dealer.

Craig
4th October 2007, 09:59 PM
Jings, it's a fault I haven't come across........yet. ;)

illegalhunter
4th October 2007, 10:08 PM
Jings, it's a fault I have come across........yet. ;)
Wait till tomorrow Craig lol

Gorbash12346
5th October 2007, 01:35 AM
reset the rpa... using the button on for the obc (left hand indicator stalk the button on the end go into the settings one and find rpa or the tyre pressure wanring light symbol, when you get there hold the button down until a ticked box appears beside it.. though the other warning lights suggest a wheel speed sensor fault do this first before saying it is faulty, it needs rest every time you change your tyre pressures or wheels and or tyres as it goes by the diameter of the wheel in comparison to the others i.e. wheel speed differences between each wheel over a set distance

KenL
5th October 2007, 05:10 PM
Jings, it's a fault I haven't come across........yet. ;)

Pretty common fault on the R50, which had a lot of electronic gremlins.