PDA

View Full Version : Tyres where to buy them

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 08:50 PM
I am needing tyres for my E36.

Where is the best place to buy them to save me some ££££

Locally.

has any one bought from the online stores.???

ianking
2nd October 2007, 09:39 PM
its not exactly next door to you but Ostles in Galashiels (next to the big ASDA) are excellent. They really know their stuff and wont rob you either. They take very good care of the car and the wheels. Its the only place I will buy tyres from.

AndyP uses them as well.

Craig
2nd October 2007, 09:53 PM
told you before Fiona, Forsyths are VERY good and never did any damage to any of my alloys (including the Axis wheels). They even fixed a problem with a wheel for Crombers which a national chain couldn't fix (and for less money!!) :D

or, try WH Tyres in Bonnybridge (next to Pro-grip), they are also very good for service - not bought tyres from them tho.. :)

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 09:59 PM
told you before Fiona, Forsyths are VERY good and never did any damage to any of my alloys (including the Axis wheels). They even fixed a problem with a wheel for Crombers which a national chain couldn't fix (and for less money!!) :D

or, try WH Tyres in Bonnybridge (next to Pro-grip), they are also very good for service - not bought tyres from them tho.. :)

already tried Forsyths as I remembered you had used them.

Obviously I need a staggered set up and they were not very helpful TBH.

I am wanting a more flat style tyre like the conti's a lot of the tyres these days are more rounded you know coming from the side wall up round to the start of the foot print part of the tyre.

I've tried BITS no luck on price.

Where's Norman when you need him:(

Thinking that I will just need to accept the price on tyres and fork out the £££:(

The Dogfather
2nd October 2007, 10:03 PM
If you know what your looking for then Turriff Tyres will do mail order. Very cheap.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 10:03 PM
Fi, like Ian says.... They're by no means local, but Ostles in Gala are the muts nuts.

A.;)

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 10:05 PM
Fi, like Ian says.... They're by no means local, but Ostles in Gala are the muts nuts.

A.;)

I might just get Allan to call them tomorrow as I don't just want anyone touching my BBS Alloys.

Do they have a site.???

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 10:06 PM
I might just get Allan to call them tomorrow as I don't just want anyone touching my BBS Alloys.

Do they have a site.???

PM on the way.;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 10:08 PM

Do they have a site.???

I would say 90% of their business is the local farmers and other commercial vehicles. They do lots of 4x4's. But they really take car of your car and your wheels.

A.;)

ianking
2nd October 2007, 10:17 PM
The garage that I used to work for whilst at uni sends all their cars round there for tyres and have used them since Ostles started up in the 70's.

I think several local dealers use them for their tyre requirements.

I was in there today finding out a price for some tyres for my R56.

ianking
2nd October 2007, 10:22 PM
here is their site
http://www.ostlestyres.co.uk/

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 10:35 PM
The garage that I used to work for whilst at uni sends all their cars round there for tyres and have used them since Ostles started up in the 70's.

I think several local dealers use them for their tyre requirements.

I was in there today finding out a price for some tyres for my R56.

but did you get a good price.???

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:23 PM
well I managed to get a deal on tyres. ain't the internet a great thing even spoken to the guy.:D

2 x Continental Sport Contact 2 245 x 40 x17

2 x Continental Sport Contact 2 225 x 45 x17

Price delived to my door for Friday £320 already agreed with Central Tyres just round the corner from us who will fit them for a £0.:cool:

roughly a saving of £180:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 11:30 PM
well I managed to get a deal on tyres. ain't the internet a great thing even spoken to the guy.:D

2 x Continental Sport Contact 2 245 x 40 x17

2 x Continental Sport Contact 2 225 x 45 x17

Price delived to my door for Friday £320 already agreed with Central Tyres just round the corner from us who will fit them for a £0.:cool:

roughly a saving of £180:cool:

Where did you get them from?

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:42 PM
Where did you get them from?

well I thought what the hell check ebay out.

I saw this guy selling a couple of conti tyres.

So I thought send him a email asking him a couple of questions and see if he replies:

bugger me he replied straight back we emailed a couple of times then he sent me his land line phone number( an old bloke his name is Henry really nice chap from the midlands) we spoke made a deal will pay him tomorrow once he faxes the order details not buying them through ebay.

He teats his customers in the same way I would treat any if I had customers. So all in all I'm chuffed good saving for us.:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 11:43 PM
well I thought what the hell check ebay out.

I saw this guy selling a couple of conti tyres.

So I thought send him a email asking him a couple of questions and see if he replies:

bugger me he replied straight back we emailed a couple of times then he sent me his land line phone number( an old bloke his name is Henry really nice chap from the midlands) we spoke made a deal will pay him tomorrow once he faxes the order details not buying them through ebay.

He teats his customers in the same way I would treat any if I had customers. So all in all I'm chuffed good saving for us.:D

Cool. Good result Fi.:D

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:46 PM
Cool. Good result Fi.:D

I think so. Oh and that's a online saving of £180 if I was going through the likes of kwik fit it would be a saving of £290 roughly.:D going by their website

Gismo
3rd October 2007, 03:29 PM
The free fitting helps a lot with your price Fi, how did you manage that??

Scottie
3rd October 2007, 05:53 PM
The free fitting helps a lot with your price Fi, how did you manage that??

they are round the corner from our house known the guys there for years and years like 20 years:cool:

vintageb3
3rd October 2007, 08:15 PM
Why don't you give us the contact Fiona!? :)

mark

Scottie
3rd October 2007, 08:23 PM
Why don't you give us the contact Fiona!? :)

mark

Yeah no problem.

I will wait though until I get my tyres just in case I've been done.

Don't think so as I spoke to him today and got 2 emails from him aswell and the another just before 5 saying the tyres are being sent tomorrow morning on a over night should arrive Friday.

Oh and the price is including courier charges.

vintageb3
3rd October 2007, 08:24 PM
Good Stuff!

Hope the deal goes smooth...I'm sure it will!

mark

Scottie
5th October 2007, 06:07 PM
got my tyres today well chuffed.:cool:

think i wil go take a pic of them.

Scottie
5th October 2007, 06:33 PM
here is a link to the ebay auction I don't want to give out his mobile number on a public forum.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270172187329&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

from this I emailed the guy and asked him about getting additional tyres and not through ebay.

He can get any tyre and at a very good price.