PDA

View Full Version : Want to know the trade price for your Mini

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/scripts/nuvv/nuvv1.asp?clientId=vauxhall&laf=vauxhall&nuvvpath=b&sessionid=0url

The valuation is a trade price, what the dealer would give for your car if you part exchanged it at a dealer

you'll need to adjust for buying from a dealer or private, but it gives you an idea.

KenL
2nd October 2007, 10:32 PM
Good link, but this does not take options into account. If you pay £3, you can get a fully personalised price guide from Glasse's.

Then, when you take it to a dealer, they will do their best to wriggle out of offering you that price.

Eastern were good at that when I was trading my lovely Golf :rolleyes:

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 10:44 PM
as I said it gives you an idea on price remembering most dealers do not give a rats @rse what options you have.:D

duncan
2nd October 2007, 10:55 PM
I've read enough to see that options packs for the MINI do matter to some degree.

Like a ONE without Salt pack is, well, not highly regarded, and the Chilli Pack for the Cooper/S is worth it.

That was a good few years ago though, and markets change.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 11:00 PM
as I said it gives you an idea on price remembering most dealers do not give a rats @rse what options you have.:D

Yes and no Fi. When we traded our Hyper Blue we managed to get 66% back on the total cost of the car, after two years. If the dealer hadn't taken all our extras into account we'd have lost thousands more.

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:06 PM
Yes and no Fi. When we traded our Hyper Blue we managed to get 66% back on the total cost of the car, after two years. If the dealer hadn't taken all our extras into account we'd have lost thousands more.

obviously your lucky then Andy

cause I can tell you being a options ticking type person that I once was.

I never ever ever ever got anything like a decent price on any of my trade in's.

The reason I got given to me in every signle trade in for such a crap price was because of the options not adding to the trade in price.

You must have been a special customer and me I must have been a mug.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 11:09 PM
obviously your lucky then Andy

cause I can tell you being a options ticking type person that I once was.

I never ever ever ever got anything like a decent price on any of my trade in's.

The reason I got given to me in every signle trade in for such a crap price was because of the options not adding to the trade in price.

You must have been a special customer and me I must have been a mug.

Well, so far they haven't told me not to darken their doors.:rolleyes:

However, this was the first time I've worked out the %age, and I would agree that was a cracking deal. No other dealer came close although one of the Edinburgh dealers did pout for a while because we didn't give them a chance to beat/match it. The other Edinburgh dealer walked away and said "nae chance we can get even close to that!"

A.:D

Gismo
2nd October 2007, 11:10 PM
I've never really received a great price for my optioned MINI's.
They were taken into account, but, nothing near the initial price, didn't expect it either, but.......:rolleyes:

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:15 PM
Well, so far they haven't told me not to darken their doors.:rolleyes:

However, this was the first time I've worked out the %age, and I would agree that was a cracking deal. No other dealer came close although one of the Edinburgh dealers did pout for a while because we didn't give them a chance to beat/match it. The other Edinburgh dealer walked away and said "nae chance we can get even close to that!"

A.:D

Ha Hee Hee. We drove round their bit under the cover of darkness the other night.:eek: :eek:

just wait until you sell that gas guzzler you bought:p :p.

Having learnt the hard way for many a year I'll never buy new again.

After I get myself a early E46 M3

I'll be buying a 5 or 6 year old RR Vogue

most of the value will have already been lost. :D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 11:21 PM
Ha Hee Hee. We drove round their bit under the cover of darkness the other night.:eek: :eek:

just wait until you sell that gas guzzler you bought:p :p.

After I get myself a early E46 M3

I'll be buying a 5 or 6 year old RR Vogue

most of the value will have already been lost. :D

LOL. Bear in mind our gas guzzler is not new, ex-demmo. And we won't need to sell it. After 2 1/2 years we just drive it to an auction mart and hand it over - if needs be. If there's equity in it, we can sell/trade it.

But one thing we have learned, and it was an expensive lesson - we will NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy a new BIG 4 x 4 again. lost thousands.:mad: :mad: :(

A.;)

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:28 PM
LOL. Bear in mind our gas guzzler is not new, ex-demmo. And we won't need to sell it. After 2 1/2 years we just drive it to an auction mart and hand it over - if needs be. If there's equity in it, we can sell/trade it.

But one thing we have learned, and it was an expensive lesson - we will NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy a new BIG 4 x 4 again. lost thousands.:mad: :mad: :(

A.;)

I know but the thing to remember no matter what and what kinda deal you will always loose on it.:mad:

Unless you buy it cash or on interest free then keep it for something 20+ years but not many people do that.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 11:32 PM
I know but the thing to remember no matter what and what kinda deal you will always loose on it.:mad:

Unless you buy it cash or on interest free then keep it for something 20+ years but not many people do that.

Is the way of the world, Fi.:(

A.:(

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:44 PM
Is the way of the world, Fi.:(

aye I know:( Oh well what can we do.:(

vintageb3
3rd October 2007, 07:37 AM
I just input the R56....and the site crashed?

:D

mark

CoNs
3rd October 2007, 11:10 AM
Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£7670
seems very good!

wonder what i could get for it private.. :D:D

Big Gordy
3rd October 2007, 12:39 PM

Thats me:p :D :cool:

Gaz B
3rd October 2007, 02:20 PM
£7990 for my cooper s! And to think Menzies were offering me £7200 as a trade in against a brand new cooper s 3 months ago and told me it was a great deal!!!!!
You just don't know who to believe.........:rolleyes:

zimbo
3rd October 2007, 05:46 PM

Ummm but I thought you had ordered one of the Up coming RS5 Coupes?? The first or second one in the country.. :D:p

Scottie
3rd October 2007, 05:54 PM
Ummm but I thought you had ordered one of the Up coming RS5 Coupes?? The first or second one in the country.. :D:p

oop's;)..............

Craig
3rd October 2007, 07:09 PM
well having used that, I now know that Menzies really were taking the mickey... 5 weeks old and with only 1000 miles they offered 500 less than it's valued at now and that's without taking £4000 of extras into consideration... :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

Robbing barstewards... :( I know where not to go back to now... :(

N12 JLK
3rd October 2007, 07:15 PM
that was pants, doesnt say if its an r56, only gave me 08, 2006 as an option. mine is a jan 07 r56 s with 300 coats of mirror glaze.

KenL
3rd October 2007, 07:32 PM
well having used that, I now know that Menzies really were taking the mickey... 5 weeks old and with only 1000 miles they offered 500 less than it's valued at now and that's without taking £4000 of extras into consideration... :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

Robbing barstewards... :( I know where not to go back to now... :(

Never go to a dealer with out doing some research, you will get ripped for sure :rolleyes:

Scottie
3rd October 2007, 07:50 PM
Craig it is not just Mini that they give a crap price on.

On a couple of other BMW forums that dealer you mentioned ;) have been getting a bad name with their trade in values on BMW's aswell. On and loosing trade.

KenL
3rd October 2007, 09:17 PM
Craig it is not just Mini that they give a crap price on.

On a couple of other BMW forums that dealer you mentioned ;) have been getting a bad name with their trade in values on BMW's aswell. On and loosing trade.

In defence of "that dealer" I felt I was dealt with honestly. I knew what my car was worth, they were honest and said they would need to sell it to a trader and gave me the best price.

They could though, have (like most dealers) have offered a discount!

"That dealer" were better than Dunedin and Eastern though.

Dunedin offered me £8.1k for my Golf compared to £9k from "that dealer".

Eastern were a bit hesitant to fix on a decent price even though they have a VW dealership as well. They also really wanted to sell their last December car, even though I was firm I wanted a 2007 car.

So, "that dealer" may not be as bad as others ;)

Craig
3rd October 2007, 09:43 PM
In defence of "that dealer" I felt I was dealt with honestly. I knew what my car was worth, they were honest and said they would need to sell it to a trader and gave me the best price.

They could though, have (like most dealers) have offered a discount!

"That dealer" were better than Dunedin and Eastern though.

Dunedin offered me £8.1k for my Golf compared to £9k from "that dealer".

Eastern were a bit hesitant to fix on a decent price even though they have a VW dealership as well. They also really wanted to sell their last December car, even though I was firm I wanted a 2007 car.

So, "that dealer" may not be as bad as others ;)

Ken - thank god somebody out there has the luck. that being...

great trade-in value from a company you haven't dealt with before....

an R56 which isn't riddled with faults

However, from my dealings...
I have bought 3 cars from them, my sister has bought 3 cars from them, oh and I helped them with the launch the R56, and all the people who have been recommended and sales made from them...

my point being, after all of that, I was still given a crap trade-in price.. :( :( :( Makes you think how much they value your repeat business..:(

Scottie
3rd October 2007, 10:06 PM
Ken - thank god somebody out there has the luck. that being...

great trade-in value from a company you haven't dealt with before....

an R56 which isn't riddled with faults

However, from my dealings...
I have bought 3 cars from them, my sister has bought 3 cars from them, oh and I helped them with the launch the R56, and all the people who have been recommended and sales made from them...

my point being, after all of that, I was still given a crap trade-in price.. :( :( :( Makes you think how much they value your repeat business..:(

well I felt that my business by a certain dealer was being taken for granted not just for sales but in service also.

KenL
3rd October 2007, 10:22 PM
This forum is all about sharing experiences; good:) and bad:(

Let's hope dealers are taking their loyal customer's comments on board;)

KenL
3rd October 2007, 10:23 PM

That is bad.

Make sure you shop around in future!

AndyP & Lenore
3rd October 2007, 10:30 PM
This forum is all about sharing experiences; good:) and bad:(

Let's hope dealers are taking their loyal customer's comments on board;)

I may be turning into a synical old fart that resembles my father-in-law, but I am becomming worried that dealers may well be reading these comments but they just don't give a rats ar@e.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd October 2007, 10:33 PM
Perhaps it's not that they don't give a rats ar@e. But I do think they become unbelievably complacent in their future dealings with you after one or two purchases.

A.