PDA

View Full Version : They may be going up for sale.....

Craig
2nd October 2007, 07:16 PM
................... form an orderly q..... ;)

yes, after the slight buckle to one of my wheels in the summer and a couple of scuff marks, I am think about selling my Axis wheels... :eek: :eek:

I have priced them to be repaired and it looks like it is going to be too much money.. I might just sell the tyres and keep the wheels in the garage for a while.. Don't really know what to do..

I still love the look, but because you can't buy replacements, or get them repaired easily, it's making me think this way..

Opinions please ? What would you do...?

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't have buggered them up in the first place, but then thats just me. http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_prod_stick.gif

A.:D

FergusM
2nd October 2007, 07:43 PM
Spill the beans on how much to repair.....?

Or scared that you'll put off potential buyers ;)

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 07:48 PM
................... form an orderly q..... ;)

yes, after the slight buckle to one of my wheels in the summer and a couple of scuff marks, I am think about selling my Axis wheels... :eek: :eek:

I have priced them to be repaired and it looks like it is going to be too much money.. I might just sell the tyres and keep the wheels in the garage for a while.. Don't really know what to do..

I still love the look, but because you can't buy replacements, or get them repaired easily, it's making me think this way..

Opinions please ? What would you do...?

well you got to think what you will replace them with for next summer also the cost of wheels + tyres against the cost or repairing these Alloys.

The Dogfather
2nd October 2007, 08:27 PM
I had to buy a new Brabus wheel the other week £200, how bad do they have to be before they can be repaired?

Craig
2nd October 2007, 09:46 PM
Spill the beans on how much to repair.....?

Or scared that you'll put off potential buyers ;)

well, the one with the slight buckle will be approx £90 to fix.

also the other 3 wheels have some small marks on the edges of the wheels which I would want fixed and I think they will cost about £50 - £60 each to sort (because of the finish on them), so looking at about £270 to sort all 4..

I just think that I might be better served selling them on and trying something new as I have had them for a couple of years... :confused:

I have a set of 17" (proper) tyres in my garage crying out for some wheels and if I get rid of these, that would fund them. Might just sell the 18" tyres and keep the wheels for a year of so and then get them refurb... aaaarrrrggggghhh.. THis is doing my head in..:( :(

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 10:04 PM
TBH

Craig I don't think you would get much money or much interest in your wheels without them getting a refurb.

I would take the tyres of and sell themon here or ebay.

If you have the room keep your alloys if not then chuck them on ebay without a reserve price.

SOOOooooooooooooooooo what 17's do you fancy I would keep to OEM if it was me.

Craig
2nd October 2007, 10:07 PM
Thinking about Bullets - can get them from Wheelbase for £370 without tyres.. :D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 10:12 PM
Thinking about Bullets - can get them from Wheelbase for £370 without tyres.. :D

Craig, PM sent.

ianking
2nd October 2007, 10:14 PM
there was a guy on detailing world a couple weeks ago that posted up pics of an R56 Cooper that had bullets fitted to it and it looked good.

I mis my bullet wheels, they were so easy to clean.

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 10:14 PM

what Alloys came with the car.??

Gismo
2nd October 2007, 10:55 PM
Craig, i wouldn't think anyone would want to buy wheels knowing they needed refurbed, no guarantee's they can be repaired even if you say so.
Best get them fixed yourself and then sell them in ok condition

Craig
3rd October 2007, 07:01 PM
what Alloys came with the car.??

Crown Spokes... :cool:

Craig
3rd October 2007, 07:01 PM
Craig, i wouldn't think anyone would want to buy wheels knowing they needed refurbed, no guarantee's they can be repaired even if you say so.
Best get them fixed yourself and then sell them in ok condition

yeah, but if I was to refurb them myself I would keep them, it's just the cost that is putting me off.. could spend less for a new set of wheels.. ;)

N12 JLK
3rd October 2007, 07:06 PM
I miss my bullet wheels, they were so easy to clean.

totally agree, I love those wheels too and were very easy to clean.