PDA

View Full Version : All these phone-in scandals.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 04:44 PM
It's happening all over, mostly on programmes I don't watch or listen to, but this statement from BBC Director General on in this news article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7024288.stm) caught my eye....

Director general Mark Thompson has announced a plan of action to ensure standards do not slip again, including training all staff about truth and honesty and setting up a new editorial standards board.

I'm glad he feels it necessary to train his staff about truth and honesty. These were life-skills I picked from from a very young age, and haven't left me yet. What is it about BBC staff that when they take up their production/editorial position within the company they loose their morals?

A.:confused:

duncan
2nd October 2007, 05:43 PM
To be honest, I really don't care if its a "scam" with all these BBC revelations.

Chances are they've not made money out of it, and, Its Television. Its not real life. No one has died.

The ITV ones where they've made millions of pounds is a con, and needs to be cracked down on.

Mind you, all these phone-ins are Idiot taxes, and I have little sympathy for these whinging callers wanting the money back.

If you agree with me. Call 0906 730001 to let me know.
Calls are charged at £1.50 a minute, call duration is approx 5 minutes.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 06:37 PM
If you agree with me. Call 0906 730001 to let me know.
Calls are charged at £1.50 a minute, call duration is approx 5 minutes.

OK, Lines are now closed, so please don't call, because your opinion won't be sent to Duncan. But if you do call, you may still be charged.:eek: :rolleyes:

A.:D :D

zimbo
2nd October 2007, 07:21 PM
I think the quick and easy answer here Andy is, ...£££££££ and thats all they see!! That appears to be what the world is coming too in some places.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 07:23 PM
I think the quick and easy answer here Andy is, ...£££££££ and thats all they see!! That appears to be what the world is coming too in some places.

Totally agree Zimbo. Very sad.:(