PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Meet This Sunday (No further car's please )

Bazthemod
17th February 2004, 09:19 AM
Your Chance to have your Mini in the square!!

http://www.monkeyview.net/id/760/dundee/caird_hall.jpg

Dundee Model Railway Club's Hobbies Extravaganza

Basically this shows on the 23rd/24th of October, what we need you to do is come along with your Mini and park it up in the square. Hopefully the Mini's will do their usual and attract the publics eye and lead them into the show, gathering publicity for NEWMINISCOTLAND also!!

If you come along you'll get free access to the show and entry to the Staff Buffet with it's discount prices, cheaper than the publics Buffet!!! :) Or you could have a wander to the many excellant food places around the city centre. There will also be a donation to the website!

Ok anyone that can attend (Weefozzy & Co?) how about meeting at Discovery Point's carpark at say about 9:30am from there we can head up to the City Square.

Upon entering the pedestrianised area hazard lights must be switched on and speed limit of 10mph must be obayed (Council Rules) :clown::I8)
Since John Clark may want their cars back before the showroom closes we might sneek out about 4:30pm

Sunday
1.Bazthemod
2.WeeFossy
3.John Clark Convertable
5.John Clark Convertable
7.Jeff
13.Low'n'Loud

Willie M
17th February 2004, 04:25 PM
I'm sure you'll get one or two people on here interested Barry.
I'd certainly be interested in coming along if you get the go ahead for showing off some Minis :cool:

Jeff
17th February 2004, 07:57 PM
Count me in Baz. I am sure some of the other Dundee loons will put there name down

Duncan Stewart
17th February 2004, 08:28 PM
Sounds possible. I should be at the show with East Neuk MRC anyway.

seany
17th February 2004, 09:54 PM
count me and the wife in if the dates are ok

Bazthemod
25th February 2004, 03:19 AM
Thank you for your response people ill kick start this topic again nearer the time! :D:):D

phantom
25th February 2004, 03:25 AM
put me on for this one, i only have models minis though no trains :p

seany
25th February 2004, 03:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

put me on for this one, i only have models minis though no trains :p

i have about 40-50 model minis

Bazthemod
25th February 2004, 03:49 AM
Ive got around 70 locomotives all together my grandads buys them all for me! :D:clown:

phantom
27th February 2004, 04:52 AM
i am so pleased that i am not the only freak out there ;):D

Bazthemod
1st March 2004, 10:53 PM
:eek: i hope your comparing yourself to Seany :eek::evil:;):D:blackeye:

phantom
2nd March 2004, 03:20 AM
Hi Barry nice to meet you yesterday, of course Im refering to Seany, you are not old enough to be as sad as us yet. ;)

Bazthemod
2nd March 2004, 03:33 AM
:D LOL nice to meet you too :approve:

Linda M
3rd March 2004, 05:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

Ive got around 70 locomotives all together my grandads buys them all for me! :D:clown:
WOW :eek:
Hi Barry, I only found out who you were at the end of the run. Glad you all enjoyed it and hope to meet you on the next one :)

Willie M
26th April 2004, 03:33 PM
Linda and I could do Sunday 24th Barry, afraid we couldn't manage the Saturday too.

seany
26th April 2004, 10:01 PM
both days with both cars

Bazthemod
27th April 2004, 12:28 AM
Perfect Guys!:)

phantom
27th April 2004, 02:37 AM
Hi Baz, Alison and I can only manage the Sunday for this one.:)

ny152
29th April 2004, 04:11 AM
Baz

I'd be glad to come through on the Saturday :)

carol
29th April 2004, 03:54 PM
Baz

Could manage the Saturday as I am on holiday
Carol
:cool::cool::cool:

Ok guys we have the go ahead!:D

The halls are booked and permit will be granted for the square. We will have to limit this to a maximum of 10 Mini's as we need room for the live steam track too!

The basic idea is to draw peoples attention to the square and hopefully into the halls! I think Mini's are perfect for the job:)

I know it's still a long way off (23/24th October) but we're already planning for Oct 2005. Could you also advise whether the best day it Saturday, Sunday or both! There will be free entry to the show access to staff buffet and a donation made to website.

1.Bazthemod
2.Willie M (Sunday)
3.Linda M (Sunday)
4.Jeff
5.Duncan Stewart?
6.Seany + Una (Both)
7.Seany + Una (Both)
8.Phantom (Sunday)
9.Gold Mini (Saturday)

weefossy
30th April 2004, 03:48 AM
Could we please go on the list for Sunday 24th? Thanks

Jeff
30th April 2004, 06:05 AM
Either or for me!!!

Duncan Stewart
30th April 2004, 04:32 PM
Saturday for me Baz. Cheers

Duncan Stewart
13th August 2004, 04:38 PM
Hi Baz. Don't want to sound negative about this - but what are the security arrangements for the cars? - fences, folk watching them?. I must admit I was not happy at Arbroath with folk with pushchairs and big bags with sharp zips squeezing between the cars.
I'm only really up for this if the cars are fenced off in some way.

Bazthemod
13th August 2004, 05:27 PM
Ohh sorry wasn't clear but the cars will be behind barriers, the same kind thats used for protecting the model railway layouts!
Hope this is ok :):question:

Duncan Stewart
13th August 2004, 08:26 PM
Cheers Baz. I just worry too much about my pride & joy!
You gonna be at the St Andrews model railway show this weekend?

Bazthemod
13th August 2004, 10:10 PM
No sadly our clubs not exhibiting there, plus i'm skint and can't buy any trains!!! :dead::D

Eggy7496
16th September 2004, 10:54 PM
stick me down for the saturday, i agree with duncan about the safety fences. will you give us more info nearer the time?

Bazthemod
17th September 2004, 06:05 AM
The cars will be protected by wooden barriers or cones and safety tape, both have proved successful in the past at keeping sticky fingers away from classic cars and live steam railways so there should be no problems with safety and security of your MINI if you have any further worries or questions please ask! :)

Calum how do we go about getting run plaques made to be fitted to the front of the cars? Also if someone could bring the NMS banner that can go on display!

Im off on holiday from the 25th of sept - 10 oct so things need sorted really before i go ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
17th September 2004, 05:00 PM
Baz - sorry no run plates I'm afraid. I'd rather we only ask John to do run-plates for the big runs (30+) as they are very expensive to produce for just a few cars...economies of scale and all that. The banner will be enough.

GAJ has the banner at the moment so you'll need to arrange something with him.

Bazthemod
18th September 2004, 01:55 AM
Owell ... ill jus knock something up myself then! Anyone going via Edinburgh on their way here, that could maybe pick the banner up from Gaj?? 8)

Willie M
20th September 2004, 03:54 PM
Oh God, I think I really am turning into Wul now :(:I
Sorry Baz, I'm afraid Linda and I ain't going to manage this one now :( I'm now going to be down in Leeds (work) that weekend :mad:
Really sorry mate, hopefully see you sometime soon though.

Bazthemod
20th September 2004, 08:38 PM
That's Ok Willie some other time! :)

ny152
21st September 2004, 08:14 PM
Barry, can you take my name off the list please? Cant make it now due to changes at work :(.

Eggy7496
23rd September 2004, 11:34 PM
i take it we can only go round this exhibition so much. what other things can you do in Dundee to pass the time?

Bazthemod
25th September 2004, 08:22 AM
There's plenty of other things to do Eggy like ... shopping, Cinema (DCA Just up the road) Bingo? Mcmanus Galleries (Museum) ... Discovery Point??

Anyway sadly we have lost our permit for saturday to something the city council is arranging so can anyone going on saturday arrange to come on sunday instead?

Im off on holiday to florida from tomorrow so you will know why im not replying i will be back 10th October.

Maybe a moderator could keep an eye on this for me pretty please??

See Yall in two weeks!

Eggy7496
25th September 2004, 08:49 AM
im not sure about sunday, u can easily put me down for a maybe put i dont think i'll make it.

seany
25th September 2004, 04:59 PM
myself and una cant make it, sorry Baz

phantom
1st October 2004, 03:38 AM
Sorry Baz cant make this now as things are going on for me now, sorry.:(

Eggy7496
1st October 2004, 05:36 PM
this run is cancelled, aint it?

Bazthemod
3rd October 2004, 04:02 AM
Sunday 24th 10am - 5pm CAN ANYONE ATTEND???

REALLY LOOKING GOOD WITH AN EMPTY SQUARE THAT SHOULD BE FULL!!!!!

seany
3rd October 2004, 11:01 PM

Sunday 24th 10am - 5pm CAN ANYONE ATTEND???

REALLY LOOKING GOOD WITH AN EMPTY SQUARE THAT SHOULD BE FULL!!!!!

it look's like it is you and wee fossy, on this baz.

Bazthemod
4th October 2004, 06:45 AM
Yeh Pretty Dissapointing:(

Willie M
4th October 2004, 03:53 PM
C'mon folks, is nobody else gonna muck in and help Barry out here? If I wasn't in Leeds that weekend I'd certainly be there.

Eggy7496
4th October 2004, 09:04 PM
i was gonna manage saturday but i have plans for sunday, sorry

weefossy
5th October 2004, 07:20 AM
Come on guys, as Willie says, some support needed here!!
We will try and get Claire and Frankie to bring his car from St. Andrews, not sure what their plans are for that weekend. As it stands we will still be there.

Bazthemod
5th October 2004, 11:58 AM
Yay:D Im going to see Ewan or Tom at JC's and see if they want to park up the John Clark MINI's aswell and if that fails ill maybe rope in a few Mod Scooters 8)

Julz
6th October 2004, 11:49 PM
I'm still trying to see if I can make this! Doubtful though as I have the following weekend as a long weekend for the Blackpool Run and we're on overtime just now cause Overgate 2 is kicking off, as is the M8 extension:eek::evil::D

weefossy
20th October 2004, 12:48 AM
Are we still on for Sunday. We can meet at the Discovery car park as suggested. I don't think Claire & Frankie can make it, but I will ask them again tonight. Are JCs' still coming and is Julz able to make it?

Bazthemod
20th October 2004, 01:42 AM
Yep Everythings coming to plan this end ... going into remind John Clark tomorrow .. and got banner from gaj today :cool:

so its

us, weefozzy, John Clark x2, Julz?,Claire & Frankie?

See you sunday all going well!:)

Jeff
21st October 2004, 10:31 PM
I can make this now as well!

Julz
21st October 2004, 10:45 PM
I think I'd be safer just to say I won't make it, just too many commitments just now, sorry!:(:disapprove:

Burple
21st October 2004, 10:59 PM
Hey guys...
May pop along for a bit, but definitely won't be able to make the whole day, will be in Edinburger on Sat night, and got decorating to do on Sunday!

Hopefully see some of yer on Sunday! :D:D

Bazthemod
22nd October 2004, 12:14 AM
Ok guys see arrangements in post one :)

Maybe make the time 9:30 seeing as there are more people comming now and it would be nice to be there for the show opening which is at 10:00 :cool:8)

weefossy
22nd October 2004, 05:58 AM
Claire & Frankie can't make it, but we'll be there. See you at Discovery Point at 9.30am.
Come on Peps....can anyone else help support this event? It's not too late

eddie 44
23rd October 2004, 04:49 AM
i can now make the short trip from the fair city on sunday :D
when you say discovery point car park, is that on riverside drive
opposite railway station :question: will leave perth @ 08:45 see you sunday.

Bazthemod
23rd October 2004, 06:04 AM
Thats the one Eddie!:D:cool:

Duncan Stewart
25th October 2004, 02:02 AM
How did it go then? I was at the show yesterday - excellent modelling show in the hall just a shame we were unable to have the cars in the square - lovely sunny day.

Bazthemod
25th October 2004, 03:38 AM
Well better than expected at least some MINI's turned up in the end!!

Thanks for turning up Weefozzy and Eddie your attendance was much appreciated, pity about the rain but hope you enjoyed the show anyway! :)

I have a few pics ill post when i next get a chance!

Once again big thanks to John Clark for lending us two cabriolets for the weekend :cool::approve:

eddie 44
25th October 2004, 03:50 AM
it was good to see all your hard work paid off baz.
pity a bout the weather :disapprove: exhibition was good to.
looking forward to see the pics :D

weefossy
26th October 2004, 07:46 AM
Well done Baz, despite the weather. Enjoyed the exhibition and even bought a couple of books. Was worth the trip just for the "homemade soup". Great support from JCs.

GAJ
26th October 2004, 04:35 PM
Baz, if you could arrange to have the banner returned, that would be good.