PDA

View Full Version : Mini confirm next model will be a sports activity vehicle

vintageb3
1st October 2007, 10:09 PM
http://www.mini2.com/2007/09/27/mini-confirm-next-model-will-be-a-sports-activity-vehicle/

hmmmm....:rolleyes:

mark

KenL
1st October 2007, 10:59 PM
No doubt it will be a minging and totally pointless vehicle.

vintageb3
1st October 2007, 11:22 PM
Surely it won't be a R56:eek:

ONLY JOKING!!!!:D

mark

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2007, 11:35 PM
Surely it won't be a R56:eek:

ONLY JOKING!!!!:D

mark

Ken, you hold him, I'll kick him.;)

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2007, 11:41 PM
Profitability takes priority over mere volume growth

Don't they mean quality? or am I being synical again?

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 12:05 AM
read this post and thought of LnL:p :p ;)

The Dogfather
2nd October 2007, 06:21 AM
the nissan qashqai is a good example of an SUV style car which sells well.

s12cot
2nd October 2007, 07:57 AM

yeah they are good looking cars, loads of them kicking around now...

Burple
2nd October 2007, 09:54 AM
read this post and thought of LnL:p :p ;)

<sigh> ;);):D

The end of the world is nigh.... :D

Screw it, I'm buying a Bowler Nemesis and a train carriage to use as a caravan! :D

euan
2nd October 2007, 10:02 AM
<sigh> ;);):D

The end of the world is nigh.... :D

Screw it, I'm buying a Bowler Nemesis and a train carriage to use as a caravan! :D

Did you see that on Fifth Gear last night? Me wants!!!

On the SUV thing...It's all wrong!!! I'm off to buy a Fiat 500...

Burple
2nd October 2007, 10:31 AM
Did you see that on Fifth Gear last night? Me wants!!!

Oh yes.. Now THAT's a 4x4 worth having :cool::D
General rule of thumb.. if it can make Jason Plato or Tiff giggle while driving it, it HAS to be good! Entered the compo for the 500 too. I really quite like them!

As for a Mini SUV...:rolleyes: Profit over quality over product growth right enough...

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 10:50 AM

Why is it so wrong euan?

Surely there's nothing wrong with expanding the range to compliment the existing vehicles?

IMHO, it doesn't dilute the value of the existing vehicles, or at least I can't see why it would.:confused:

A.

euan
2nd October 2007, 11:14 AM
Why is it so wrong euan?

Surely there's nothing wrong with expanding the range to compliment the existing vehicles?

IMHO, it doesn't dilute the value of the existing vehicles, or at least I can't see why it would.:confused:

A.

I'm sure it'll be a wonderful car. I'm a bit of a traditionalist at heart, and to me a mini is a mini. I love the original cars and the new ones are an opportunity for me to own a practical version of that car. When they first said they would re-do the mini, I was a bit iffy about it but they stayed true to the spirit of the car, and some clever design touches meant it was a genuine attempt to update the car that so many people loved. That's partly why I'm not so keen on the R56, as it's beginning to stray a bit from that, although it's still a great car.

The Clubman (for all it's looks) is the same. Although I'm not quite so sure it's as good an update as the original car, they have stayed true to some key design elements, such as the rear doors for example (although I don't remember the original having one suicide door...)

An SUV though, that's one step too far me. Mini's used to have varients such as the pick up and the like, but an SUV? I just don't get the point of it for a start. How big is it going to be? It's a bit like Porsche and the Cayenne - did they really need to do that car? What was it proving? There are 4x4 that as quick as it, more luxurious, much better looking (in saying that, Jade Goody is better looking than a Cayenne). So what was the point in making it? It opened up a market to them that was previously closed and they made more money. But did they need to do it? No.

That's my issue with an SUV mini. It's a step too far - how big is going to be? For it to sell it'll need to be considerably bigger than a Clubman for it to be a practical SUV. Does it then still have a Mini character? Doesn't for me I'm afraid.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 02:08 PM
I know what you mean euan.

I'm not such a traditionalist, so I'm interested to see what they make of a MINI SUV.;)

A.:D

The Dogfather
2nd October 2007, 05:57 PM
Mini Moke? One of the first SUVs

vintageb3
2nd October 2007, 06:51 PM
Its not a SUV...its a SAV!!!!:mad:

mark

zimbo
2nd October 2007, 07:14 PM
NO!!! :eek: this sounds like a BIG NO NO...

I think IMHO the only other variants that I personally would like to see them make are a 2 seat roadster type mini and/or a mini pick-up. Now either of those and I'd be down @ the dealers camping on the doorstep to place my order... :D:p

KenL
2nd October 2007, 07:17 PM

Sells well? I've never seen one :p

KenL
2nd October 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm with Euan BTW, he sums it up beautifully ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2007, 07:22 PM
Sells well? I've never seen one :p

Your lucky then. They're ugly as ****:o http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_sick.gif

sav112gla
2nd October 2007, 07:36 PM
Its not a SUV...its a SAV!!!!:mad:

mark

its me! got to love it

duncan
2nd October 2007, 08:19 PM
:eek: Don't see the need for it. And I'll give you two words why.

ROVER STREETWISE

Lets just take a car, and ruggedise it with plastic, jack up the suspension, and make it "Urban"

Great.:rolleyes:

The whole journey with BMW/MINI was based on a modernised tradition. Well, we're sure getting that now, although the tradition has swung rapidly away from the British MINI one to the German BMW one.

The Dogfather
2nd October 2007, 08:33 PM
Never seen one? Time to clean your windscreen ;)

There's loads down here but that might have something to do with they built about 15 miles from were I live. Oh, and staff get discount as well.

illegalhunter
2nd October 2007, 08:48 PM
It will be CHAV mobile never mind the suv

Scottie
2nd October 2007, 11:52 PM
don't forget the X1 that BMW are doing also.

Gismo
3rd October 2007, 03:27 PM
I'm with Duncan on this one, not so sure i like the new look models and this, in my eyes, would be a disaster to the range :eek: