PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth...

BJN
29th September 2007, 06:17 PM
I've majorly got the R56 bug, but how much is my car worth as a trade-in??

05 MCS, 13,000 miles, Hyper blue, Chili pack, vis pack, sunroof, auto air-con, Multi function wheel, Antracite headlining, anthracite trim, Chrono pack, iPod connector, front arm rest, chromeline interior, 17" S-spokes, Harman Kardon Hi-fi, Aero skirts, silver bonnet stripes, rear parking sensors.

And how much for an R56 same spec.

N12 JLK
29th September 2007, 06:40 PM
I would say for a similar spec R56 you would be looking at just over £20k

illegalhunter
29th September 2007, 07:23 PM
You will putting atleast 7k towards a new mini. If i were you enjoy the 1 you have a wee bit longer& see if Mini get the finger out with the R56

BJN
29th September 2007, 07:39 PM
I did toy with waiting for the mid-life facelift but that's probably still 3-4 years away.

Nothing wrong with mine, esp now its not going to be used for commuting

Craig
29th September 2007, 08:40 PM
I've majorly got the R56 bug, but how much is my car worth as a trade-in??

05 MCS, 13,000 miles, Hyper blue, Chili pack, vis pack, sunroof, auto air-con, Multi function wheel, Antracite headlining, anthracite trim, Chrono pack, iPod connector, front arm rest, chromeline interior, 17" S-spokes, Harman Kardon Hi-fi, Aero skirts, silver bonnet stripes, rear parking sensors.

And how much for an R56 same spec.

Your Car - if you see a similar spec car on the forecourt somewhere, take that price and knock £2k off it and that is roughly what you will get for yours from a dealer... TBH, I think you are probably looking at about £11 - 12K for yours (going on previous trade-ins).. My R56 with 1000miles on the clock and 5 weeks old, was valued at £16k, so your not that bad... :eek: :rolleyes: :)

as for the R56, if it was me and I could turn back time, I wouldn't have bought, or for that matter got a replacement, I would have been better getting my money back. It seems that MINI still can't get the build quality / quality of the parts right after nearly a year of building them. I would suggest that you wait a bit longer, or put up with the inevitable problems.

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2007, 08:43 PM
It seems that MINI still can't get the build quality / quality of the parts right after nearly a year of building them. I would suggest that you wait a bit longer, or put up with the inevitable problems.

The other side of the coin is......:o :o

You may also find you get a car with very little problems except what you would normally expect for a new car. The occasional rattle and loose piece of trim.;)

Although our sun roof blinds still have a mind of their own.:mad:

A.;)

Craig
29th September 2007, 08:48 PM
Andy, I have to disagree,

My dad has a nearly 2 year old Seat Alhambra which has NEVER been into the garage for a repair of any sort. It has been faultless, no rattles, failed parts anything. and that is from the Spanish..! :eek: :D

Jude's new Civic has also not had any problems, rattles etc etc, so to say that you should EXPECT problems with a new car, I don't agree.

It's like when you buy a new house, you don't expect to have all the bricks replaced on the outside of your house, or for the boiler to pack in within the year or the windows sills to come away from the frames..

I just suppose it is up to each person to accept what level of quality they are prepared to accept for their hard earned money. I for one want top quality for every penny as I know how hard I have to work to get it.... (and there is a bit of Fifer in me. :o :D )

sedgie
29th September 2007, 08:57 PM
(and there is a bit of Fifer in me. :o :D )

LOL you speaking aboot my hubby again!!!!!!:confused: :o ;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2007, 09:18 PM
I know what you mean Craig. And your dad is lucky, so is Jude for that matter. And I do think that you have been terribly unlucky, twice.:mad:

This is purely my humble opinion but I do think it is unreasonable to expect a product as varied and complex as a motor vehicle to be completely faultless every time one rolls off the production line. At the end of the day, they are assembled (for the most part) by humans. And I know from a business point of view, humans are not (and never will be) perfect. People make mistakes. Period.

What sorts the men from the boys is how those faults are dealt with by the dealer/manufacturer. I would agree the way you have been treated by both is awful. No argument there. But that's an old conversation. Don't want to drift off-topic.

The reason I think Jude has been lucky is because Honda's are absolutely NOT faultless cars. Our first CRV was replaced under warranty by Honda. After we traded that second car in for another CRV, by the time we were trading that in for the Merc it was showing the same faults as the first one. maybe we were just unlucky.

But I'll tell you what. if you think I'm completely wrong in this, I'll let you beat me at golf tomorrow.;)

A.:D

Scottie
29th September 2007, 10:37 PM
bjn difficult choice to make but I understand why you would want a R56. My Minis always got a crap trade in price yes I know that I traded them to early but still they were crap. I'd keep your current Mini.

I can't comment on the faults for the R56 as I have no real knowledge of the figures and the % that have faults. Wonder if Mini do trends so they have a idea on the % you would think so.

I do know for every manufacturer one customer will be happy and another not with their car. Like everything else it is not so much the product but the retailer where the major problems lie and some dealers have no customer facing skills making a problem ten times worse and some dealers are so up their own bum you just want to slap them.

N12 JLK
29th September 2007, 10:37 PM
GO for it , trade the car in and get a shiney new R56. I just dropped Les off tonight at the station and I pulled away and all Lesleys friends thought the car , looks and sound when I pulled away was brill, the car even farted a nice wee backfire too:) .
Im for another at the end of next year.
Andy when you get your JCW kit fitted can you give us a listen, feel as we may be interested.

AndyP & Lenore
30th September 2007, 12:24 AM
GO for it , trade the car in and get a shiney new R56. I just dropped Les off tonight at the station and I pulled away and all Lesleys friends thought the car , looks and sound when I pulled away was brill, the car even farted a nice wee backfire too:) .
Im for another at the end of next year.
Andy when you get your JCW kit fitted can you give us a listen, feel as we may be interested.

Jason, I spoke to Lenore and she says there's no way your feeling her. But I might could be persuaded.... ;) :eek: :D Oooo errrr, Matron!:eek: :D

A.;)

vintageb3
30th September 2007, 07:38 PM
I for one want top quality for every penny as I know how hard I have to work to get it.... (and there is a bit of Fifer in me. :o :D )

Which bit?:eek:

mark

N12 JLK
30th September 2007, 10:12 PM
Jason, I spoke to Lenore and she says there's no way your feeling her. But I might could be persuaded.... ;) :eek: :D Oooo errrr, Matron!:eek: :D

A.;)
he he he.

Jasons grammar is awful!!