PDA

View Full Version : The most stupid thing I have witnessed

duncan
25th September 2007, 10:11 PM
Today, at work, I witnessed probably the most stupid thing ever.

We were parked up at a Level Crossing, preparing to do some routine maintenance in the area. Big white van, Network Rail plastered all over it.

Que member of the public walking past van.

Seconds later, said member of public decides to leap the full barriers which were lowered across the road.

He gets caught on the support wire, stumbles, and ends up on the line, with a train bearing down at him at 40 odd miles per hour.

Shouting at the stupid b*d to get out the way, while the train hits the brakes, sounding his horn, he manages to scramble clear, and misses the train by a foot.

I still just cannot comprehend the sheer stupidity of someone who would put their life on the line to save a few minutes from waiting for the train to pass. There's only ever going to be one winner.

john
25th September 2007, 10:33 PM
Today, at work, I witnessed probably the most stupid thing ever.

We were parked up at a Level Crossing, preparing to do some routine maintenance in the area. Big white van, Network Rail plastered all over it.

Que member of the public walking past van.

Seconds later, said member of public decides to leap the full barriers which were lowered across the road.

He gets caught on the support wire, stumbles, and ends up on the line, with a train bearing down at him at 40 odd miles per hour.

Shouting at the stupid b*d to get out the way, while the train hits the brakes, sounding his horn, he manages to scramble clear, and misses the train by a foot.

I still just cannot comprehend the sheer stupidity of someone who would put their life on the line to save a few minutes from waiting for the train to pass. There's only ever going to be one winner.

I think I know the guy and why he was so eager to get away,

was he a pidgeon chested guy?:D