PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3............

Gismo
24th September 2007, 08:27 PM
............is absolutely fantastic, the F1 game graphics are awesome.
I reckon it's way ahead of the xBox 360.

For the best results you gotta go through the HDMI cable and use a decent AMP, i'm using the latest Denon that upscales all video to 1080i if it's needed.
The Blue Ray movies are amazing too :)

AndyP & Lenore
24th September 2007, 08:31 PM
At last!:cool: :D :cool: :D

Been trying to convince folk of this for a wee while now.;)

I downloaded the Colin McCrae Dirt Demmo from the Playstation store. Addicted already. And that is just with 3 demmo cars on 3 demmo courses. Been waiting for Tesco's to get it back in.:D

A.:D

Gismo
24th September 2007, 08:33 PM
At last!:cool: :D :cool: :D
I downloaded the Colin McCrae Dirt Demmo from the Playstation store. Addicted already. And that is just with 3 demmo cars on 3 demmo courses
I looked at that, but opted for Motor Storm, perhaps worth another look then when i get back

AndyP & Lenore
24th September 2007, 08:36 PM
I got Motorstorm when I bought the PS3. Played it a couple of times, but really prefer DIRT. And that's just from the Demmo. Deffo worth a look.;)

A.:D

N12 JLK
24th September 2007, 09:18 PM
Nintendo Wii - "the business."

Come ahead PS3 lovers.

FergusM
24th September 2007, 10:14 PM
Am I allowed to say closest thing I have is a Nintendo....64 :o

N12 JLK
24th September 2007, 10:17 PM
Am I allowed to say closest thing I have is a Nintendo....64 :o

is that a calculator?
no les says its a toaster:o

euan
24th September 2007, 11:36 PM
is that a calculator?
no les says its a toaster:o

Best console I've ever owned was an N64.

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and the snowboarding game who's name escapes me (something 360). Still play them now.

Goldeneye will never be beaten!

AeroJonny
25th September 2007, 01:56 AM
it was called 1080 ;)

euan
25th September 2007, 10:28 AM
it was called 1080 ;)

That's the one! Ride as the ghost :D:D:D

Still, I'm keen to have a go on a PS3, it does look stunning and I look forward to the time they price it sensibly ;)

zimbo
25th September 2007, 06:26 PM
Im wanting to get a PS3 BUT am waiting to see if the price drops a little bit first, either that or they do some kind of special offer with free games and Blu-ray films and extra controller or something like that for me to be able to justify spending that kinda money...:eek:

sh@z
25th September 2007, 07:50 PM
Bring on Halo 3!!! :p

AndyP & Lenore
25th September 2007, 07:50 PM
Gta 4!!!!:D

Gismo
28th September 2007, 05:06 PM
Im wanting to get a PS3 BUT am waiting to see if the price drops a little bit first, either that or they do some kind of special offer with free games and Blu-ray films and extra controller or something like that for me to be able to justify spending that kinda money...:eek:
Well, i got 2 games, 2 blu-ray films and an extra controller for 424 quid.
But, in order to taker full advantage of the graphics you should consider you'll need a surround sound system and a TV with an HDMI input which will obviously bump the overall cost way up

zimbo
28th September 2007, 06:32 PM
Well, i got 2 games, 2 blu-ray films and an extra controller for 424 quid.
But, in order to taker full advantage of the graphics you should consider you'll need a surround sound system and a TV with an HDMI input which will obviously bump the overall cost way up

Yup thats what I was thinking, will need to get a nice 40"+ LCD or PLASMA telly and maybe a surround sound kit as well (surround sounds not that important for me).

Especially with my favourite game of all about to release its latest version in a little while, I'm talking about GRAND TURISMO 5 and it has FERRARIS @ LAST!!! I love the series...

I can see my bank account getting raided AGAIN very shortly... :D

N12 JLK
28th September 2007, 07:20 PM
Yup thats what I was thinking, will need to get a nice 40"+ LCD or PLASMA telly and maybe a surround sound kit as well (surround sounds not that important for me).

Especially with my favourite game of all about to release its latest version in a little while, I'm talking about GRAND TURISMO 5 and it has FERRARIS @ LAST!!! I love the series...

I can see my bank account getting raided AGAIN very shortly... :D

come round to our then!