PDA

View Full Version : Emails galore

AndyP & Lenore
22nd September 2007, 07:07 PM
Just got back off our hols and now able to surf full screen again - what a relief.

Checked our emails and we have 2,500 emails to sift through. Turns out that 2,495 of those were spam. It's getting out of hand. Is there any products out there that will stop this crap even reaching my inbox?:confused:

A.:(

Craig
22nd September 2007, 07:12 PM
looks like your service provider is not very good at stopping spam... I have my webmail set to the highest spam filtering and I get maybe 10 per week.. :D

Change ISP and that should sort it... or you may have a way of amending your spam filtering at their mail server before it gets to your account (which is what happens to mine..) :)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd September 2007, 07:52 PM
Well spotted young man.

I have three email addresses. One for me, one for Lenore (both through BTOpenworld.com) and another email address for my own web site.

It seems that I hadn't turned on Spam Protection on the BT email address settings, and my hosting package for my web site didn't include any Spam protection 'cos it was a bare bones cheapy hosting package. So I've switched on Spam protection on the BT email addresses, and I've upgraded to a higher hosting package for my own web site, so I will now get spam protection there too.

Job done.

A.;)

vintageb3
22nd September 2007, 09:32 PM
Just got back off our hols and now able to surf full screen again - what a relief.

Checked our emails and we have 2,500 emails to sift through. Turns out that 2,495 of those were spam. It's getting out of hand. Is there any products out there that will stop this crap even reaching my inbox?:confused:

A.:(

A typewriter instead of a computer?

;) mark

AndyP & Lenore
22nd September 2007, 09:40 PM
A typewriter instead of a computer?

;) mark

Nah. Not keen on Mac's.:eek: :eek: :D ;)

A.:D

vintageb3
22nd September 2007, 09:54 PM
Very good!:D

mark

sh@z
23rd September 2007, 12:06 AM
I use mozilla thunderbird, and the built in spam filter in that seems a heck of a lot better than Outlook. Give it a try, it is free afterall. No spam in my inbox anymore (been using it for a couple of years now, and 99% of the spam gets put into the junk folder)