PDA

View Full Version : Mini Swimming Pool

BJN
22nd September 2007, 10:03 AM
I noticed a bit of orange powder on the corner of my boot carpet this morning, lifted the carpet and...

My battery has its very own swimming pool. The water is covering about 3/4 of the battery. I called Mini Service followed by BMW emergency service then Mini service again, who referred me back to Mini Service.

Out come is I'm just waiting on a Hire car, and according to Mini this is covered by warranty.

Is this a 'common' fault / characteristic or is it just me?

Colin
22nd September 2007, 12:19 PM
The "water feature" in the boot is on the options list is it not. :rolleyes: I know some folk have went for the "sound of running water feature" for the front of the car. :D :eek: :rolleyes:

BJN
22nd September 2007, 01:51 PM
I know its a cliché but there definately is nowt as quick as a hire car!

Just got a New Cooper S, with 150 miles on the clock, while mine gets it's swimming pool drained, and it is so much quicker than mine!

Craig
22nd September 2007, 02:20 PM
I know its a cliché but there definately is nowt as quick as a hire car!

Just got a New Cooper S, with 150 miles on the clock, while mine gets it's swimming pool drained, and it is so much quicker than mine!

Thats cos the new ones are better...! :rolleyes: :) :D

and the running water feature is "the new mod".. ;)

KenL
22nd September 2007, 04:35 PM

It's a plot to get you to change!

I know water coming in via the high level brake light is a common one. Is the carpet soaking too?

BJN
22nd September 2007, 05:44 PM
Nope the carpet is dry, and I normally keep a fleece in the boot and it was dry too.

Weird one, if only they'd sort out the looks on the R56 I'd have one :D

S7JGW
5th October 2007, 03:48 PM

if only they'd sort out the looks on the R56 I'd have one :D

Same Here
Jim :D

Gorbash12346
11th October 2007, 07:38 PM
most likely either high level brake light or the urethane gaskets round the rear light clusters are letting in water...

it drainsdown the inside of the side panels so the underside of the carpet will be we first

unfortunately it's very common