PDA

View Full Version : Advice on mods please!

Colint
21st September 2007, 07:22 PM
Ok, wanting to stick an Induction Kit and exhaust on my Cooper S.
New to Minis so what do you guys recommend?
Dont want a really loud back box just something that sounds throaty..pops and crackles would be nice too:D

Cars a late 2004 model.

Cheers,
Col.

markyc
21st September 2007, 07:47 PM
Col there are quite a few to choose from but PlayMini do some cracking exhausts that sound lovely and are not too exspensive - you just got to hear Euans (Elfman) Cooper S with a PlayMini - fantastico indeed :eek: :D You could also consider what Craig (Craig and Jude) has just had done - a custom made stainless steel one fitted to his S from the cat back, sounds suuuuuperb :D :D There is also Tony Jacs (Minimadt) who has a Cooper Works exhaust and racing manifold on his S, man does than pop and crackle like who knows what - it's a delight to drive behind :eek: :D

Viper and K&N have some good induction kits. Im sure those better in the know than me (cause I'm led by them as well !!) will be along to give you some worth while advice

Enjoy whatever you get done :) ;)

vintageb3
21st September 2007, 08:42 PM
Be nice to them they are well hard...and don't kick their scooters over if you can't run fast.

That's about it really:rolleyes:

mark

markyc
21st September 2007, 08:46 PM
Be nice to them they are well hard...and don't kick their scooters over if you can't run fast.

That's about it really:rolleyes:

mark

PMSL Mark :D :D :D :D :D

Your a loon ball :eek: Mind you, you have an excuse since you come from Fifeshire :eek: :D ;)

vintageb3
21st September 2007, 08:49 PM
Oh!...right...wrong kind of Mods...

Well...I have just stuck on a playmini exhaust which I had my man Andy P run in for me;) Its not too loud...but does pops and crackle nicely. Best of all it doesn't drone on motorway trips.

Also added a Alta Cold air intake...and the supercharger now SCREAMS :)

I'm booked into Lohen next week. I'm getting an Alta 15 % reduction pulley fitted...and hopefully an Alta 2% enlarged crank pulley and and ALTA NATOR pulley as well.

That's it for me...no more.....well OK...maybe just one or two more things then:D

mark

AndyP & Lenore
21st September 2007, 11:26 PM
Colin, i'd echo what markyc and vintageb3 say. Play mini is an excellent exhaust. Elfman has the full system manifold (i think) cat, and rear silencer and it sounds amazing but may be a bit raw if you are just looking for some extra throatyness and pops. Tonyjac's jcw racing manifold is too crackly for me. But the cat-back play mini system we had (now on vintageb3's car) is the muts nuts. we also had a jcw air filter fitted. It was expensive (probably more expensive than an alta) but when you hit about 4,500 revs it opens up a seperate flap and you get a real kick from the engine. Very nice. And as vintageb3 says, with an air filter fitted, your supercharger really screams at you. Very, very nice.

A. :D

N12 JLK
22nd September 2007, 07:32 AM
I would love a play mini exhaust system , love the sound of Euan's car. by the way thats got to be the biggest post you have ever put Marky boy.

Craig
22nd September 2007, 11:04 AM
Playmini make a very good exhaust and I had one on my Cooper. Couldn't complain.. :D

As Marky says, I have just fitted a full stainless steel exhaust to my Cooper Turbo which was custom made. You can select what size and shape of tips, how many boxes, so that you can create whatever noise/sound you want out of the car.. :D The workmanship on the exhaust is superb and I woud recommend them to anyone..

Air intakes - go for a Cold air induction by anyone and you won't be disappointed.. :cool:

stoney
22nd September 2007, 12:12 PM
i have the gtt manifold on my s works and it sounds real nice and u can also de cat it with only 4 bolts:D

which i have done :eek: pops alot even up at 70/80mph and as long as u keep the car under 3 1/2 revs u dont realy here it :cool: but after that it really kicks in you can here it about 10 cars back when giving it death :rolleyes:

here is a wee vid from inside my var on are last run :D :D

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/th_26082007036.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/?action=view&current=26082007036.flv)

Aberdeen Al
23rd September 2007, 08:52 PM
I also have the GTT manifold coupled to the JCW exhaust - it sounds pretty good - I think I've got a sound clip somewhere!

If you are looking for a CAI then the GTT item is great................I did have the K&N but sold it after a week.