PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Crash

illegalhunter
20th September 2007, 10:55 PM
The Dollar is on the brink of a total crash . B Benakee the head of the federal reseve said its going down the tubes & will be replaced with the Euro. The ferdral Reserve is a private bank BTW . Get your money into gold

AndyP & Lenore
20th September 2007, 11:37 PM
John, help me out here, cos i'm confused. There's no ;) or a :eek: or even a :rolleyes: in your post. So what i'm not sure of is.... Are you serious? and by that what I mean is do you genuinely beleive the usa are going to replace their currency with the euro? Or was it actually posted with your tongue in your cheek and you just forgot to put any smilies in it?

A. :D

illegalhunter
20th September 2007, 11:47 PM
John, help me out here, cos i'm confused. There's no ;) or a :eek: or even a :rolleyes: in your post. So what i'm not sure of is.... Are you serious? and by that what I mean is do you genuinely beleive the usa are going to replace their currency with the euro? Or was it actually posted with your tongue in your cheek and you just forgot to put any smilies in it?

A. :Dgoogle it he said it yesterday, the arabs & the Chinese are starting to dump the the dollar, they hold trilions of them . Watch & see

sh@z
21st September 2007, 12:40 AM
What I don't see is why would they dump the dollar, it doesn't make sense?

The dollar is used predominantly in international trading, and China has a lot of interest in the dollar keeping its value... and why the hell would the arabs dump the dollar, as they own a huge chunk of the US in terms of financial markets. They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to do so.

I wathced that Zeitgeist too the other day, as much as its a good program its a VERY one sided story and you need to be careful not to get brainwashed by all this reverse-propoganda.... use your own sense too. They mentioned the US/Canada/Mexico have created a alliance like the EU and the one in Asia (like ASEAN) and will ditch the dollar for a uniform currency... again the costs of doing so will be too great to do it to the US. (As we know they do not care about the impact of such a move on their neighbours)

Most of Asia's manufacturing that they export use the dollar as the currency they operate in (I know this as this is what I do) and the US dumping the dollar will not happen as there are too many forces outside the US which will prevent this from happening. Maybe people are getting rid of the dollar cos they perceive the value dropping a lot more with all the current financial problems (i.e the mortgages situation in the US, Northern Rock here, and all these banks having problems has a knock on effect) but this is normal behaviour in financial markets... if you see your investment's value dropping in the near future significantly then sell it, buy it when it hits rock bottom and you think it will increase in value, this gap is where people make their money.

As I said, I can understand why you would think that (especially after watching Zeitgeist) but use a bit of common sense ey ;) Or get a job in London stock exchange and work your speculating magic there and see how it goes as you seem better informed than most of the population/governments.

Gismo
21st September 2007, 07:47 AM
It's an interesting theory, yes, the dollar is struggling at the moment, but, i can't see any way that it'll be replaced by the Euro.
However, having said all that, it's one of those things, the fact you've said it will happen makes it infinite time rated, unless you can say by what date/year it will happen by the theory is of no consequence