PDA

View Full Version : Alonso - what will happen?

The Dogfather
20th September 2007, 10:00 AM
I can't believe that McLaren are still employing is ungrateful prima donna, and I think that FIA have over stepped their authority in saying they'll be watching MMcL to make sure he treated fairly.

They should just sack him, I think trying to blackmail your boss would be a good enough reason for dismisal, don't you?

It's a shame that all this has happened as it tarnishes good work that Hamilton has done

euan
20th September 2007, 11:41 AM
I'm a McLaren supporter, the way they conduct themselves as equal drivers etc, all just makes me like the way they approach things. Alonso is behaving like a child - just because you've won 2 titles (and well, it should be said) doesn't mean you should get any different treatment to your teammate. Ron would be completely in his rights to sack him.

There is lot's of chat about him going back to Renault and I think they'd have him back in a flash, but to get rid of who? Would have to be Fisi for me as Kov has a better future. But is it not just going to be the same situation in a few years time? Kov is shaping up to be a very quick race driver. Unless they swap him to McLaren of course - that would be goodg - or maybe Piquet.

AndyP & Lenore
20th September 2007, 04:02 PM
I'm not a huge F1 fan, so perhaps not really qualified to answer in this thread. But if one of my employees had been caught spying on the competition and it made the press, he/she would be summarilly dismissed for gross misconduct for bringing the company into disrepute.

any reason why it should be any different for maclaren? Or am i oversimplifying the situation?

Gismo
20th September 2007, 05:06 PM
Alonso should have been penalised at the Belgian grand prix for his very dangerous manouver on Hamilton on the first lap.

Apart from that, he should be sacked with no pay for his manner and obvious lack of respect for his boss, but, it's well documented how much of a gob sh!*e he is

Scottie
20th September 2007, 05:22 PM
I'm not a huge F1 fan, so perhaps not really qualified to answer in this thread. But if one of my employees had been caught spying on the competition and it made the press, he/she would be summarilly dismissed for gross misconduct for bringing the company into disrepute.

any reason why it should be any different for maclaren? Or am i oversimplifying the situation?

I would agree unless his boss asked him to do it and he is covering that side of things up then they wil not be in a position to sack him. Which sounds more like the things he has something over his boss.

zimbo
20th September 2007, 07:59 PM
Alonso should go!!! Ron Denise doesnt appear to me to be the kind of person who would cheat, after all there is too much in the bigger picture for him and the whole team to lose for him to do something like that ...but Alonso seems to think he is the be all and end all of the team and F1 and this big headedness of his has cost the team dearly.

GET RID OF HIM.... :rolleyes:

illegalhunter
20th September 2007, 10:14 PM
I hope Hamilton wins the title as Alonso it a winging fecker

Burple
21st September 2007, 10:34 AM
I would agree unless his boss asked him to do it and he is covering that side of things up then they wil not be in a position to sack him. Which sounds more like the things he has something over his boss.

Wasn't it ROn Dennis that blew the whistle on them? Isn't that what they were saying before the GP last weekend? ...so I don't think there's any covering up going on, Bin him! People have been sacked for less...

The Dogfather
21st September 2007, 12:32 PM
Could be that they can't sack him without paying out his contract, like a footie manager. They could be waiting for another team to buy out his contract, Renault probably. If Alonso does move, I think RD take action to make sure the WC will be driving a McLaren next season.

euan
21st September 2007, 12:34 PM
Wasn't it ROn Dennis that blew the whistle on them? Isn't that what they were saying before the GP last weekend? ...so I don't think there's any covering up going on, Bin him! People have been sacked for less...

Your quite right, Alonso threatened to take it to the FIA, so Ron did it instead.

Bring back Mika :D:D:D

Trouble is, unless they can really prove misconduct, he'll get a payoff from McLaren and I'll bet that would not be cheap. Having just paid the fine, I can't see them swimming in cash at the moment.

Mon the fish
25th September 2007, 09:06 PM
Would Alonso want to go back to Renault? The car is a bit crappy after all.

Jean Todt (the father of Massa's manager, as well as his boss!) was seen with Massa in the Toyota garage on the Sunday morning at Spa. The rumour is, an Alonso and Kimi dream team at the Scuderia, with Felipe punted to Toyota.

You heard it here first....!

euan
26th September 2007, 09:59 AM

Jean Todt (the father of Massa's manager, as well as his boss!) was seen with Massa in the Toyota garage on the Sunday morning at Spa. The rumour is, an Alonso and Kimi dream team at the Scuderia, with Felipe punted to Toyota.

I've heard all sorts of rumours...

Can't see Alonso at Ferrari with Kimi - Ferrari have a very expensive driver already and have a 1-2 driver rule, so he'd be in the same boat as he is now as Ferrari would more likely leave Kimi as number 1.

I'd heard a story about Toyota with Alonso - they can certainly afford his wages and would allow him to be the no.1 driver. Not a great car though.

The other rumour was into a Red Bull, the new car is apparently looking good and they can also afford his wages, but again it's all a bit unproven. Trouble is, they would need to punt a driver to get him.

Renault still looks most likely in my view.

Crombers
26th September 2007, 10:55 PM

I'd go for that ;) , as long as the red car wins :D who gives a :rolleyes:

The Bull
29th September 2007, 10:05 PM
The other rumour was that Button was being touted in the paddock as a front runner for Alonso's McLaren seat. Ya reckon? Heidfeld was another one mentioned.

sh@z
29th September 2007, 11:10 PM
The other rumour was that Button was being touted in the paddock as a front runner for Alonso's McLaren seat. Ya reckon? Heidfeld was another one mentioned.

Won't happen as Button/Barichello have both signed for Honda for another season.

The Bull
1st October 2007, 10:53 AM
Won't happen as Button/Barichello have both signed for Honda for another season.

Never say never. Remember the Williams/Honda carry on with Button not that long ago. Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on in F1.

Alonso also has a contract with McLaren for next year but can you see him seeing that through?

Mini Me
1st October 2007, 10:58 AM
Alonso is behaving like a big burd;) ...
He doesn't like the fact that he is the second best driver in the team and his behaviour is SHOCKING to say he least:eek:

SACK HIM....... BRING BACK MIKA:D

N12 JLK
1st October 2007, 12:00 PM
mika, his songs are pish:)

The Bull
1st October 2007, 10:14 PM
So Flavio has told Alonso the door is open whenever he wants to come back. Will he? Or will he tempt an offer out of Ferrari?

euan
2nd October 2007, 09:52 AM
So Flavio has told Alonso the door is open whenever he wants to come back. Will he? Or will he tempt an offer out of Ferrari?

He'll go to Renault I reckon. Why would he go to Ferrari? so he can fight with Kimi, who on his day is a blindingly quick driver? Can't see it.

Big Gordy
2nd October 2007, 10:31 AM
Get DC back in McLaren thats what I say:D .......outstanding drive from him on Sunday with a fine 4th:cool:

The Bull
2nd October 2007, 01:02 PM
You want the best car available, and right now that's obviously McLaren or Ferrari. Renault have been really struggling with the Bridgestones but you never know, come the start of the season they might have their act sorted out.

I think his only option IF he leaves would be Renault. Couldn't really see him in a BMW either.

Here's another question. Who will replace Ralf at Toyota? Sutil?

euan
2nd October 2007, 02:10 PM
You want the best car available, and right now that's obviously McLaren or Ferrari. Renault have been really struggling with the Bridgestones but you never know, come the start of the season they might have their act sorted out.

I think his only option IF he leaves would be Renault. Couldn't really see him in a BMW either.

Here's another question. Who will replace Ralf at Toyota? Sutil?

There was a rumour that he Alonso could go there - they've got the money and he's got the skill to move them forward. Realistically I think your right, it'll be Sutil.

Renault have got better as the season has gone on. The car has been pretty reliable but just not fast on the tyres, but they'll have learnt how to get more out of them now so it would be a more appealing drive.

sh@z
3rd October 2007, 01:40 AM
Read in the papers today that Alonso is leaving McLaren at the end of the season and is going back to Renault. Rumors of him going to Ferrari were killed when John Todt was asked about the chances of Alonso going to Ferrari by reporters to which he replied "zero chance" And Briatore has offered him his old job back.

"I told Fernando that the moment he is free from McLaren we would be pleased to have him back," said Briatore.
Briatore is convinced Alonso would not have quit Renault if he had been aware he would receive the same treatment as a rookie.

"If, before signing the contract, they told Fernando, 'Come with us, but you won't have any sort of advantage', he wouldn't have gone,"So yeah, I hope this turns out to be true and he ends up going elsewhere and not being a big baby at McLaren. Then when Hamilton beats him again whilst he is #1 at another team, he can't spit out his dummy. Though, I am a big fan of Kimi, and hope he will finally have a good season and win a deserved title.

Moonshine
3rd October 2007, 08:19 AM
would anyone really want to employ him? I wouldn't.

john
3rd October 2007, 08:29 AM

Me neither!

I bet he would be usless offshore:)

Gismo
3rd October 2007, 03:25 PM
Spoilt, petulant, arrogant and vastly over paid so called super star, wouldn't even get past the interview stage at my company :rolleyes:

The Bull
4th October 2007, 12:40 PM
Makes sense. Mercedes would love a German driver at the wheel of one of their cars.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2777514,00.html

Also....

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2777998,00.html

AndyP & Lenore
4th October 2007, 01:02 PM
Spoilt, petulant, arrogant and vastly over paid so called super star, wouldn't even get past the interview stage at my company :rolleyes:

They employed you didn't they?:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :D

<<<<Runs and hides.:D

A.:D

Gismo
4th October 2007, 03:29 PM
They employed you didn't they?:eek: :eek: :eek:
Like you, i own my own company :rolleyes: so, maybe i should have said that i would never hire him ;)